in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28

Angry need some help!!!

i ran 12.4 with steet tires and then put et streets with welds and skinnys and ran a 12.5 with a slower 60ft. i wasnt spinning really i just cant believe i ran slower any help would be appreciated !!

are you running a automatic or stick, slicks will make your car boog on the launch if everything isn't right

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Any difference in wheel and tire weight? Heavier wheel and tire combos' could increase rotational mass and thus the need for HP to roll them, which could slow you down.
    The only other idea I have, if all things were equal like O.A.T.\%R.H., is the overall circumference of the ET streets different from the strock tire combo? This could change your effective or final rear end ratio. Any difference in mph? A taller tire would slow your 60' time while increasing your mph, a shorter tire could reduce mph and take you out of a sweet spot in the 60' time.

in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28
    i have a auto with 3400 fuddle and the et steets are about 1/2 taller than the street tires and they should weigh less due to the weld pro stars i also took the front sway bar off thought that would help and it did but it might be going up to far instead of out plus the humidty was real bad and was about 90 degrees that night and it was a alot cooler when i ran faster i am thinking of getting a smaller diameter tire and try that!!!! but i actually ran the trap about a .5 to 1 mph slower with these tires also, so what do ya think??

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Do both tires have the same radius?

in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28
    if u measure them the street tires are actually almost an inch shorter which means they have a smaller radius so my et steets are too big maybe???

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Did you heat the tires up good enough, or maybe you didn't launch at the right RPM. I know when I went to a Drag radials I had to heat the tires up really well and launch at a higher RPM due to bogging because of traction.

Thread Information