Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

How's this sound...should I jump on it?

I called on a '02 Z A4 with 45k and a few extras for 12,700 today. Thought it was a good deal, but it was gone. Dammit.

I was very dissapointed, it was a great looking car. NBM, SS hood, C5 wheels. I just waited too long to call.

So, I spent a few hours searching, and found another:

'02 Z, M6, black on ebony(?) leather, SLP SS hood and intake, 18k miles, for 14,000.

I was actually looking for an A4, but maybe I shouldn't be such a wuss and give the M6 another shot. At least it'll get better mileage.

Stock wheels have to go though.

Sound like a good deal?

EDIT: He just answered my email. Turns out the car has a NH rebuilt title. DAMMIT. Not another one! Supposedly it's clean and straight w/no boddy filler. Whatever, it'll probably be a bitch to register in another state.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 07-06-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

02 Z with 18k for $14,000 that sh!t would already be in my driveway.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 00ssSLP View Post
    02 Z with 18k for $14,000 that sh!t would already be in my driveway.

It's got a Rebuilt title...I should have known. If it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Still sounds like a ok deal if the car was repaired right. I have bought 3 rebuilt cars in my life and never had a single issue. One car had been hit on the front with 10k and just messed up the hood, radiator, 1 headlight and dented slightly a fender. Saved 10k over the going price at the time. Depends what the total was from. could be minor, could be in a hurricane and under 4 feet of water which is a no go. Back in 02 I bought my 02 z28 for 18k with 1,500 miles on it loaded with every option.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Well, I was looking at another car a few weeks ago with a rebuilt title. I was excited about it, it was a '00 WS6 Formula, which are rare as hens teeth. Turns out it previously had water damage, it was damaged in '01 and fixed in early '02. As much as I liked the car, I had to walk aways from that one, not worth the risk.

I'm kind of soured on the rebuilt title thing.

Plus, I'm thinking it might be a pain to register in in RI, it's got a NH title right now. I think I might have to jump through hoops to register it. And I'm not sure if my bank will finance a car with a rebuilt title.

What did you have to do to register yours?

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

i say just be patient and you will run across one you like.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I was interested in car with a rebuilt title in Nevada, but found out you can't get full coverage insurance on a rebuilt title...just a heads up - something else to check into before buying a rebuilt....

white
    2002 z28

14,000 i paid that for double the milagge , grab it

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Well, I was looking at another car a few weeks ago with a rebuilt title. I was excited about it, it was a '00 WS6 Formula, which are rare as hens teeth. Turns out it previously had water damage, it was damaged in '01 and fixed in early '02. As much as I liked the car, I had to walk aways from that one, not worth the risk.

I'm kind of soured on the rebuilt title thing.

Plus, I'm thinking it might be a pain to register in in RI, it's got a NH title right now. I think I might have to jump through hoops to register it. And I'm not sure if my bank will finance a car with a rebuilt title.

What did you have to do to register yours?
    Cars I bought had already gone through inspection. I did buy a car once for about $700 and bought a front lip and some misc things like airbag, just to have a reliable cheap car and it worked out great. I took it through the DMV and they looked it over to make sure all the lights/safety items were on. Really wasn't a problem..I didn't even have the parts painted yet or lined up correctly. But if your finacing, then they will not do it with a rebuilt. I have seen some Z28's around here with around 90k miles for $6,000 area. Almost bought another one since I know the Ls1 engine can last a long time, but don't need another money pit. I almost bought a 05 GTO that was a rebuild with 10k miles, fully restored and looked showroom perfect for $20,000. But I didn't want to empty my entire savings to get it.
    Makes me almost want to sell my 02 Z28... Just paid it off last week and I have been wanting a 03 on up Z06 or possibly a reg c5 with the right options and color combo. Seeing how much people are paying for low mileage Z28's, is getting me tempted to sell.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 07-07-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Yeah, it's no go. Talked to the bank, they don't finance anything w/out a clean title.

I have a few others I found, I'll post details after I make a few calls.

I've seen alot of them online, but with the prices alot of them are going for, it seems hard to find a good deal.

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

just keep lookin man, i know you will find one. it took me a while. these people are going to milk them. some people out there though still just want to sell it for a descent price. keep on looking i say. it is alot of money being spent to just be in a hurry to get a car.

Thread Information