Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much would you pay for a 00 ss camaro?

How much would you pay for a 00 ss camaro with 35k miles on it, 6-speed and in good condition. What is a good price range?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I paid 12,900 a year ago for a super clean A4 with 69k. I have seen varying prices since then from as low as 9k to has high as 17k in the Southern CA area

Bronze
    1984 Corvette

I just paid $9000 for my black 2000 SS with 70k. Dealer was asking $12,600.

There is another black 2000 SS at the local used corvette dealer right now with 25K. They are asking $18,900

I guess it is all about what "low mileage" is Worth to someone.
    I plan on driving mine, so mine was still low mileage to me.

Alan

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS SLP M6

I say between 9-12 depending on how nice the car is, and if it has every option you want.

I tend to pay more for a stock car than I would for something modified,,,so it's personal preference really.
    We just replaced my wifes previous 4th gen with a 2000 SS last summer. A nice 6 speed car with 50,000 miles, and cloth interior was a requirement. A nice car with several SLP options too,,,,and we paid $10K for it.

If you are looking for something in particular like we were,,,then you may need to be willing to pay more and/or travel around to broaden your choices. I traveled from Ohio down to Florida to pick ours up.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS SLP M6

I agree with Firebirdjones. I traveled for over 10 hours to get my car. and i wanted very specific things. I think it helps to know what you want, and then you can search more effectively. I had to have a 6 speed.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Yeah...anywhere from 9-12k...POSSIBLY 13k..depends on how nice it is. Check blue book also..see what they suggest

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

If you plan to get financed by a bank...the bank will not give your more then what blue book says...but if paying cash...then really...a car is only worth what you are willing to pay. I know a guy who bought a 2002 SOM SS with 85k miles for $12,000..had it for one year and put it up for sale with 90k miles...and someone paid him $16,500 b/c they wanted it that bad...so..just depends on A LOT of things...but make sure its a GOOD car...motor/tranny...interior, etc...get it checked out too...being picky and safe when purchasing a used car is always smart! If your going to spend your hard earned money on something..make sure its nice and will last!

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

Just bought a 2002 SS w/leather-6spd-slp-37,000 miles for $6000. Even has a few bolt on's already. Of course it's a 24 hr drive to get it, but heh.

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    Just bought a 2002 SS w/leather-6spd-slp-37,000 miles for $6000. Even has a few bolt on's already. Of course it's a 24 hr drive to get it, but heh.
    6k?, not 16?. thats 98-99 100k mile price! you got the deal of the year. ill bet you win money on lottery tickets too dont you.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

I believe as the saying goes-you can't win if you don't play. The lottery that is, and I don't play.
    I've been on the other side of the equation many times. Sold three 1st gens in the last year for less than $60,000, after putting in over $150,000. I guess I deserve a nut every now and then. You have to do alot of watching and be the first guy there with cash on a fire sale. But you already knew that. And it was right there in PA!
    There are lots of deals out there right now. I see one in sunny CA that's asking $14,000 for a 500hp, max prepped SS road racer 2001 with less than 50,000 miles, and most guys will take 2k less than advertised if you'll wave cash in their face. Of course you have to have the cash.
    Last edited by dbs1; 08-14-2009 at 10:31 PM.

black
    02 vette vert

I believe as the saying goes-you can't win if you don't play. The lottery that is, and I don't play.
    I've been on the other side of the equation many times. Sold three 1st gens in the last year for less than $60,000, after putting in over $150,000. I guess I deserve a nut every now and then. You have to do alot of watching and be the first guy there with cash on a fire sale. But you already knew that. And it was right there in PA!
    There are lots of deals out there right now. I see one in sunny CA that's asking $14,000 for a 500hp, max prepped SS road racer 2001 with less than 50,000 miles, and most guys will take 2k less than advertised if you'll wave cash in their face. Of course you have to have the cash.
    i guess you can be looking, but either not hard enough, or not in the right places. theres a 35th anniversary edition SS vert up the road, dont know the options or miles, sign in the window is 20k.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SLP View Post
    I agree with Firebirdjones. I traveled for over 10 hours to get my car. and i wanted very specific things. I think it helps to know what you want, and then you can search more effectively. I had to have a 6 speed.
    And you got the best color, I would pay about 10k-12k for a 2000 model car that had low miles and the right options. May up to 14k if it was showroom.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

yeah that's ridiculous, That guy was a moron, or your full of it.

