Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Question I had no idea these existed....

A Dale Earnhardt edition Camaro SS??? I had no clue these existed (maybe because there were only like 3 made). My uncle would HAVE this car, and never touch it...he would have a glass case made for it, and build on to his house just so he could have the car sitting there to show off with the rest of his collection....

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/car/605025198.html

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

lol, yea, how ever, i wouldnt trust that add, i dont know too much about the car, but i think they were only produced in 2002 by a company called GMMG http://gmmginc.net/programs/IntimidatorSS/ .

You can correct me if im wrong, but this is the only Dale Earnhardt camaro im aware of....

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    lol, yea, how ever, i wouldnt trust that add, i dont know too much about the car, but i think they were only produced in 2002 by a company called GMMG http://gmmginc.net/programs/IntimidatorSS/ .

You can correct me if im wrong, but this is the only Dale Earnhardt camaro im aware of....
    Only thing I can think of is if some non-GM related Earnhardt fanatic company had 3 camaros outfitted like that. Regular SS's converted over....that would make them rare, but not documented, so not as valuable as they state in the ad. If they came from 'factory' like that, then I would say buy it for the 11,000 they ask and go get 10 times that at auction...I had my doubts when I posted this thread, just want some answers from someone who knows the facts.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

that car is not a gmmg car,

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

It looks like somebody just painted it and added graphics and interior....I got my regular 2000 SS with 88k on the clock for only 2 grand less than that...kind of looks like a scam lol. Especially with only 2k on the odo.....................................or nobody wants a fake Earnhardt car.

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post

agreed, the only way i would buy a Dale Earnhardt camaro is if it came from gmmg , that looks like (a very nice) appearance package

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

agreed, the only way i would buy a Dale Earnhardt camaro is if it came from gmmg , that looks like (a very nice) appearance package
    Well, if you read the ad, it says it was his personal vehicle, so it wasn't made in his memory like the GMMG cars. If it's real, it was a regular SS Camaro that he himself had outfitted to be HIS....if it's real. If they had proof that he owned it, I would trade mine for it, and re-sell it for much more, and buy mine back, as well as save for a 2010 Z28

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    Well, if you read the ad, it says it was his personal vehicle, so it wasn't made in his memory like the GMMG cars. If it's real, it was a regular SS Camaro that he himself had outfitted to be HIS....if it's real. If they had proof that he owned it, I would trade mine for it, and re-sell it for much more, and buy mine back, as well as save for a 2010 Z28
    oh no, not you too, do u know how against the new camaro i am? its as bad as Night Rider being a Mustang(some body needs to be shot for that by the way)!

but back to the topic, if it was owned by Earnhardt, it would NOT be on Craigs List (and personally, i think he had better taste than that)

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

oh no, not you too, do u know how against the new camaro i am? its as bad as Night Rider being a Mustang(some body needs to be shot for that by the way)!

but back to the topic, if it was owned by Earnhardt, it would NOT be on Craigs List (and personally, i think he had better taste than that)
    Let's put it this way....if it does come with the LS9, I don't give a f**k what it looks like....i'm buying it for the engine. And I will NOT trade my 4th gen for it, because I personally believe it's the 2nd best camaro ever made (first being the 1st gens of course)

Back on topic, I totally agree with you. I would actually like to prove this to be fake, so that I can warn the unsuspecting collectors to NOT buy it...I hate scammers, and I hate fakes. And I'm starting to believe this Craigslist listing is both

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

okay, back off topic, you can dispute the looks of the new camaro all you want, you will prove nothing, BUT we can dispute its performance, in my eyes its the only deciding factor whether this car is CAMARO or just a camaro, you know what i mean,, fuck the looks, if its got a 500 hp blown v8, i dont care if it looked like a mustake, id buy it,

again on the other hand, if its performance is a flop, then the car will be a flop. simple as that, were not looking for caddilac luxury and corvette styling here, we want a no holds bar muscle car, of course with a/c, and the necessities like a cd player and power windows no disagreeing there,

back on topic, this car is gay, not a gmmg but simply a backyard copy cat, no styling no performance, i seriously doubt this is dales car, but i have been wrong before, why would he drive around this when matt murphy was hard at work desighning and developing a car for dale, with the shit dale liked, for ex. the 200 s wheels, the bad ass badges and everything being clean and black.

im done now i go back to work,

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

i can understand, ive been drooling over the LS7 my self
    and we all know that from 67 to 2002 the camaro has been the reason most of us get laid (dont be ashamed), and is know for sleek style and the "wow" factor @ a green light, but that thing is not a Camaro. Just like the 88 Monte Carlo SS isnt the piece of shit it is to day.

