Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Looking for Newer Camaro

OK, so I have begun looking for a newer Camaro. I am looking for a 2000-2002 V8 car (newer the better...I'd rather have an SS but to save money, I'll probably get a Z-28). Anyway, what would a fair price be for a T-Top automatic car that would fall into this range. I'm looking for something that will be stock and lower miles (50 to 60K if possible). I'm also looking for a red car with the black top (t-top car). I'm not an expert with these cars, so I wanted some opinion of what I should expect to pay...so I don't pay to much.

I know this is a difficult question to answer, but I just need a fair price range so I know what to expect. Thanks!

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

z28 with 50k miles will go around 10-11k
    SS with 50k miles will go around 12-14k

This all of course depends on the location and the time of year... Good luck with the hunt! Took me about 9 months to find mine.. But it was worth it... The longer you wait and you're willing to travel will more than likely bring you a better deal.

Edit Note: I got my z with 43k, all options (chrome rims, t-tops, leather, 12 disc, all that good shit) and driven by an older couple as a weekend car.. Garage kept, never driven in winters, etc. etc. for $10,500.. Good deals are out there, you just got to find them.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Go with an 01 or 02 as they both have the LS6 intake and do not have EGR.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Check on Ebay too.. It all depends how much you are trying to spend.. If money is not a problem then check out that berger model on ebay.. they are askin 30K but has all sorts of goodies..

Black
    99 Z28 VERT A4 DD

Autotrader.com is also a really good resource. Thats where I got my Z. You can refine your search criteria to look for colors, option packages, and price. Its been my experience that you can find exactly the car you want for the price you want to pay. The catch is that you might have to drive quite a distance to find the actual vehicle.

As far as the price goes, you'll have to be the judge of that. I don't think the blue book does the Camaro market any justice.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

I agree finding the right deal takes patience. I searched for several months, got discouraged, but finally found the right car at the right price.

My 01 SS vert was 13800, totally stock in great shape. Patience can save you thousands. Best of luck

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I have to say that I always mention to people the same thing that 67CamaroRSSS said: Get a 01 or 02 because of the LS6 manifold. Seems like such a small detail at purchase time..UNTIL you get bit by the mod bug later on, then you'll wish you had it! Now I know there are better manifolds out there then the stock one, but if you're not going to go crazy, and if you're like most people doing simple bolt on mods, the LS6 manifold will suit you just fine, it'll save you time, and money in the long run.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    I have to say that I always mention to people the same thing that 67CamaroRSSS said: Get a 01 or 02 because of the LS6 manifold. Seems like such a small detail at purchase time..UNTIL you get bit by the mod bug later on, then you'll wish you had it! Now I know there are better manifolds out there then the stock one, but if you're not going to go crazy, and if you're like most people doing simple bolt on mods, the LS6 manifold will suit you just fine, it'll save you time, and money in the long run.
    mod bug....

stfu man, he'll hear you and bite my ass again!!
    My account hasn't recovered from the last time that shit bit me.

I did have my bud the LS6 manifold to back me up...

Thread Information