Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

NBM w/ black wheels???

My car is NBM. i still have the stock wheels. i was thinking of putting black wheels on it. Anybody have any pictures?

i was even considering doing black 35th stripes or maybe black hood scoop and berger panel instead. And also blacking out all the lights.

i know most of you guys say black and nbm dont go well. But to tell you the truth i would rather have a black car (and a m6). But it looks like im stuck w/ it

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    My car is NBM. i still have the stock wheels. i was thinking of putting black wheels on it. Anybody have any pictures?

i was even considering doing black 35th stripes or maybe black hood scoop and berger panel instead. And also blacking out all the lights.

i know most of you guys say black and nbm dont go well. But to tell you the truth i would rather have a black car (and a m6). But it looks like im stuck w/ it
    my car is NBM also. Personally i think black wheels would look bad on "our" cars I would go chrome.

As far as blacking out the lights I plan on doing it I have seen pics and they look good

Berger panel wouldn't be worth it in my eyese hardly noticable and im not a personal fan of strips

thats my opinion hope it helps

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Just my $.02, but black wheels and the Berger panel on a NBM SS look muted to me. I think they look pretty sharp on other colors (where black represents much more of a contrast), however the black on navy blue never really worked for me.

Personally, I went high contrast on mine -- tinted the windows pretty dark and stuck with the chrome 10 spoke wheels and added a billet grille.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Just my $.02, but black wheels and the Berger panel on a NBM SS look muted to me. I think they look pretty sharp on other colors (where black represents much more of a contrast), however the black on navy blue never really worked for me.

Personally, I went high contrast on mine -- tinted the windows pretty dark and stuck with the chrome 10 spoke wheels and added a billet grille.
    I agree..black wheels look awesome if they are paired with the right body color. I've seen too many cars lose visual respect because the color of the body swallows the attention to the wheels. Your rims are an important part of the car...just think it over before making a final decision.
    - Also, what i did is take a picture of your car and put it in photoshop and crop in the wheels that you want and then color them to see what looks best..

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

say no to black wheels . . . go chrome or aluminum

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS

I agree with the above members, in my opinion chrome rims would compliment the NBM best.
    1998 SS-Navy Blue metalic, 6-spd,Stainless OBX-R long tubes, t-tops, leather, 17" chrome ZR1's, magnaflow catback, slp airlid, mail order tune.......

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

i wish i could afford new rims! i would go with some CCW's in a heartbeat. Thats why i was hoping i could go black on my stockers and it would look good. Just afraid it wouldnt

Anybody have a picture of a berger panel painted on a nbm?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

My .02 is going with chrome wheels on a NBM. I have chrome C6 z06's and they look killer. Not too many black wheels look good on them IMO. Good luck though I know its the new "In" thing to do now.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    My .02 is going with chrome wheels on a NBM. I have chrome C6 z06's and they look killer. Not too many black wheels look good on them IMO. Good luck though I know its the new "In" thing to do now.
    Jay,
    love the strips

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

you could always throw some grey stripes on. i love my stripes on my nbm!
    and im in the same boat as you, i want some new rims, the stock ones are ugly in my opinion.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

that car makes me jealous I have a bad paint job on mine with the non chrome snowflakes. and NO STRIPS

love your car.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    that car makes me jealous I have a bad paint job on mine with the non chrome snowflakes. and NO STRIPS

love your car.
    that sucks man. my paints not the best either, i have a few chips n swirls here and there as well. i put the stripes on a few months ago and like i mentioned before, i like em!! i also have a 99 nbm 3.8, that those(chrome 10 spoke)rims came on. the z had the chrome 5 spoke, i swapped them out as soon as i got it. but now, im thinking about swapping them agian. putting the chrome 5 spoke on the z and the chrome 10 spoke on my 6er.

thanks for he compliment!!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I was opting to go with the black wheel with the chrome ridge around it. Go to tirerack.com and build your car and look at the wheels on it, they dont look bad at all. But I would agree with Midnight, too much black is kind of bland on the NBM. It all boils down to personal preference since YOU are the one who has to look at it every day.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    that sucks man. my paints not the best either, i have a few chips n swirls here and there as well. i put the stripes on a few months ago and like i mentioned before, i like em!! i also have a 99 nbm 3.8, that those(chrome 10 spoke)rims came on. the z had the chrome 5 spoke, i swapped them out as soon as i got it. but now, im thinking about swapping them agian. putting the chrome 5 spoke on the z and the chrome 10 spoke on my 6er.

thanks for he compliment!!
    The prevoius owner of my car was in a front end fender bender and had a shitty touch up job done so the whole front bumper is peeling clear. The back bumper is just scratched up from when I got it too. I am in the process of getting it fixed but like everyone else money is tight.

Did you do the stripes yourself? if not where and how much?

I like the chrome 10 spokes but that's just me they are different

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    The prevoius owner of my car was in a front end fender bender and had a shitty touch up job done so the whole front bumper is peeling clear. The back bumper is just scratched up from when I got it too. I am in the process of getting it fixed but like everyone else money is tight.

Did you do the stripes yourself? if not where and how much?

I like the chrome 10 spokes but that's just me they are different
    Bummer, sorry to hear man. Yes, me and my dad put the stripes on. He has a machine that cuts the vinyl to the appropriate length and width.

My rims look to "plain" and "boring" to me. But to each his own.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

hmm. im thinking about going for it. i love black... so i might like it. and no its not because of some trend....

berger panel, scoop and wheels black, as well as the lights w/ nightshade.

if i do it, ill post pics.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    hmm. im thinking about going for it. i love black... so i might like it. and no its not because of some trend....

berger panel, scoop and wheels black, as well as the lights w/ nightshade.

if i do it, ill post pics.
    I think it would look good. I thought(for about 2 minutes) of powdercoating my rims black. But then I was like, that would be ghetto to powdercoat the stock ugly ass 10 spoke rims black. Would rather buy some 17 or 18s that are already black, with maybe a chrome lip.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    I think it would look good. I thought(for about 2 minutes) of powdercoating my rims black. But then I was like, that would be ghetto to powdercoat the stock ugly ass 10 spoke rims black. Would rather buy some 17 or 18s that are already black, with maybe a chrome lip.
    imo black wheels pretty much look the same from 14" to 24" lol ya can see the damn wheels anyway!!!!

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    imo black wheels pretty much look the same from 14" to 24" lol ya can see the damn wheels anyway!!!!
    Yea, I geuss your right.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    lol true.

i wish i had the $$ to buy some really nice rims love the ccw sp500's. however, i do not. so i shall save for some wider zr1s for the rear and paint them myself.

Thread Information