Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS (SLP)

Important SLP Loudmouth Question

Ok so I have a 2000 Camaro SS and I love the sound of it but I want something louder. My car's mods are all SLP so I plan on going with the SLP loudmouth, plus I have heard sound clips of the LM and it sounds badass. A new system is gonna run me about 450 + install. I found a guy that lives nearby that has a used system for sale. I havent heard it on the car (he took it off a newer body style z28). The guy wants 250 bucks for it which would save me alot of money. I have two questions though. 1.) Would the exhaust still fit considering it came off a z28 and my car is an ss...? 2.) Are these systems bad to burnout and sound horrible once they get a little wear on them....? Thanks for your help ahead of time guys....

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by joliver2 View Post
    Ok so I have a 2000 Camaro SS and I love the sound of it but I want something louder. My car's mods are all SLP so I plan on going with the SLP loudmouth, plus I have heard sound clips of the LM and it sounds badass. A new system is gonna run me about 450 + install. I found a guy that lives nearby that has a used system for sale. I havent heard it on the car (he took it off a newer body style z28). The guy wants 250 bucks for it which would save me alot of money. I have two questions though. 1.) Would the exhaust still fit considering it came off a z28 and my car is an ss...? 2.) Are these systems bad to burnout and sound horrible once they get a little wear on them....? Thanks for your help ahead of time guys....
    1) it will fit just fine on your SS. find out if it is the modular LM cat-back or the old style (weld in). infact save yourself the money and install it yourself like i did with mine (unless it needs to be welded). floor jack and jack stands is all you need + tools. install would be easy if it is the modular system...

2) no the SLP LM will not burnout or sound bad. it's also made of stainless steel so rust is not an issue either...

*note* if you plan to run headers and an ORY in the future you may not like the LM. I have the LY/ORY and LM setup and i love it. click on the links in my sig...

if you have any other questions, post 'em up
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

There is nothing to burn out since it is just a resonator that has nothing inside of it. It has a nasty rasp around 2500-3000 rpms with headers and a no cats. But so long as you keep the cats you will be more than happy with it IMO.

SSMOKIN_SS
    It is true that the LoudMouth System will start to sound raspy over time. Do you know how long it's been on the Z28? Before you make a decision it is a must that you listen to how it sounds and make sure that the system is in good working order, becasue it will probly be sold as an "as is" item.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS (SLP)

Yeah I dont plan on ever putting headers on my car because it already performs well enough with the bolt-ons that it already has. I just want the LM for the sound. I am not sure if its modular or the older style, how do you tell? Im guessing that the older style welds together and the modular bolts on, either way though its already assembled for a vehicle so it would only have to go together at one place and put hangers on the tips. I figure though that as long as the system appears to be in good shape (No minor dings, corrosion, etc...) it should be alright to buy and is definitely worth 250 bucks...

black
    2000 camaro

I have full slp exhaust and its one of the best sounding cars in vermont

in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28
    i am cammed, lt,ory,slp lm and it sounds good idling and wide open besides that it is really really loud but i like it!!!!!!!

red
    1997 camaro ss

hey guys new memebr here, got one little question, would a ss spiler from an ls1 fit on a lt1 ss, is the hole pattern for the bolts and all that the same. hopefuly it fits cuz i love the newer ss spoiler, thanks guys

black
    1998 z28 ls1

I have Hooker shorty headers no cats Mac Y pipe SLP LM exhaust and pulling into parking lots, not even reving it will set off car alarms it's pretty sweet

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

yeah, i just got the catback cause i couldnt get headers. Anyway i started it up in the college parking lot the other day and it set of a nissan's car alarm off. Kinda funny

Junior Member 2001SSCamaro#2516's Avatar

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

As stated before, the LM will not wear out. It is a chambered system which means there is no muffler. It is a hollow pipe that is just larger than the rest of the exhaust. In my opinion, if you want it to last forever, have it welded on. You will love the sound!!! It is BadASS
    2001 SS M6 Black/Black
    All SLP Dealer options
    Loudmouth, Bilsteins and Auburn Dif.
    Hotchkis Strut Bracket
    21,000 miles new

Red
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

I've had my LM on for over four years now...still sounds bad ass! Like they mentioned before, get it welded on. In regard to the "nasty rasp", I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't experience it. Get your engine tuned and you'll love it!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by 97camaroSS View Post
    hey guys new memebr here, got one little question, would a ss spiler from an ls1 fit on a lt1 ss, is the hole pattern for the bolts and all that the same. hopefuly it fits cuz i love the newer ss spoiler, thanks guys
    yes, the spoiler will fit just fine. bolts right in the existing locations on the deck lid. i had an 98-02 SS spoiler on my old 95z28 and it fit fine. you will like it...

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I just got a used loudmouth installed on my SS and I love it. The sound is just ridiculous. The only issue that I think you would have is that it makes the interior really loud too. But I like it, its better than the music to me. Nothing like the rumble of a mean V8!

BTW, mine sets off ricer alarms all day too! lol

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    I just got a used loudmouth installed on my SS and I love it. The sound is just ridiculous. The only issue that I think you would have is that it makes the interior really loud too. But I like it, its better than the music to me. Nothing like the rumble of a mean V8!

BTW, mine sets off ricer alarms all day too! lol
    throw on some lt's and c wut itll do

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

I wish...i have JBA mid lengths due to the DAMN SMOG NAZIS in california!!!! It still sounds bitchin' though!!

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    I wish...i have JBA mid lengths due to the DAMN SMOG NAZIS in california!!!! It still sounds bitchin' though!!
    Im in CA as well, have you gotten it through smog yet w/ those headers? What else you got done to it? Do the cops hassle you? I realize a lot has to do w/ the area you live in, im in OC. I want to start dumping money into this project, but I just dont want to buy the wrong shit ya know. I had a 90 M3 a few years ago, and I got in way to much trouble w/ that thing...plus whenever I needed to smog it, it would take me like a friggen day to put it all back to stock. I dont want that anymore, i'll suffer the performance if i have to!

Thread Information