97lt1ss

ls7ls7 drool drool drool

well, once again i was reading the new hot rod magazine and once again the ls7 was in there, at the end- gm said all we can say is it produced well over 500 horsepower, i know u all know it has titanium rods which isquite handy to lighten that rotating assembly, can u imagine with bolt ons what this will do- or wait til the lingenfelter version is made.hhhhmmmm well just shoot some feedback at me tell me what u think.who knows ford might have to make somethin as big 5.8 liters again -or will ford downgrade again and go to 4.2 litres with a trpiple overhead cam.

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

I hate to quote magazine numbers, but the latest Motor Trend has an article with the Z06 in it. They got 0-60 in 3.5sec and the 1/4 mile in 11.5 @ 127.1. These aren't estimates, these are actual numbers!!! God I wish I had the money for one.

97lt1ss
    i have the money for one-i just have to tell the bank it is a house and get a 30 year loan for it!!!!!!!!!and well live in it.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

14 grand, but i think its worth it.

IROC-ZTT
    14 grand, huh? Hmm.. My '85 needs a new engine. I wonder how much attention an LS7 with a twin-turbo setup would gather?

97lt1ss
    well- just the ls7 alone would probably bring a lot of attention, let alone a twin turbo setup!! i couldnt imagine th hp ratings on a tt ls7- can u say factory production funny car.....

IROC-ZTT
    I'm shooting for 1000+ rwhp with mine... Don't anyone tell me its not possible!

97lt1ss
    i have a friend who is also buildind a third gen turbo car- he is starting out with an lt1 block- i think thats goin to be the only thing lt1 about it though.al i know is that his turbo is ginormous and it weighs 52 pounds. he has checked into it and with his setup they are easily putting anywhere from 1000 to 1300 rwhp!!! so u shouldnt have a problem!

IROC-ZTT
    Sweet! Big boost of morale, there!

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I've been to Sudbury before, one of my best friends lives there. You guys have short driving seasons!

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 97lt1ss
    well, once again i was reading the new hot rod magazine and once again the ls7 was in there, at the end- gm said all we can say is it produced well over 500 horsepower, i know u all know it has titanium rods which isquite handy to lighten that rotating assembly, can u imagine with bolt ons what this will do- or wait til the lingenfelter version is made.hhhhmmmm well just shoot some feedback at me tell me what u think.who knows ford might have to make somethin as big 5.8 liters again -or will ford downgrade again and go to 4.2 litres with a trpiple overhead cam.
    an upgraded version is already in the works. its called the Blue Devil. its basically a Z06 Corvette with the LS7 and a overhead blower strapped to it. it makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 650-750 hp at the crank. no actual numbers yet. do a search on google or yahoo for more information on it. seriously no B.S.

Thread Information