Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BLACK
    2002 SS

My 02SS against a 03 Convertible COBRA

What do I stand against a 03COBRA if he starts in second gear from a dead stop?Do you guys think I have a chance? Any feedback will appreciated.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

What mods does the cobra have? What mods do you have? Doesn't take much to get those 03+ cobras haulin ass....pulley, CAI, exhaust and a tune gets 460rwhp easy.

Why would he want to start in second gear? If you're both stock and he starts in second...if you can hook a good launch then you should be able to keep him off for a 1/4...but he'll be catching up.

BLACK
    2002 SS

me and the cobra are stock. It's my Boss's Cobra and he thinks he could beat me if he starts in second gear.

05 Wrangler

Hmmm....cocky basturd huh....run him but throw a lid and the FRA mod first....along with the other free mods if you have time.http://installuniversity.com/install...sity/index.htm Both of those will help you keep the cobra at bay....doubt he knows what a stock air assembly looks like anyway...just tell him the lid is stock Be careful though....as cocky as he's being he might be slightly modded....i.e pulley, tune.

1999 Chevy Camaro

I think if both are stock, then it could be fifty fifty. But I would lean towards the stang a little.

Best case cenerio, is that you'll beat him on the start. But he will beat you in the long run. Our cars are fast, but at stock they aren't the best. Had you been racing a reg. stang... I'd say you had his ass no contest. But my exp. with Cobras and Corvetts is that you'll have them at start, but they will eventualy catch up and pass.

Now with mods.... heh heh, I've seen some Camaros that can outperform Fords GT90s easily. ...And maybe Lambos too . Either it was here or on LS2.com someone posted videos of them racing everything that could be raced, even a crotch rocket. And seriously put them to shame!! I think it was white with t-tops. Man that was awesome and fast as fuck!!!

Rob

BLACK
    2002 SS

Cool I just printed out the FRA. Hopefully I'll have time Saturday and do it and run him monday after work and hopefully beat him.

black
    1999 Trans Am

post results

lee1rbc
    Are you an M6 or A4 car?

lee1rbc
    Lets say you are both truly stock.

That means he is putting down around 365rwhp and you are putting down 305rwhp.(I know some of you are saying "I've seen more horspower stock!")
    Yes there are people claiming more horspower stock, but nobody claims less horspower modded.

Now looking at those numbers you would say that the Camaro is going to get a spanking! But this is not a dyno contest! This a drag race between two cars!

The Cobra vert weighs 300pnds more then your coupe (that is like driving around with Warren Sapp in your car!) And if you dont think weight matters explain then how a bike with a .6ltr can run 11s. That weight difference = aprx 25hp in favor of the Camaro.

The Cobra vert has a drag coefficiencey of .38 and a 23sqft frontal area.
    The Camaro has a drag coef. of .34 and a 21.6sqft frontal area.
    Basically what this means is at 100mph it takes aprx. 10hp more to move the Mustang.

Now in adding all those numbers together.
    Mustang Cobra 356hp
    Camaro SS 330hp

Also the Camaro has ram air that will not show on a dyno.
    There are still other factors (gearing,traction, and driver.)

but If it was me I would put a witness in each car go to the track and put $500 down for best out of three.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

ya, let us know the results

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

If he starts in second, then you will destroy him. That car has nuts, but not that big of nuts. Plus the Cobra might put down better numbers on average but I am really not impressed with them. I raced a 04 with CAI and exaust with 2 people in the car (driver included) with my car with 3 people in my car (driver included) and took him by a fender length from 0 to 100 mph. I know I am more modded then you, but do all the free mods you can. Don't forget the Throttle body bypass, every little bit helps.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

ls1BrownBoots

i'll take your bet

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    Lets say you are both truly stock.

That means he is putting down around 365rwhp and you are putting down 305rwhp.(I know some of you are saying "I've seen more horspower stock!")
    Yes there are people claiming more horspower stock, but nobody claims less horspower modded.

Now looking at those numbers you would say that the Camaro is going to get a spanking! But this is not a dyno contest! This a drag race between two cars!

The Cobra vert weighs 300pnds more then your coupe (that is like driving around with Warren Sapp in your car!) And if you dont think weight matters explain then how a bike with a .6ltr can run 11s. That weight difference = aprx 25hp in favor of the Camaro.

The Cobra vert has a drag coefficiencey of .38 and a 23sqft frontal area.
    The Camaro has a drag coef. of .34 and a 21.6sqft frontal area.
    Basically what this means is at 100mph it takes aprx. 10hp more to move the Mustang.

