Red
    1998 Camaro SS

i feel so stupid...

i feel so stupid having to ask this.. but does ne1 here have any helpful hints on how to get unlock ur car, when uve locked the keys in it... yea i kno im dipshit.. but i really wanna be able to drive my car.. and not have to pay 50 buxs for some1 to unlock it

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

do you have AAA?

they'll do it for free

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

nope and the place i was referred to wants 50 buxs..

black
    1999 trans am

get your Vin number and take it to a gm dealer and have them cut you a door key

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

ill prob will.. but dealership is closed at 9 pm..

Silver
    2002 Z28

Either wait or pay the $50. The last thing you want to do is f- up your locking mechanism. Miss with a Slim-Jim and it'll take a lot more than $50 to fix it.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Black
    1998 Z/28

metal clothes hanger stretched out and hook the end of it, come in from the door glass on the side closest to the rear of the car, preferable have some1 on the other side of the car looking into the window to tell u where to put the clothes hanger at and pull. Done this too many times to count but it really helps with the ladies, they love u when you unlock their car

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Corey1987 View Post
    metal clothes hanger stretched out and hook the end of it, come in from the door glass on the side closest to the rear of the car, preferable have some1 on the other side of the car looking into the window to tell u where to put the clothes hanger at and pull. Done this too many times to count but it really helps with the ladies, they love u when you unlock their car
    had to do that once in my 96 t/a, took to have the oil changed and left the keys in it and the mechanic locked the damn door! they offered to pay to have it unlocked but I was having my oil changed on my lunch so didnt have time to wait. just used the ole hanger and hooked the door handle and pulled. I dont think that will work on later models though, never had to try it on my 99. I guess you could try to push the locking mechanism forward to the unlock position but I would think the hanger would bend before you got it unlocked.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

easy.. pull the window from the top. 3rd gens are worse than the 4th gens, but you can pull the window from the top and slide your arm in and unlock it and open it at the same time while your arm is in it.

If the window is up you should be able to flex it out enough to stick your arm in. Might use some help.

Just pry your fingers between the t-top and/or the side and the glass. Careful not to use any tool that focus's a pry point in one spot on the glass. Could possibly break the glass if too much pressure is placed on one sharp spot. But these windows are really really hard. I doubt it would break. Someone tried breaking into my car once and failed. And the glass didnt break.

I was shocked at how easy these cars are to break into back when I was 19. It felt like a violation. I locked my keys in my car while me and some friends were out cruising in Tulsa. And they "somehow" knew about the window trick. So while I covered my eyes, they pulled my window and stuck their arm in and BAM.. was in it in less that a minute.

almost any car that doesnt have a metal trim around the window is easy to break into.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 12-24-2006 at 05:59 AM.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Thx now I hope no one tries to steal my car lol

Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

The way i saw AAA do it was they took a wedge and put it in the back of the window and pushed it out about a 1/2 inch. Then they took a metal stick and pushed the lock slider forward. Yeah it only took them less than 2 minutes to break in.

black
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by kev70ss View Post
    The way i saw AAA do it was they took a wedge and put it in the back of the window and pushed it out about a 1/2 inch. Then they took a metal stick and pushed the lock slider forward. Yeah it only took them less than 2 minutes to break in.
    that's the way we do it a work it cost 40 in town

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    easy.. pull the window from the top. 3rd gens are worse than the 4th gens, but you can pull the window from the top and slide your arm in and unlock it and open it at the same time while your arm is in it.

If the window is up you should be able to flex it out enough to stick your arm in. Might use some help.

Just pry your fingers between the t-top and/or the side and the glass. Careful not to use any tool that focus's a pry point in one spot on the glass. Could possibly break the glass if too much pressure is placed on one sharp spot. But these windows are really really hard. I doubt it would break. Someone tried breaking into my car once and failed. And the glass didnt break.

I was shocked at how easy these cars are to break into back when I was 19. It felt like a violation. I locked my keys in my car while me and some friends were out cruising in Tulsa. And they "somehow" knew about the window trick. So while I covered my eyes, they pulled my window and stuck their arm in and BAM.. was in it in less that a minute.

almost any car that doesnt have a metal trim around the window is easy to break into.
    So how far did you have to pry the window open? I dont know about you, but my arm would not fit in there and I aint that big!!!

just barely enough to fit your arm in. It will be tight.. and it might hurt a bit, but you're going to have to just pull hard enough to slide your arm in.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

pay the 50 bucks and be done with it.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Thread Information