RED
    2001 CAMARO Z

just got back from the track

i have a 2001 z m6 with slp lid and flowmaster and only got to run twice first run ever at the track was 13.8 and i missed 4th gear. 2nd run was 13.9 and i was very pissed but i hope it is because i can't drive or something cuz i thought ls1 where better than that? i dont know help

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 01outlaw View Post
    i have a 2001 z m6 with slp lid and flowmaster and only got to run twice first run ever at the track was 13.8 and i missed 4th gear. 2nd run was 13.9 and i was very pissed but i hope it is because i can't drive or something cuz i thought ls1 where better than that? i dont know help
    Yea you probably need a driver mod What were your traps...60ft?
    BTW flowmaster mufflers like ass...get a straight-through muffler like magnaflow or a cut-out.

RED
    2001 CAMARO Z

2.18 was one of them

lookin for a ws6

What was the temp ?
    Just keep going to the track. There is no replacement for seat time.

Need more info,,,like what was the DA and the weight of the car? Without those 2 critical pieces of info you can't even begin to compare times to others here. From there it can be narrowed down.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 camaro Z28

your faster than that. i had a buddy that ran 13.5 in a stock 2001 z28 m6 all day. hes badass driver. im runnin 13.8 in my 2001 stock z28 m4 with slp lid

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by niceZ28 View Post
    your faster than that. i had a buddy that ran 13.5 in a stock 2001 z28 m6 all day. hes badass driver. im runnin 13.8 in my 2001 stock z28 m4 with slp lid
    Is that a typo or do you really have a M4?

RED
    2001 CAMARO Z

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Need more info,,,like what was the DA and the weight of the car? Without those 2 critical pieces of info you can't even begin to compare times to others here. From there it can be narrowed down.
    weight has to be alot because i'm 240 but what is da? it was like 93 and humid as hell here in st.louis

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 camaro Z28

that was a typo its an a4 mybad

Quote Originally Posted by 01outlaw View Post
    weight has to be alot because i'm 240 but what is da? it was like 93 and humid as hell here in st.louis
    There ya go,,,,that explains alot. 93 degrees and humid as hell. DA is Density Altitude. Taking the weather conditions, dew points, humidity, temp etc...and figuring what altitude you are running.

You may be located at 1,000 feet above sea level but your DA could be 3,500 or even higher.

It's what all racers use to dial their cars in and make changes based on DA. Without it there is no sense in comparing times with other cars here or even comparing changes you made on your own car. If the DA has changed since the last time you ran, your times will be different anyway with or without changes.

No sense to compare to others, hardly anyone here gives DA readings or weight differences in vehicles.

In general all you can safely say is that most all of the LS1 cars will run "SOMEWHERE" in the 13 second bracket. Whether it's in the low 13's or high 13's depends on things I stated above. And to get even more in depth, track conditions and driver experience skews these numbers even more.
    Hope that helps. Larry.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

yeah i sac i ran a 13.2 with just a lid and maf. but i am at sea level and it was 70 with a breeze

RED
    2001 CAMARO Z

thanks for the help larry what is the da in st. louis?

It changes at any given time with weather conditions. If you google DA you will find formulas and info needed to calculate DA. It can get rather complex and drive you nuts throughout the day with changes depending on how picky you want to get. Most of the more serious racers carry small weather stations around with them to keep track of DA between rounds, and note pads on every little change they made in similar conditions,,,but thats a little extreme for what I do. I am more of a hobby racer with older muscle cars.

I just find it something of interest that can drastically affect the performance of a car. Most people don't give it much thought and wonder why they are slower than others with vurtually the same combo.

Thread Information