Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Lightbulb I'm getting a '00-'02 Z or SS

Hey guys I've been thinking about painting my Camaro with a tricked out color and doing rims and tires and lots of other things that add up to like $8,680 for my v6 and I was thinking. In the big picture I want my car to hold like 500hp and look awesome at the same time. I wanted to put an LS1 in and a 6spd transmission. I figured my Camaro's body wouldn't be sturdy enough to hold that because my car was salvaged before I got it. My car was basically cut in half and put together with a different car. Anyways I'm scared of putting that much power on that frame. Really, I mean I'm scared it may snap in half or something. I just don't trust it.

Also putting the tranny and engine in my car would cost me more than me just buying another car period!

Now I'm putting off my flashiness to get the power and I'll start back over. Right now I basically have about $100 bucks and I plan to make around $8000-$12,000 by next summer. I'm a waiter and a motivated individual. I bet I can do it, but I'll hate to have to sell my Sheila

I've also never really paid for anything fully by my self over $1100 so this will be a challenge for me. My dream Camaro(Doesn't matter Z-28 or SS) will have black leather seats, LS1, and 6spd. I really don't care what color the outside is because I will paint it a.s.a.p to my own personal color. Basically I have to get a real Camaro! I'm sick of the 6.

What do you guys think about my plans? Also, I'll keep you updated with how much I've saved up. I think it will help motivate me.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

LOOK I AINT TRYIN TO BE A DICK HERE, BUT YOUR CAR LOOKS TOO CLUTTERED. I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY A TOYOTA, OR A CIVIC. THEN THE HOOD AND YOUR RED WIRES WILL BLEND IN A LITTLE MORE. SORRY IT LOOS LIKE CRAP!!!!!!

Green&Teal
    1993TA 1998Z28

Lightbulb

Just buy a new car, then you're not putting money in a car that will never hold it's value.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I'm not worried about putting money into something that will not hold value. I want something I can work on and make it 1 of a kind and worth a million bucks to me. When I get my SS I'm going to debadge it and make it look like my 6(the way it looks now). That way if someone rolls up on me and think they gonna win, they're going to get stomped.(IF... they are the type who look for badges.)

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Save your money and look for a Z28. Unless you plan to keep the body stock and just do a repaint. An SS will be more expensive, and judging by your current car, you'll be changing the cosmetic stuff anyway.
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Save your money and sell that piece you have. Then get an LS1. Try to grow up a little bit while your at it. This is not F&F3. Cars are fun, Dont be a moron.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    Save your money and look for a Z28. Unless you plan to keep the body stock and just do a repaint. An SS will be more expensive, and judging by your current car, you'll be changing the cosmetic stuff anyway.
    Yea I thought about that but I like the idea of having a real '02 SS. If I got a z28 and did a ram air hood, that would pretty much turn it into a ss but I'd rather have the matching #'s and all of that stuff. I plan on saving up cash and when I am ready to spend it I'll buy the car and sell my 6 then use the money from my 6 to upgrade my ss.

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

If I got a z28 and did a ram air hood, that would pretty much turn it into a ss
    No it wouldnt turn the Z28 into an SS. It will always be a Z28. You're probably better off with a Civic Si or an RSX Type-S.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Dude, less is more

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

why would you rather have an ss and make it look like it isn't a SS? your paying a couple of extra thousand for shit your gonna take off. also..for your plans..if you want people to mis judge your car and think its slower (when people already look down on ls1s anyway) get the mufflex 4 inch single outlet exhaust. most ignorant people think that you need dual tips if you have a v8. Do youself a favor and just get a z28...specially since your changing almost everything that makes it a SS.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I don't know man. I still like the idea of having an SS a little better. If people ask me what it is I'll be able to tell them SS and not be lying about it. It just means more to me. I kinda would be a better idea to get a Z-28 but I'd still rather have the big boy. also people who see me in the car before I change all that would know what my car really is. Don't get me wrong, it may not look like an SS when I'm done with it, but it will look bad as hell fa sho! On top of that I WILL be doing some major performance upgrades so I can flex on some of these people around here who think their cars are fast.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

The SS isn't that much faster(not anything noticeable).And yeah-there are people looking for the badges-on my dark navy blue car the badges aren't that visible at night and you can see the people straining to make out what it is (very entertaining). I had a lot of fun w/my V-6 car (bought a 98 new) but longed for the Z-28 for 4 years.The Z-28 is all that-no regrets about not getting a SS-10 hp is not that hard to make . The Z-28 inspires alot of admiration on it's on-and you do get respect now-a-days,4 years ago it's like the word was just getting out about them.And I like my car w/out the bling,but when you are younger you feel the need for flash,do it how you see it.Good luck to you-hope you can pull it off.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7
    I don't know man. I still like the idea of having an SS a little better. If people ask me what it is I'll be able to tell them SS and not be lying about it. It just means more to me. I kinda would be a better idea to get a Z-28 but I'd still rather have the big boy. also people who see me in the car before I change all that would know what my car really is. Don't get me wrong, it may not look like an SS when I'm done with it, but it will look bad as hell fa sho! On top of that I WILL be doing some major performance upgrades so I can flex on some of these people around here who think their cars are fast.
    but there is basically no difference between the two..unless you have the optional exhaust. Not to mention..the big dog used to be the z28 in the old days..not the SS. If you want something special..look for a stripper low option z28..those are a hell of a lot more rare. Also, once you debage it and change the hood, people are gonna think your a ricer if you tell them that you have a SS but none of the stuff that makes it a SS..and on the flipslide..if you get someone who knows about them and sees the wu8 on your door..hes gonna think your a moron for doing that to the car.

myothercarisaambulance rigdoctormark's Avatar

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

Pewter

Dude your a dumbass u should be shot

Sunset Orange Metallic
    01 Super Sexy SS

I plan on getting an SS also, but only diff. is that I want to keep it w/ the SS package and add a ground effects and billet acessories. There's no point of getting an SS if youre going to strip the package. Its like taking michael jackson who is black,but wait he's not black
    Just get a Z!

Navy Blue Metalic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Exclamation

people who put neon lights underneath cars are discusting, camaros are muscle cars not quier ricers, just get a civic and put all that shit on there, leave the camaro alone and move on, that camaro is just crying out to me to save it from you, but whatever its your car, and dont get an ss youll ruin it and dont get a z28 either youll ruin that to, keep your car and just deal with what youve done to it.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Exclamation ricers are wack

people who put neon lights underneath cars are discusting, camaros are muscle cars not quier ricers, just get a civic and put all that shit on there, leave the camaro alone and move on, that camaro is just crying out to me to save it from you, but whatever its your car, and dont get an ss youll ruin it and dont get a z28 either youll ruin that to, keep your car and just deal with what youve done to it.

Mystic Teal
    2000 Z28

i would NEVER take away from an SS. and i would NEVER add rice to an SS...man thats degrading. when i was 17 and got my first Z28 ('93 model) all my buddies kept on and on, "take the emblems off man, trick everybody" i was like, "F you ol pal, i'm proud of what i got" i think its more intresting to roll up on a bone stock looking Z28/SS car and see that it IS a Z28/SS than to roll up on someething that looks like a bag of rice when its suppose to be muscle. dont kill the Camaro again pal, just dont do it!!!!

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Dude your a dumbass u should be shot
    lol, thats some funny sh!t. +1
    Stick with your riced out V6 dont get a V8, you dont deserve it.
    2002 SSM Z/28 - 351 RWHP & 369 RWTQ

Wheels 4 sale -> http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/261643333.html

Thread Information