Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

May have found my SS...

Im looking for advice here. I have been searching for an ss for a very long time and I found one that might be right. Its a 99 ss- 68k miles m6 black t-tops leather and completly stock except for a 10 disc cd changer for 11,995. I have a 2003 dodge ram 2500 v10 quad cab long bed with 77k miles that iv been trying to sell for 16,000 with no luck at all. The dealer said that he could do an even trade.... I will be using the car as my dd and am going to try and get into going to the track atleast every other weekend. The only thing im weary about is the miles since i will be taking it to the track and modding. I love that the car is completly stock becuase it is an empty canvas for me to do what i want... What do you guys think? is the price right?

Pewter
    01 Camaro SS

I think if thats what you want go for it. And as for the mileage many people say that around 80K is just breaking in the engine. And i think you would be fine since the car was stock and never modded.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I didn't start modding my car until it had over 110,000 miles. The only things I have had to do is the tranny and rear end (both my fault).

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Thanks guys..i was also thinking that since its alls tock i shouldnt have much to worry about.. im going friday to look at and test drive... Anything i should look for in particular??

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

I got my 99 ss with 108k miles, a4, at the time of its final day, when it was totaled it had 155k miles on it, original engine trans and diff, this was my dd as well as my weekend drag car, countless people told me its sucks cause the miles and blah blah blah, when it pulled a 13.1 with just lid and catback

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I would continue to try to sell the truck on your own-maybe come down a grand on the price and keep looking for ss's-from individuals not dealers. 12 grand is high for a 99 ss w/70,000 miles IMO. Keep looking. The car is realistically worth maybe 10 grand-that means the dealer is beating you for 6 grand! Screw that. Even if your truck sold for 15 grand thats still 5 grand. I understand you want the car but you are way better off buying a car from an individual. Be patient-you will be alot happier in the end.

12k is too much and you are getting ripped on the truck. It's winter time he's not going to sell that car for 12k. 10k is the max on that car. Just lower the price of the truck and look for a better deal. I paid 13k for a 37k mi 99 ss m6 vert from the original owner stock and mint. That was in late April of 07. As the other poster said you just have to be patient.

MahiDude
    When you want something really bad you often end up paying more for it than need be.

I know first hand.

Black
    99 Z28 VERT A4 DD

The dealer is never ever going to give you a fair price for your trade-in...never. Thats how they make money. Think about it this way, if you tried to trade in that very Camaro for your truck, the dealer would probably want you cough up an extra 7 to 10 grand. Not exactly an even trade.

The only way I'd do business with a dealership is if I were paying cash. And I'd never finance a vehicle under $10K. If you can sell your truck and pay cash for your Camaro, you'll be THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ahead.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^

MahiDude
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustman View Post
    The dealer is never ever going to give you a fair price for your trade-in...never. Thats how they make money. Think about it this way, if you tried to trade in that very Camaro for your truck, the dealer would probably want you cough up an extra 7 to 10 grand. Not exactly an even trade.

The only way I'd do business with a dealership is if I were paying cash. And I'd never finance a vehicle under $10K. If you can sell your truck and pay cash for your Camaro, you'll be THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ahead.
    Sound advice !!!

Thread Information