Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

How to Tell a Factory SLP Car?

So, I'm going to look at a 2002 Camaro (SS LE M6) tomorrow that I'm considering buying. The guy who has it claims its a factory SLP car. Assuming he doesn't have original build paperwork (he's not the original owner)...is there anything I can look for on the car that would distinguish the SLP options?

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by RichieB16 View Post
    So, I'm going to look at a 2002 Camaro (SS LE M6) tomorrow that I'm considering buying. The guy who has it claims its a factory SLP car. Assuming he doesn't have original build paperwork (he's not the original owner)...is there anything I can look for on the car that would distinguish the SLP options?
    Look on the driver's door jam.There should be an RPO sticker with all your RPO codes (3 digit codes).Look for one that says WU8.

If additional SLP options (chrome wheels,bilstien suspension,DD exhaust...etc) were ordered on top of the standard SS package,there should be a Y2Y RPO code.

If there is a Y2Y code on your driver's door,I believe there should also be an SLP sticker on your passenger door listing the additional options that were ordered from SLP.

You can also get the VIN# and contact SLP.They should be able to confirm that it is a true SS as well.SLP (732) 349-2109

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47156

Good luck!

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Is WU8 and Y2Y the RPOs for SLP or does one of those also infer SS?

It has a big wing!

Is WU8 and Y2Y the RPOs for SLP or does one of those also infer SS?
    WU8 indicates SS.

Y2Y indicates additional SLP options were ordered.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I will confirm that, mine is a real ss with wu8, but no y2y. Just look for the WU8, write down the vin, then call slp to confirm. They are very nice about telling you if its real or not. You can also go as far as calling a dealership to confirm the vin with the options, make sure it wasn't a hack job where they put two cars together. Have fun!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

If you can get the vin, I will VIS it for you real quick and check the vehicle build.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

great info in here, everything is 1000% correct, there will also be a rpo sticker in the drivers door it will say

this vehicle has been altered by slp engineering, then the options in the pass door

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

If it is an LE, meaning the Red w/silver striped LE like mine, it would say Z4C in the list on the driver's door sticker. All 2002's were 35th anniversary editions, but only Z4C's were LE's.

2002 SS LE #2760 M6 Hurst w/white ball
    Bilstein Level II & Big Loud Exhaust
    SLP Cold Pack, diff cover, & grille.
    Bridgestone Potenza RE760

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by stimpster View Post
    If it is an LE, meaning the Red w/silver striped LE like mine, it would say Z4C in the list on the driver's door sticker. All 2002's were 35th anniversary editions, but only Z4C's were LE's.
    Its an LE car like yours (and the first thing I was going to check was the Z4C just to be sure).

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

http://www.chevy-camaro.com/chevy-ca....asp?year=2002

here are the rpo codes for 2002 ss

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

Its an LE car like yours (and the first thing I was going to check was the Z4C just to be sure).
    Awesome, get it!

Hey, you can always fix it up if it needs work. The hard part is getting one, the easy part is keeping it.

3000 made for the USA and 369 made for Canada.
    2 were used as Pace Cars for the Brickyard 400 (verts).

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Well, I bought it and it does need some work. I know I overpaid a bit for it, but it was in good shape and they are REALLY hard to find up here. Plus, the guy I bought it sold it to me for what the payoff of his loan was. The way I figure it, I'd rather pay a little more and be able to "kick the tires" rather than buy one from across the country and have it shipped unseen.

But, it has 47000 miles and is an M6 car...so I'm happy.

Also, it has the Z4C code and is a Y2Y car. I checked the SLP tag on the passenger door and it had the 345HP SLP exhaust package on it but it has been replaced with an aftermarket setup (which I think I'm going to have changed down the road).

red
    01 camaro ss

I have the wu8 code and the y2y along with a seperate sticker on the driver door from SLP because i have the 5 star chrome wheels dash plaque dd exhaust and bilstein suspension package

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Well, I bought it and it does need some work. I know I overpaid a bit for it, but it was in good shape and they are REALLY hard to find up here. Plus, the guy I bought it sold it to me for what the payoff of his loan was. The way I figure it, I'd rather pay a little more and be able to "kick the tires" rather than buy one from across the country and have it shipped unseen.

But, it has 47000 miles and is an M6 car...so I'm happy.

Also, it has the Z4C code and is a Y2Y car. I checked the SLP tag on the passenger door and it had the 345HP SLP exhaust package on it but it has been replaced with an aftermarket setup (which I think I'm going to have changed down the road).
    how much $$$ did you give ?

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    how much $$$ did you give ?
    Well, I'm a little embarrassed to say because I'm sure I'm going to be told that I way overpaid for it...but like I said, I have seen about 2 up here. Anyway, I paid $18,000 for it.

Plus, this is a car (like my '69) that I have wanted since I first saw a picture of it and I plan on never letting it go.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Well, I'm a little embarrassed to say because I'm sure I'm going to be told that I way overpaid for it...but like I said, I have seen about 2 up here. Anyway, I paid $18,000 for it.

Plus, this is a car (like my '69) that I have wanted since I first saw a picture of it and I plan on never letting it go.
    bottom line is its your money and you got what you wanted

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    bottom line is its your money and you got what you wanted
    Thanks man, I'm really happy with my purchase. One of my best buddies is giving me a lot of flack about it because he thinks it was a terrible deal, so thats been kind of a buzz kill. But, he's a Mopar guy who thinks the LEs are gaudy. He was trying to get me to buy a 2002 Z28 convertible with 67000 miles on it for $17K instead. But, I like this car about 10x more.

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

i think if u like it .it does not matter how much it cost,the matter is that u have it now and ur happy with it.when u get a chance get some pic plz

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Thanks man, I'm really happy with my purchase. One of my best buddies is giving me a lot of flack about it because he thinks it was a terrible deal, so thats been kind of a buzz kill. But, he's a Mopar guy who thinks the LEs are gaudy. He was trying to get me to buy a 2002 Z28 convertible with 67000 miles on it for $17K instead. But, I like this car about 10x more.
    how many miles does yours have ?............dang that pretty good to be your age and have a 69 and 02 camaro

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by camaross19973 View Post
    i think if u like it .it does not matter how much it cost,the matter is that u have it now and ur happy with it.when u get a chance get some pic plz
    I will have pics of it up as soon as I actually have the car home. I'm going to have to finance about half of the cost (and it will pay off his loan) so I'm going to have to deal with some bank paper work. I plan on picking up the car next weekend. So, expect pics about Sunday.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 03-29-2008 at 07:49 PM.
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS396 (Clone)
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS LE#2823 SLP M6

Thread Information