Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Need Advice On Bolt On Mods!!!

Ok...so i got a 2000 Z28...ive done a TB bypass, slp lid, magnaflow catback, adjustable shocks and struts, and lowering springs and double adjustable PHB...i was thinking of getting Pacesetter LTs with a ORY and get a tune as well but I dont't want to end up doing another tune once I finish w/ the rest of my bolt ons...so I need some help. After the LT and ORY what other mods should I do before getting a tune?? will there be any issues if I run the LTs and the ORY without a tune?? and lastly, ceramic coated LTs or not?? whatz the difference and does it really keep the engine bay cooler??

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    Ok...so i got a 2000 Z28...ive done a TB bypass, slp lid, magnaflow catback, adjustable shocks and struts, and lowering springs and double adjustable PHB...i was thinking of getting Pacesetter LTs with a ORY and get a tune as well but I dont't want to end up doing another tune once I finish w/ the rest of my bolt ons...so I need some help. After the LT and ORY what other mods should I do before getting a tune?? will there be any issues if I run the LTs and the ORY without a tune?? and lastly, ceramic coated LTs or not?? whatz the difference and does it really keep the engine bay cooler??
    As far as bolt-ons you could def do a ls6 intake. If you have the money you could also do a h/c swap. The car will run fine after headers and ory, but you will not be getting the full potential out of the headers without a tune. When ceramic thermal barrier coatings are applied to exhaust manifolds or headers, they provide two advantages. They protect the headers from rust and corrosion and also reduce heat loss, which translates into high power output. If the headers are internally coated, they will create a higher velocity of the hot exhaust gases and less turbulence due to a smoother surface.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

do the Pacesetter LTs come coated on the inside as well??

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

LS6 Intake for sure! LTH's and ORY a plus, but you live in California. You will have trouble passing a visual inspection unless you know someone, the tune will help you get through the emissions tests.

If you get a tune, make sure you get a 160 thermostat too so that when they tune it, they can adjust the fan off/on temps.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

ok i'll add the 160 Tstat to my list...the emissions test won't be a problem...I know someone out here that will help me out...which intake is better, the LS6 from slp or the one offered by FAST?? thanks

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

ok i'll add the 160 Tstat to my list...the emissions test won't be a problem...I know someone out here that will help me out...which intake is better, the LS6 from slp or the one offered by FAST?? thanks
    For your application, the LS6 from SLP is best. If you plan to do a head/cam down the road, I would go w/ the FAST.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

I do eventually want to do a heads and cam swap so I guess i better start saving up for the FAST intake

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

I know this isn't quite a bolt on, but have you considered a cam? I did mine myself and it wasn't to bad. Good mod to do if you can't afford heads and a cam at the same time.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

a cam is in my plans but i want to free up my exhaust first before i go ahead and get it...what would u recommned as far as getting a cam? I have no idea which one to get w/ all of the options out there...keep in mind that my car is a DD and only sees the track every couple of months

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

a cam is in my plans but i want to free up my exhaust first before i go ahead and get it...what would u recommned as far as getting a cam? I have no idea which one to get w/ all of the options out there...keep in mind that my car is a DD and only sees the track every couple of months
    My car is the same way, daily driver but with some track use. I got my cam from thunder racing. It's a 224/224 with a 112 LSA. Go to their website and check out their cams, they give a good description of their cams and their street manners. I wouldn't go over a 230/230 if I was you. Some guys around run monster cams on the street, but I think we are along the same lines on what to run on the street. I also did my exhaust first before a cam.
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

Silverstone Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1LE4ME View Post
    My car is the same way, daily driver but with some track use. I got my cam from thunder racing. It's a 224/224 with a 112 LSA. Go to their website and check out their cams, they give a good description of their cams and their street manners. I wouldn't go over a 230/230 if I was you. Some guys around run monster cams on the street, but I think we are along the same lines on what to run on the street. I also did my exhaust first before a cam.
    Can you hear the cam at all and how did the fuel mileage suffer?

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Neenjah View Post
    Can you hear the cam at all and how did the fuel mileage suffer?
    You can hear the lope, but It's not as noticeable as some of the bigger cams. It vibrates the car at stop lights too. I get some looks from people who know whats up. The fuel mileage suffered mostly because once you get a cam in, you love to feel power and drive it faster. I would only guess a couple MPG loss (if that much) if I g-ma drive it. If you're lookin into a cam, search the forums. The 224/224 is a great cam, it has good street manners.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

cool...i will look at the site as well as the forums here and see what other people say about the cam ur running

Silverstone Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 1LE4ME View Post
    You can hear the lope, but It's not as noticeable as some of the bigger cams. It vibrates the car at stop lights too. I get some looks from people who know whats up. The fuel mileage suffered mostly because once you get a cam in, you love to feel power and drive it faster. I would only guess a couple MPG loss (if that much) if I g-ma drive it. If you're lookin into a cam, search the forums. The 224/224 is a great cam, it has good street manners.
    what kind of gains did you experience?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Neenjah View Post
    what kind of gains did you experience?
    im not sure of his gains, but with my current Comp cam 224 .581 @112lsa setup, im putting down the numbers in my sig...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im not sure of his gains, but with my current Comp cam 224 .581 @112lsa setup, im putting down the numbers in my sig...
    Other than the cam, what other mods do u have??

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

do the Pacesetter LTs come coated on the inside as well??
    Directly form pacesetter "hello , they are done out side and line of sight inside." Im not exactly sure what that means, so maybe you can decipher for yourself. As far as there coatings go though, they seem to flake and rust within a year or two.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Other than the cam, what other mods do u have??
    SLP Lid, SLP Bellow, FAST 90/90 (ported), Comp Cams 224, Patriot Stage II Heads (2.02"int/1.57"ext, 59cc chambers), LT'sORY, SLP LM, HP Tune...

Silverstone Metallic

gorgeous car!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

What can you expect from cams, I mean how much of a difference does it do?

Thread Information