PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Ls9 In A Mustang Gt ?

It could happen if GM gets its way .
    General Motors has approached its rival FORD Motor Company wanting to team up with them to develop new engine & drivetrains in order to save money & time before the japs & Koreans surpass them in the global market place. GM wants to share technoliges with Ford so we could see in the near future LS7 & LS9 engines & transmissions going into certain Ford brands like the Mustang GT or even the Cobra's. Carroll Shelby will love this .

black
    99 formula firebird

BLASPHEMY!!!! and it sounds like bull puckey too

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no, fuckin hell no, fuckin hell no!

rapter34
    so wait GM would give them LSX engines and we would get mod 4.6's? seems like we are getting the short end of the stick. P.S. never going to happen.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

YES!!! Put our engines in a heavier, uglier car. That's exactly what we need to do to solve the crisis

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Go to "AUTOBLOG.COM" and scroll down for full story !
    Read it & weep !

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Read it & weep !
    I highly doubt that GM would share it's LSx technology with Ford.....probably sharing fuel economy techniques, like with GM trucks getting over 20mpg while Fords suffer under 18, and vice versa with GM cars vs. Ford cars. It seems that they would be working together to patch what hurts them the most...not the performance side of things. Plus, we could always come up with an advantage on the deal, like we did on the 6-speed auto tranny.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

That will be a sad day for both companies

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Fuck that I will by MOPAR lol beside i think it would be a day in hell befor that happened besides GM and Ford will never close their doors the Feds wont let that happen to many demands for fed cars and trucks not to speak of the millitary and they will not let that manufacturing plants to fall off the face of the earth

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I read about this on Fquick, to me it sounded like it was more of GM and Ford looking in to creating tech togeather to save $$$ on reseach and developement, not giving each other patents.

Neither Ford or GM has specified exactly what is going on yet.

1999 Z28

Its funny how quickly things get blown out of proportion. All they are doing is looking to split the R & D on FUTURE projects. There won't be any sharing of already developed technology. I don't see them swapping v-8 plans either since that is more or less what defines them nowadays. What would be wrong with GM and Ford making an awesome fuel efficient 4 cylinder to beat up on the imports. Just because everyone here thinks v-8's doesn't mean anyone else is.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    I read about this on Fquick, to me it sounded like it was more of GM and Ford looking in to creating tech togeather to save $$$ on reseach and developement, not giving each other patents.

Neither Ford or GM has specified exactly what is going on yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by silplu83 View Post
    Its funny how quickly things get blown out of proportion. All they are doing is looking to split the R & D on FUTURE projects. There won't be any sharing of already developed technology. I don't see them swapping v-8 plans either since that is more or less what defines them nowadays. What would be wrong with GM and Ford making an awesome fuel efficient 4 cylinder to beat up on the imports. Just because everyone here thinks v-8's doesn't mean anyone else is.
    Exactly the point I was trying to make. There's no way that they would share what defines each of them the most. I would love to see them R & D together for fuel efficiency, and then compete for who can implement the technology best. Makes for some great cars when you have competition.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Quote Originally Posted by silplu83 View Post

I agree, it’s not as bad as it seems. Look at this way. If the US car makers don’t start making some changes we wont see any kick ass hotrods at all. I'm a Chevy guy through and though but you have to look at the whole picture. Ford isn't the enemy, their rivals. I would choose domestic over import if it comes to that. Sure it sucks but its better then nothing and I'm sure ford guys feel the same. It’s lesser of two evils.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Lets see now , I'll take an LS7 with a close ratio 6-speed manual or automatic GM product with a Ford body & interior and a Ford 9" rear end assy. The best of both worlds . With GM's 100,000 mile warranty & make mine a 3300 lbs. 4-seater red convertible , thank you !

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Lets see now , I'll take an LS7 with a close ratio 6-speed manual or automatic GM product with a Ford body & interior and a Ford 9" rear end assy. The best of both worlds . With GM's 100,000 mile warranty & make mine a 3300 lbs. 4-seater red convertible , thank you !
    Then you would be driving a Chevord.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

And why not? Folks put LS1 and 2 engines in Rustangs all the time. We need a "factory" option for us lazy folks.....

1999 Z28

And here it is Hybrid technology:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25749C00093FB0

If you squint at it real hard and use your invisacamera it says at the end that the next corvette will have a powerstroke in it.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Read it & weep !
    I could not find it. How about a link?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Talk about stupid...First off, why the fuck would they put the LS9 in a Mustang? Thats stupidity at its best. At the LEAST it would go in the Ford GT, considering that engine alone cost more than a new Mustang. Think about it, GM is putting it in a car thats gonna cost 100k+ and Ford gets that engine to put in a 25k rolling piece of shit? Don't think so. Besides, the only thing that they were thinking of combining forces on was further R&D of the Volt, at least according to another thread I read, which has MUCH more believability than this BS. I think it would be a disgrace to see a LSx in any blue oval piece of shit. I cringe every time I see a LSx Fox body...At least its somewhat of an improvement...

Thread Information