Thread: A.i.r./e.g.r.

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

A.i.r./e.g.r.

ok i want to take out all the stuff for the a.i.r. and e.g.r. can some one tell me how to do this. anything that goes with this i want out. please help.. thanks.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

^This. I see you're down in Warren. I'm around Orwell myself.

Maroon
    2000 z28 6 speed

make sure you are getting a tune afterwards man.
    2001 B4C Totaled 4/25/11
    2000 Z28 M6 Cammed N' Slammed (SVT KLR)

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

well i plan on removing everthing listed but dont know where everything is at. and i will get a tune as i am changing the intake to a victor jr with a fast 307603 TB. so if you could tell me where to look for the Air stuff that would help out alot. and i know where the egr stuff is. thanks

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Its in the link posted above. But ill help you out anyway.
    Start at the exhaust manifolds. Look on top towards the front. A hose and checkvalve should be easy for you to spot. Two bolts hold each to the manifold.
    Follow the rubber hoses past the check valves and you should be able to pull the hoses.
    On top of the intake. Drivers side of the engine you will find the diverter valve and the solenoid. One bolt on the back of the head and the rest on top.
    Follow the rubber hoses into the front of the car on the driver side. Remove the plastic under the car behind the headlight assembly. The part with the rubber hoses is the AIR pump. Unbolt and disconnect the harness.
    That should cover most of it.

Maroon
    2000 z28 6 speed

the bracket on the back of the head is a 15mm and its kinda hard to get to, you might want to use a gear wrench because there isnt much clearance. For the air pump in the fender well i recommend using some type of power tool, i put mine on the lift and used my battery impact to get the 3 10mm bolts out. it really cleans up the engine bay afterwards!

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

oh that was a link, jeez now i feel stupid. but thanks for the help, now i just gotta wait till my intake and Tb come in so i can do all this at once then go get it tuned...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's LS1 View Post
    oh that was a link, jeez now i feel stupid. but thanks for the help, now i just gotta wait till my intake and Tb come in so i can do all this at once then go get it tuned...

Yes, that was a link. Any time something is posted and you are not sure what it is, please do not hesitate to ask. We tend to be a pretty understanding and friendly bunch over here.

Red
    2000 Z28

I just did that on my 2000 Z28

It's pretty easy but you need something to plug the air pump intake hole in the air box lid i use a Chrysler master cylinder plug from napa and it worked great, and you need to make some block off plates for the holes you will have in the manifolds or find a kit online.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z28 View Post
    It's pretty easy but you need something to plug the air pump intake hole in the air box lid i use a Chrysler master cylinder plug from napa and it worked great, and you need to make some block off plates for the holes you will have in the manifolds or find a kit online.

I used the exact same plug for our lid.

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

alright thanks alot guys. now as sooon as my intake comes in ill start tearin into it. but it doesnt seem hard i looked it all over today when i was messng with my bumper cover. and seen the stuff you guys were talking about. so thanks again guys.

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    ^This. I see you're down in Warren. I'm around Orwell myself.
    yup i live in warren. do u go to any tracks? if so which ones...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

yup i live in warren. do u go to any tracks? if so which ones...
    I usually hit Thompson Raceway - it's only about 20 minutes from me. I'd love to run at Norwalk, but that's a bit of a haul. You should check out the sticky in the Eastern members section - I'll be hosting a meet at the end of July.

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

I usually hit Thompson Raceway - it's only about 20 minutes from me. I'd love to run at Norwalk, but that's a bit of a haul. You should check out the sticky in the Eastern members section - I'll be hosting a meet at the end of July.
    thats where i ran a few times was a thompson. i only made it up there one time this year tho. i never been to Norwalk. been wanting to go to Quaker. and yeah ill go check it out.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

thats where i ran a few times was a thompson. i only made it up there one time this year tho. i never been to Norwalk. been wanting to go to Quaker. and yeah ill go check it out.
    I haven't been there this year yet. Been wanting to now that I've got the 9" done. Last year I blew the gears apart , so I'm hoping it'll hold together better this year.

Silver
    98 Camaro Z28

I haven't been there this year yet. Been wanting to now that I've got the 9" done. Last year I blew the gears apart , so I'm hoping it'll hold together better this year.

i went up last year all stock and ran 13.5... then went up there this year and couldnt get it too hook up. then i tried to start out in second big mistake, it fell on its face hard. but it made me mad cuz now im runnin a whole second slower. if you go to youtube type in Mudslinger366 i think i have some track vids up.

what gears did u go with in the nine? and if you break that you gotta be doing something right...

Thread Information