Thread: ls6??

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

ls6??

got a nother question for you guys so im thinking off getting a 2001 trans am ws6 is goin to be my garage queen since my daily driver is a 02 camaro z28..the t/a has 90,000 miles is a m6 for only 9,000 and i was thinking into making the ls1 into a ls6 and a full bmr suspension.. to be able to make the ls1 into a ls6 using the same block what stuff do you need change i know you need the ls6 intake the heads and the cam but is that everything???

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    got a nother question for you guys so im thinking off getting a 2001 trans am ws6 is goin to be my garage queen since my daily driver is a 02 camaro z28..the t/a has 90,000 miles is a m6 for only 9,000 and i was thinking into making the ls1 into a ls6 and a full bmr suspension.. to be able to make the ls1 into a ls6 using the same block what stuff do you need change i know you need the ls6 intake the heads and the cam but is that everything???
    im slightly confused by your question..if the 01 has a ls6 block..all you need is the 243 heads with the lightweight valves and a ls6 cam, and a ls6 maf.......now why you would do this is beyond me as there are much better h/c/i combos out there as with better engine platforms out there.

also umi and strano parts all the way..dont give money to those crooks at bmr
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    im slightly confused by your question..if the 01 has a ls6 block..all you need is the 243 heads with the lightweight valves and a ls6 cam, and a ls6 maf.......now why you would do this is beyond me as there are much better h/c/i combos out there as with better engine platforms out there.

I think he is asking if it's possible to turn an LS1 block into an LS6 block. 2 different blocks.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post

Was referring to BMR as crooks really necessary? Did they wrong you somehow Shady? They have been fantastic for me and many others I know.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Was referring to BMR as crooks really necessary? Did they wrong you somehow Shady? They have been fantastic for me and many others I know.
    it has been well noted that they stole sam strano's spring design ... they have also resorted to childish games like buying umisucks and i believe umi.com....once they got called out on it..those domains were down .....they did me wrong as soon as they started to steal/intimidate other supplies/manufacters to try and get more sales...nothing but bullies and crooks...
    Last edited by shady milkman; 08-19-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: as requested

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

well i don't know bout all that. i think BMR makes a good product but thats just my opinion a lot off people think slp ain't a good brand neither but my camaro z28 is full slp and i have no complains so far i love it matter of fact but i respect people's opinion. back on the subject i was asking if you could make a ls1 into a ls6 with the ls1 block..i have herd that there ain't much off a difference you see i only want 400 hp so what i was thinking is to buy ls6 cam,heads,intake to make it into a ls6 or should i say a ls1 with ls6 parts. what other ls6 part's would i need to reach 400hp?

98' trans am

well no matter what..you wont have a ls6 as long as you have a ls1 block..there are differences in casting and bay breathing and such. to reach 400...i assume you want rwhp not crank...bolt ons , cam and head and intake will get you there and above

red
    2002 camaro ss

take that ws6 put new stock 243 heads, cam, exhaust and a $good tune, and you will be happy with the power, out run stock ls6, youll get 400 to 430 rwhp, stock 243 heads make great power right out of the box, got mine new in box off ebay from canada only 500 bucks, been awhile tho

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

thanks for the help guy's...thank good for ls1

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i saw were patriot had some LS6 heads, stage II, for $1200, not too bad i guess

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Your T/A is an `01 so it already has an LS6 intake. The blocks are different but nothing to write home about. All you really need is the heads with the light weight valves and springs and the LS6 cam. In reality you could add just an aftermarket cam/springs and some headers and be beyond LS6 power.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

In my opinion, with 90,000 miles, since you want an LS6 so bad, I'd just buy the crate motor for $3400 and drop the whole thing in.

Then you'll have a bonified LS6, block and all, and it's fresh with a warranty for many trouble free miles.

Thread Information