Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

I need input deciding on what to do....

I am getting a 98-02 camaro F-body within the next year. I am trying to decide whether to wait till I graduate from my GM ASEP program, or get it now.
    If I get the camaro now I would be able to afford about $10,000. Its still enought to get a nice one with decently low mileage on it, but its hard to find an SS for that much. The other problem with getting the car now would be that its getting close to winter here in MN.

If I wait until I graduate, then I would be able to afford an SS and it would be right before summer.

I dont really care if its a real SS, but I love the look of an SS. thats whats making me want the car now. I could just get an SS hood and I would have the car I want.

Should I wait or give into temptation and get the car now?

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

wait and save and graduate and use your GM money and benifits to make it bad ass

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Ahhh human nature....it's a wonderful thing isn't it. We all want things NOW! Hence the "Buy now pay later" If there's any way you can save up during the long gray winter [snowy] months, while a Camaro would be mostly useless anyway, you'd be happier knowing that you scored a REAL SS! They are more than a pretty face, (hood) and after you have one, you'll be so glad you waited. Just my 2 cents

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Just wait and keep your eye's open during the winter for people that get in the financial pinch and need to sell ASAP. You can get some good deals in winter.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

WAIT!!! One of the most important investments a car guy can make is in the car he REALLY wants...

If You like the mean look of the SS and the style of the raised spoiler and angry hood, then you need to wait for it. You will end up just having to spend money buying your dream hood for a Z28.

I am an impulse buyer for sure, but I would wait until you have the summer, and are graduated to give the attention a muscle car deserves.

Go Bears...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I been through both seasons and still couldnt find shit. Going on 11 months now looking for a car lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Hey man I waited and waited until I found the perfect SS. I live in Burnsville, MN and I know what you mean about the winter. Wait and buy the car you can't live without. Or else you will regret not waiting and always be looking for something else.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

thanks for the input and u all helped give me a good idea on what I think I will do. I was most likely going to wait till late spring/summer anyways. I currently cant stand the car I got now (2004 Pontiac grand prix GT), and the dealership I work at gets a lot of the twin cities' Corvettes, and F body's. So I drive them all the time and it gets the idea's brewin' in my head, making me want one very badly.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Maybe I should buy an LT1

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    thanks for the input and u all helped give me a good idea on what I think I will do. I was most likely going to wait till late spring/summer anyways. I currently cant stand the car I got now (2004 Pontiac grand prix GT), and the dealership I work at gets a lot of the twin cities' Corvettes, and F body's. So I drive them all the time and it gets the idea's brewin' in my head, making me want one very badly.
    you should wait, but if you do find the perfect car. Buy it! It usually takes a long time to find the right f-body that is perfect for you. Anyways

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Maybe I should buy an LT1
    Start looking for the SS with the LT4, one of 100 - do these ever go for sale?

I would look all winter and see what comes up. Only get one in the winter if it's perfect.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea the LT1 SSs are really rare down here, I have seen maybe like 5 all together lol But I would love to have one.

Thread Information