Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I think I broke my ASR?

well, I swapped out my head unit with a Alpine system, and now the light on my ASR switch doesn't light up. I had my friend in the car and I stomped on the gas for a good time, and my wheels broke loose, yet the traction control wasn't turn off. It didn't kick my foot or let off the gas or anything. Yet, if I flip the switch it says "ASR OFF". what is up with this????

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Consider yourself blessed! Now just take out that bulb and go on with your life, no one likes that ASR anyway.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

bump

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Thats weird...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Consider yourself blessed! Now just take out that bulb and go on with your life, no one likes that ASR anyway.
    lmao, seriously

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

well, i would trace the asr wires, maybe when looking for keyed power you spliced into the asr wire, who knows man, your local to me, why dont you take a 20 min drive and ill take a look at it for ya with my new genysis otc scanner

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Do manuals have the same problem with the ASR causing a loss in power during wheel spin or is this strictly automatics?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    Do manuals have the same problem with the ASR causing a loss in power during wheel spin or is this strictly automatics?
    all asr reacts the same, applying brake pressure to the individual wheel that is spinning, pushing your foot back and retarding engine timing,

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Bah another 80 dollar part that shouldn't be necessary!

I need this then?

http://marylandspeed.com/slp-tcs-log...015-p-215.html
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-20-2008 at 11:54 AM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

whats wrong with just flipping your switch when your going to race?

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I don't see a switch in fact I don't see any ASR light lighting up either. It's a 2002 z28 I'm not sure if it has this or not. If it does there is no switch though so I'm guessing I'd need that product in the link I posted to reverse it. I've not noticed it yet but I have the skipshift skipper in the mail so I expect the ASR light to be the next problem. I just want to be able to launch faster than a geo metro. I really don't think that is too much to ask but I'm finding out otherwise. It's sad but true when I say this next statement, "I'd like for it to be faster than the Chrysler Sebring I traded in as well! I'm pretty sure a bicycle can beat me to 30mph at the moment." This is the equivalent of ordering HBO and finding out it has a parental lock that costs 120 dollars to view R rated movies. I'm starting to understand why the Camaro wasn't a big hit against the Mustang. You have to spend the first few weeks removing all the child saftey features.
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-20-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I don't see a switch in fact I don't see any ASR light lighting up either. It's a 2002 z28 I'm not sure if it has this or not. If it does there is no switch though so I'm guessing I'd need that product in the link I posted to reverse it. I've not noticed it yet but I have the skipshift skipper in the mail so I expect the ASR light to be the next problem.
    Mine is the same way, it came equiped without traction control... Thank God!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I don't see a switch in fact I don't see any ASR light lighting up either. It's a 2002 z28 I'm not sure if it has this or not. If it does there is no switch though so I'm guessing I'd need that product in the link I posted to reverse it. I've not noticed it yet but I have the skipshift skipper in the mail so I expect the ASR light to be the next problem. I just want to be able to launch faster than a geo metro. I really don't think that is too much to ask but I'm finding out otherwise. It's sad but true when I say this next statement, "I'd like for it to be faster than the Chrysler Sebring I traded in as well! I'm pretty sure a bicycle can beat me to 30mph at the moment." This is the equivalent of ordering HBO and finding out it has a parental lock that costs 120 dollars to view R rated movies. I'm starting to understand why the Camaro wasn't a big hit against the Mustang. You have to spend the first few weeks removing all the child saftey features.
    If you don't see a switch, it doesn't have it...

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I see the lights but I've not seen them come on. I hope you are right as I've not yet spun the tires. The second I put this skipshift bypass in that will all change. I just want to be able to chirp the tires without shifting to fourth gear. I'd not trade this Camaro for a Stang don't get me wrong, but with all this in place I can see why people might have opted for the latter. It influenced my driving the second it started to roll. They took themselves out of the race off the car lot. It would lose hands down to a stock Cobalt/Malibu unless I'm on the interstate. Most quick matches on the street around here are settled before 70mph due to the police. I 'll be twenty car lengths away wanting to catch up and take it to 160mph. That guy will bail out and just laugh knowing he handed me my papers and I'm risking jail time. I kid you not when I tell you that I've had several old ladies get pissed and pass me leaving stop lights as I creep my way into second. Leaving the factory this car can barely compete with a stock moped 0-30.
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-20-2008 at 02:33 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

IF your car has it you will see a switch and a yellow light that sez ASR in the middle of the dash just above the radio between the rear hatch window defroster and what, on your car sez "35th Anniversary". If it's blank (and I suspect this is the case) then you don't have ASR (Camaro) or TCS (Firebird).

The ASR that comes on when you start the car on the dash around the tach & speedo comes on momentarily whether you have ASR/TCS or not.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I see the lights but I've not seen them come on. I hope you are right as I've not yet spun the tires. The second I put this skipshift bypass in that will all change. I just want to be able to chirp the tires without shifting to fourth gear. I'd not trade this Camaro for a Stang don't get me wrong, but with all this in place I can see why people might have opted for the latter. It influenced my driving the second it started to roll. They took themselves out of the race off the car lot. It would lose hands down to a stock Cobalt/Malibu unless I'm on the interstate. Most quick matches on the street around here are settled before 70mph due to the police. I 'll be twenty car lengths away wanting to catch up and take it to 160mph. That guy will bail out and just laugh knowing he handed me my papers and I'm risking jail time. I kid you not when I tell you that I've had several old ladies get pissed and pass me leaving stop lights as I creep my way into second. Leaving the factory this car can barely compete with a stock moped 0-30.
    Don't get me wrong as I don't mean this as a slight, but personally I think you have no clue and just don't know how to drive.

How old are you and what kind of driving experience do you have?

I ask cuz my 98 has 174,xxx miles on it and it'll boil the hides at will if I want...and it has ASR!

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I've been street racing for quite awhile and I've had many victories and very few defeats. If you hop in my stock 02 Camaro I will toast you in a race to 60 mph in any other stock vehicle that runs well. You'll be granny crawling your way into 2nd gear hoping you don't have to shift into 4th while me and everyone else at the light hits 60. If you doubt this I'd be more than happy to take your money. I will even race you on a stock moped to 30. I'd eat a car with a skipshift in Sanford n Sons pickup truck! Hell dude, I'll make it fair I'll race you to the next stoplight on a bicycle. If it's downhill I'll try a skateboard.
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-20-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

race him!!!!!!

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Bring it, and trust me if you want to get paid bet against him. If he floors it he's stuck in 4th and if he doesn't I'm already at the light. If he leaves it in 1st he just smoked the engine.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I'm guessing you're young (less than 21?). Well, maybe your tune is off. When I bought the 02 with 29,xxx miles on it whoever had it before me had used a HP3 to "tune" it. When they reflashed the PCM it was majorly wrong - shift points incorrect (6600), rev limiter was at 5400 so at WOT it wouldn't shift til I let out of it. There were other things wrong with the program also. Perhaps this is the case with your car.

After a reflash to stock tune for my 02 (I know people) it ran mid 13's at 105 stock (it's no longer stock). If you know someone who does this I'd have them check it out.

Barring mechanical problems your car should turn the same as mine. Even my 98 (stock down to the paper filter) with all that mileage and me granny shifting still runs high 13's low 14's at around 100mph in the 1/4 mile (depends on temp and DA - Phoenix gets kinda warm and the air is very dry).

FYI: At WOT the skip shift is bypassed which allows for a full trottle shift. It's part of the PCM's programming.

BTW: NEVER buy from SLP as their parts are way over priced.

Thread Information