Now in adding all those numbers together.
    Mustang Cobra 356hp
    Camaro SS 330hp

Also the Camaro has ram air that will not show on a dyno.
    There are still other factors (gearing,traction, and driver.)

but If it was me I would put a witness in each car go to the track and put $500 down for best out of three.
    i'll take you up on that offer. my 03 cobra against what ever you can bring at new england dragway.

by the way, the cobra is lighter. at least give the guy correct info before you have him lose his money.

to all other readers, i have some ls1 parts for sale that came off my old trans am i traded in for my 03 terminator cobra. hit me up for a list. i have a car cover going cheap cheap also.

oh by the way, if you want to see what a stock 03 cobra does to a hooked up camaro ss w/ a 383 stroker, watch this video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....92D8F&term=383 camaro&p=0

if you listen you can hear the guy in the cobra miss a gear, then watch what happens when he hits it.
    it's titled "Man my 383 Camaro is so fast...Then came the 03 cobra "
    Last edited by ls1BrownBoots; 01-17-2006 at 07:27 PM.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by ls1BrownBoots
    by the way, the cobra is lighter. at least give the guy correct info before you have him lose his money.

oh by the way, if you want to see what a stock 03 cobra does to a hooked up camaro ss w/ a 383 stroker, watch this video.

Might wanna learn more about your own car actually...cobra vert weighs 3780 lbs...coupe 3665lbs look it up. Show me a 4th gen that weighs 3780 lbs...since we are talking about a 03 vert

As for the video...I notice it says the mods for the f-bod...what about the cobra? What year f-bod was that anyway?

2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    Price: $34,750-$38,990
    Engine: Supercharged 4.6-liter DOHC V-8, 390 hp/390 lb-ft
    Transmission: Six-speed manual, rear-wheel drive
    Wheelbase: 101.3 in
    Length x width x height: 183.5 x 73.1 x 52.2 (coupe)/52.9 (conv.) in
    Weight: 3665 lb (coupe); 3780 lb (convertible)
    Safety equipment: Front driver and passenger airbags; anti-lock brakes; Standard equipment: leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel; power windows; mirrors; locks and trunk release; Securilock ™ anti-theft system; remote keyless entry; cruise control; MACH 460 AM/FM/six-disc CD audio system; air conditioning
    Warranty: Three years/36,000 miles

silver metallic
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

[QUOTE=SeVeReDiStOrTiOn]Might wanna learn more about your own car actually...cobra vert weighs 3780 lbs...coupe 3665lbs look it up. Show me a 4th gen that weighs 3780 lbs...since we are talking about a 03 vert

As for the video...I notice it says the mods for the f-bod...what about the cobra? What year f-bod was that anyway?

werd. I weighed my 4th gen T-top T/A it was 3660 with me and a half tank of gas.
    weighed my buddies 98 cobra vert it was like 3840

im calling BS on that video. that cobra had mods and gears, i could tell by just listening. I'll give it to ya, 03 cobras stock are pretty quick--but not I'll smoke your 383 quick.. plus what year, make and model fbody was that? that would help.

SShArK>
    i'll take you up on that offer. my 03 cobra against what ever you can bring at new england dragway.

to all other readers, i have some ls1 parts for sale that came off my old trans am i traded in for my 03 terminator cobra. hit me up for a list. i have a car cover going cheap cheap also.

if you listen you can hear the guy in the cobra miss a gear, then watch what happens when he hits it.
    PSHHHH Give my car a supercharger with stock pulleys and a stock tune and then lets put it up against a cobra with a tune and pulleys... I got 50 bucks on me.

NBM/Torch Red
    01 SS Blown/03 Cobra

i truely doubt thats a 383 and if it is something is very wrong with it. In any case, I've got a 346 for that ass if you're down for a road trip.

03 Terminator

so did yall race? who won? im dying to know...

SShArK>
    Quote Originally Posted by onefastss223
    i truely doubt thats a 383 and if it is something is very wrong with it. In any case, I've got a 346 for that ass if you're down for a road trip.

thats what i was thinking also. My buddies 383 seems to be way quicker. But then again who knows... Some rustang owner prob posted that vid and the camera probably was inside of a stock 3.8 ha. (no offense to the 3.8)

lee1rbc
    By looking at the background and vid work this might be the same Cobra?
    http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....term=Cobra&p=1

lee1rbc
    Also I think that was an LT1 not an LS1 listen to the difference in the motor.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....term=Cobra&p=5

Thread Information