BACK ON TOPIC: people try to get over on people all the time, ive gone to dealer ship in SO CAL to look @ an "SS" and as soon as i dont see the proper vin "WU8 or WS6" i leave, @ least i know my Z28 is a Z28...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

okay, back off topic, you can dispute the looks of the new camaro all you want, you will prove nothing, BUT we can dispute its performance, in my eyes its the only deciding factor whether this car is CAMARO or just a camaro, you know what i mean,, fuck the looks, if its got a 500 hp blown v8, i dont care if it looked like a mustake, id buy it,

again on the other hand, if its performance is a flop, then the car will be a flop. simple as that, were not looking for caddilac luxury and corvette styling here, we want a no holds bar muscle car, of course with a/c, and the necessities like a cd player and power windows no disagreeing there,

back on topic, this car is gay, not a gmmg but simply a backyard copy cat, no styling no performance, i seriously doubt this is dales car, but i have been wrong before, why would he drive around this when matt murphy was hard at work desighning and developing a car for dale, with the shit dale liked, for ex. the 200 s wheels, the bad ass badges and everything being clean and black.

Off the topicness, I TOTALLY agree!!! Finally someone is on the same page as me. I don't give a shite about what it looks like, as long as it's got the muscle....if it doesn't come with an LS9, I might as well just go buy the LS9 engine, put it in my 4th gen, and call it a 5th gen . In other words, if it doesn't come with the top-dog GM engine, I won't waste my money on a car with no guts....I'll put guts in mine hehe.

Back on the topicness, I think we should call this a piece and case closed. Someone should buy it out of sympathy for the car, since it only has ~2k miles, and take off the Dale stuff, because it is a disgrace to his name....if it's got his name on it, it better be DAMN fast, just like he was, and just like the Intimidator SS (not the truck) is.

I'm done for now, and I must also go back to da workness, and finish this submittal to the city for a new 80 acre subdivision that will have overpriced houses built on it................... Booo housing market, hooray beer!!!

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

good point

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    Off the topicness, I TOTALLY agree!!! Finally someone is on the same page as me. I don't give a shite about what it looks like, as long as it's got the muscle....if it doesn't come with an LS9, I might as well just go buy the LS9 engine, put it in my 4th gen, and call it a 5th gen . In other words, if it doesn't come with the top-dog GM engine, I won't waste my money on a car with no guts....I'll put guts in mine hehe.

Back on the topicness, I think we should call this a piece and case closed. Someone should buy it out of sympathy for the car, since it only has ~2k miles, and take off the Dale stuff, because it is a disgrace to his name....if it's got his name on it, it better be DAMN fast, just like he was, and just like the Intimidator SS (not the truck) is.

I'm done for now, and I must also go back to da workness, and finish this submittal to the city for a new 80 acre subdivision that will have overpriced houses built on it................... Booo housing market, hooray beer!!!
    thats more like it, make the sexy sexier, and Ls9 4th gen is the kind of thinking i like to see in my FBody Brethern

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

Thats what prompted me to put on the Manta/Intimidator Stripe.

http://www.modernmuscle.net/featurec...rgesSShome.htm

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

if i am not mistaken, Dale Jr has an Intimidator SS in his garage and i believe it had an LS6

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

didnt they make DE edition becuase they had already sold all the DH camaros and an earnhardt wanted one but was too late? either way i think they were 02' and not 99'. nice car but i dont think its a gmmg car. but what do i know

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

Official link from CMMG Inc

http://gmmginc.net/programs/IntimidatorSS

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by ndt/oos View Post
    didnt they make DE edition becuase they had already sold all the DH camaros and an earnhardt wanted one but was too late? either way i think they were 02' and not 99'. nice car but i dont think its a gmmg car. but what do i know
    i'm not too sure about all of that, i know how the car came about, matt got in contact with berger chevrolet first for a remake of the cars of the 60" well gmmg got popluar with tom henry chevy and carl black pontiac, anyhow, the dick harrel cars were a tribute such as the intimidator cars.

dale told matt what he wanted, and he put it in action, made about 83 in 02 and the rest is history if you will. i;m pretty sure they had 01's as well,

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

That car is just ugly. Looks like some ricer D-bag put pinstripes all over the poor thing. Yeah, and those seats are all kinds of ugly.

Nasty!!

Thread Information