Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

New Camaro and Mustang

I came across the New Camaro and Mustang post and thought I would drop it here for those who don't know. As it was mentioned, Ford's redesign of the Mustang for 2012 will be in competition with Chevy and Dodge's muscle vehicle, both in looks and performance........ it was mentioned that there V6 may have a 260 -300 engine in it as well.

The concept style does not quite sizzle but the look is similar to the Camaro. Ford just suck at designing if you ask me. Check it out for yourself:

If this concept picture is close to being true... the rear is similar to the look of their retro fastback.

Here is the article:

Featured in the November 2006 issue of Road & Track, the 2009 and 2012 Ford Mustang are expected to be built on another new design. The styling of the S-197 continues, but gets refined with more edgy lines and less evident retro features.

The V6 Mustang is expected to get a new 3.5-Liter engine based at 260-280 horsepower. This new design 3.5-Liter engine is being tested in Ford’s Australian line and with modifications should make its way into the United States. With this power output, the 2009 V6 Mustang may run times faster than most earlier GT models.

Expect the 2009 GT Mustang to have an increase in power as well; rumors have the GT as a larger displacement modular design based around 350-400 horsepower! Expect to see Displacement-on-Demand (DOD) technology that will guarantee power when needed, but maintain fuel economy when desired as well. A 5.4-Liter design is not out of question for the GT, and a supercharged model could be produced as well.

For both the V6 and GT, a speculated 6-speed automatic transmission may be used. A 5-speed standard transmission is likely to be in production, but a 6-speed standard is in the works as well. The “DEW-lite” S-197 Mustang chassis could possibly receive an independent rear suspension (IRS) package, but with the popularity of drag applications, this plan will likely fail to make the showroom floors.

Road and Track also has insight into the 2012 Mustang. This model will be another redesign aesthetically, generating more angular swoops in styling. Aerodynamic styling will help maintain a fast powerhouse that creates less drag and nets better fuel economy. News for the 2012 Mustang is rumored at best. As the model will be 5 or 6 years away, expect changes in engineering from styling to power output. One thing is certain, however, the legend lives on!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

The mustang concept looks like trash.

Scene of the Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    The mustang concept looks like trash.

Agreed

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Looks like they took the camaro and turned it ugly but they look about the same...almost

Scene of the Crash
    The headlights look ridiculous, and there is barely a grill.

Blue
    04 Silverado

if you ask me just about ALL new cars are ugly,not all but a lot

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

That mustang looks like a good candidate for movies where stuff gets blown up alot.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

looks like shit. or a koala bear

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    looks like shit. or a koala bear
    Shit = Koala bear,...LMFAO!!!

MahiDude
    Uuugly

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would have lots to make fun of it that Mustang makes production
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face Sloppy Design

Quote Originally Posted by LukesSpeedShop View Post
    That mustang looks like a good candidate for movies where stuff gets blown up alot.
    That is a hilarious statement! Man, but I have to mention that this Stang style would give the model a fresh look. If this is the case, Ford is jumping all over the place in as far as body styles..... one gen with the Retro, the next modern just to keep up with other Make. This would be very sloppy production that is inconsistent. Since the Stang has continuous production, one would of thought they lead the pack in design/production; instead, it would seem they are trying to keep up with the pack.

Enough said............................

By the way, I did a review of the current model 2 years before it was released...... and man, I scored it low for Internal design. I still can't believe how poorly designed and produced in the cabin. The Fourth Generation F bodies had a more solid cockpit design then the Stang .

A super vehicle is one that is solidly designed throughout. The Mazda3s and 6s are examples of current vehicles that are well designed inside and out.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ya, that Mustang Concept is a piece of shit. I don't know how Ford can even consider that.

Black
    99 Z28 VERT A4 DD

Well, you do have to consider it is just computer image concept. Designers usually throw every conceivable design option into the original sketches. It looks to me as if Ford is merely in the very beginnings of the Mustang redesign.

But then again, Its not really my problem. The chances of me buying a Mustang are practically non-existent.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Camaro Front End / Color Scheme Customizing

It's been posted that the Front End to the Camaro is finalize. I don't know about the headlights (probably as a prop) for the time being. You can customize the color scheme of the Camaro here. You'll enjoy it:

CUSTOMIZE THE CAMARO

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    It's been posted that the Front End to the Camaro is finalize. I don't know about the headlights (probably as a prop) for the time being. You can customize the color scheme of the Camaro here. You'll enjoy it:

CUSTOMIZE THE CAMARO
    cool site. The black base w/ red stripes looks awesome

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i kinda like the 2 tone with black on bottom and grey on top, even on the convertible.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I thought the Camaro looked bad (slowly growing on me) but that Mustang looks horrible!

They ought to stick with the current style, and just update it. Although I guess they'll be running out of special editions soon, I think they've just about used them all up.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I thought the Camaro looked bad (slowly growing on me) but that Mustang looks horrible!

They ought to stick with the current style, and just update it. Although I guess they'll be running out of special editions soon, I think they've just about used them all up.
    For a brief moment I actually thought that damn thing WAS the new Camaro!!! The concept Stang and Camaro do not look that dissimilar at all. Both kinda ugly! I personally am not a huge fan of the new Camaro as it sits now, but we'll see when it hits the streets. And the emblem on the Stang grill looks like a bird (because of pic quality I'm guessing).

Custom
    2002 LS1

All someone did was photo shop the camaro and make it a mustang, you guys dont SEE THIS come on??????? Dont be so gullible!!!!!

edit: Looking at it even more now I dont understand how any of you even fell for this!!!! ITS THE SAME CAR PHOTO SHOPED

same mirror same rear fender without the vent same exact body line going down the side of the car, same front just modified a little. list goes on and on...

Thread Information