January 2011 Chevy High Performance Q&A - Performance Q&A

We've Come Too Far!We've Come Too Far!
Since when have you been able to drive off the showroom floor and onto the dragstrip then knock down mid-12-second e.t.'s and 115-mph runs with a completely stock Detroit-built hot rod? With an automatic trans and the traction control on? I haven't been paying too much attention to the late-model iron, namely the Corvette. Now you might be thinking, "Kevin, you know the LS7 505hp ZO6 has been out for years?" or "Wow, how could you miss the release of the ZR1 supercharged LS9 with its outstanding 630 ponies on tap?" I'm not talking about these pure-breed race cars. I'm talking about your bread-and-butter, standard, '08-and-up Corvette with the Gen IV LS3 6.2L producing 430 SAE horsepower; this is one of the most amazing feats of engineering to date. You could put your grandmother in this car and she wouldn't know she was driving a hot rod down to the local market. Nary a chop to the idle, smooth power from the electronic-controlled throttle; this package has it all. Now stand on the throttle and boy, will it open your eyes.

Photo Gallery: January 2011 Chevy High Performance Q&A - Chevy High Performance Magazine

January 2011 Chevy High Performance Q&A - Performance Q&A | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...