2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

May get another camaro....opinions

Ok so i wrecked my 95 3.8 in july. It wasnt messed up that bad, i just need to put in a new K-member and oil pan, and replace the front two rims. The bags blew, which i have replacements for, i was gonna leave the dash and windshield cracked for the time being. I graduate in may, I just need something that rolls

Well currently I'm borrowing a buick from my grandad, we got it for $800, its the definition of beater. He said I can borrow it until i graduate but then I have to give it back.

A whole string of events are coming together in may, I gradute, my mom graduates, my step mom graduates, and my sister turns 16. So there's gonna be a big vehicle swap. my mom offered me her 02 durango, but if not, shes gonna trade it in on something new, no big deal. Well my dad wants to give my sister, my step moms 00 camaro 3.8 M5, and buy her something new, but my grandad wants to give my sis his 00 chevy 1500.

Ok so my sis wants the truck, but is too scared to tell my dad that. Trust me, she has good reason. Well neither one knows the other got her a vehicle. So were planning on telling my dad that the truck is intended for me as a graduation present, and that kayla wants it. and see if hed be willing to give me/ sell me the camaro, so kayla can have truck. Then him and my grandad will never know theres an issue, and ill be back in a camaro.

Since I'll be graduating, ill be getting a nicer car, but it will prob be a year, while i get settled with the new job, etc. but its a 00 or an 01, but its a stripped car, it has A/c, and thats about it, manual everything, I'm not sure if its a t-top of not. But I could drive it for a year, learn the stick, then get something nicer, or, have it as a DD when i buy a Z, T/A, GTO, whatever i decide to get.

sweet

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Are you paying for insurance on your own? That's something to consider, because although the 3.8s don't do too bad on the MPG side of things, the insurance is still pretty costly compared to other practical cars of the same HP/MPG. Not trying to go "honduh" on you, but hey, ya gotta look at the flipside. In any event, an f-body is an f-body

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Go for the Camaro

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I didnt even think about insurance....i dont pay my own, mine, my moms, and our house is one plan....once we graduate, i dunno how thatll chagne...good point....mines currently about $85 a month....its $14 on the buick

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

oh and for cliff notes, i basically have 3 options when i gradaute, 02 Durango, 00 chevy, 00 camaro, which should i pick

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

A sweet used C5 Corvette!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

huh?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Drive whatever you get for a year, THEN get the used C5. I should have typed it all out the first time.
    My insurance went up $36.00 a month when I went from a 2001 Camaro to the Z06, just for the record.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

In all honesty, I'd go for an LS1 powered f-body if you're going to pay thousands for one anyways. I thought I read somewhere on the GM site years back that the 4L60E/LS1 was supposed to get 27mpg, and almost 30 with the T56? All I know is mine gets a hair over 20 with a 40/60 mix of highway/city driving and that's with O2 sims not workin' and engine running rich. Soooo... who's to tell what the car would get with a good tune?

If I had those 3 choices, hands down, I wouldn't even think twice, I'd be opting for the Silverado! So long as its a 4WD, extended cab, I'd be happier than heck with it! I'd prefer a shortbed, but a longbed would do. Think about it, you can use it year round, insurance can't be THAT bad on it (I wouldn't think), yeah it's a gas-guzzler but they're dependable as heck! That and if you ever decide to get a boat or something thereabout later on down the road, you've gotta truck to tow it with! Just some things to think about.

I'd say go for the Silverado also. You can always get a job when you graduate and are in college......you have the rest of your life to get another Camaro. Not to mention, as you get older, your insurance will get lower.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well I've never been a truck guy, and its pushing 200k.

And once I buy a car, itll be LS powered, but with these 3 i dunno if ill have to pay or not....whatever my sister gets will be given to her, so i dunno about me, but even if i do have to pay, it wont be much, 4 or 5k tops

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I'd probably go with the 1500 just because I dont care for camaro's without v8s...is it a single cab?

Red
    2001 ws6

if i read it correctly the camaro is a 6 banger right? so as for the $36 more per month from a camaro to a z06 im sure its going to be alot more going from a v6 camaro compared to a v8 camaro. None of them get great gas mileage, id probably opt for the other and get something fuel efficient. If thats not your main concern id go with the durango.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

The truck is an extended cab....The durango is a gas guzzler, my mom gets about 14 out of it, i get about 17 when i drive it.

But whatever i get, im planning on it being a DD, and get a nice LS, maybe a low mileage T/A or a GTO

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Well you can prolly guess what I'd go with.. I hate trucks and S-U-sucks far as I'm concerned they are piss poor handling POS dinosaurs..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information