Black
    2002 Camaro

Lots are people are in a bind right now and are selling very nice cars for cheap. I found a 2002 ss with many mods +spray for 7k, and I just bought mine for 10k(didn't want any spray). Look around and dont rush for the first one you see. You can find exacly what you want if you take your time.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Well in that case I should start looking for another one if their going for that little, I would love to have another one at those prices. I bought mine in 99, one year old with 12k already on the odo for 23k and that was a good PRICE since the guy paid 31k for it just 12 months ago.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

I admit to being full of it for sure, but nevertheless, that was the deal. You have to be ready to make the deal happen. I thought I had a deal put together for $5500 on a 2002 z28 6spd w/77,000 miles and was actually headed to Ca to pick it up, via a stop in Phx to get my trailer and called the guy just one more time to find out he had a guy arriving an hour before I would be able to get there. I decided I would be pretty po'd if he sold it, so I waited till evening to find out he did sell it for $6500. Could'nt blame the guy, but glad I did'nt make the 7 hr drive to find it was sold.

Look on ebay-craigslist-auto trader. Lots in the $8000-$12,000 range, but if you stay on top of it you'll see some in the $6k-$7k range. They don't last long.

On this last deal there was a guy coming the next day so I had to do a wire transfer from Az to Pa to secure the deal. And now my son who is stationed in NC is going to have to drive over and pick it up and drive it back to Az when he gets a leave in the next few weeks. That will save some $.
    Last edited by dbs1; 08-15-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: more info

Black
    2002 Camaro

I admit to being full of it for sure, but nevertheless, that was the deal. You have to be ready to make the deal happen. I thought I had a deal put together for $5500 on a 2002 z28 6spd w/77,000 miles and was actually headed to Ca to pick it up, via a stop in Phx to get my trailer and called the guy just one more time to find out he had a guy arriving an hour before I would be able to get there. I decided I would be pretty po'd if he sold it, so I waited till evening to find out he did sell it for $6500. Could'nt blame the guy, but glad I did'nt make the 7 hr drive to find it was sold.

Look on ebay-craigslist-auto trader. Lots in the $8000-$12,000 range, but if you stay on top of it you'll see some in the $6k-$7k range. They don't last long.

On this last deal there was a guy coming the next day so I had to do a wire transfer from Az to Pa to secure the deal. And now my son who is stationed in NC is going to have to drive over and pick it up and drive it back to Az when he gets a leave in the next few weeks. That will save some $.
    Dont forget to check out racingjunk.com You can find some sweet rides on that website if you give it enough time.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

Yep-That's another good one!

Son arrived today to find another guy there dickering to buy it. I guess it was a good thing I had a po fax in my hand and a receipt for the $6000.

Truth be told is was rougher on the outside than we were told with some needed dents to be fixed, so add another $1000. It does have headers, exhaust, hurst shifter and bigger brakes already installed. Son called to say that the mpg is off though-can only muster 28 mpg. Now that upsets me!

We are gonna try to get it down to my last truck times at least in the low 12's without too much expense, and a decent road racer for the less competitive small bore groups.

The 67 was setup to run with the big dogs, but with this economy, I'll be glad to just have something to take to the track and use the few mods and tires I have left over. Racing on the cheap. 12's ain't like 9's, but at least it's still going down the track and able to slap around some honda's with fart can exhausts.

black
    02 vette vert

Yep-That's another good one!

Son arrived today to find another guy there dickering to buy it. I guess it was a good thing I had a po fax in my hand and a receipt for the $6000.

Truth be told is was rougher on the outside than we were told with some needed dents to be fixed, so add another $1000. It does have headers, exhaust, hurst shifter and bigger brakes already installed. Son called to say that the mpg is off though-can only muster 28 mpg. Now that upsets me!

We are gonna try to get it down to my last truck times at least in the low 12's without too much expense, and a decent road racer for the less competitive small bore groups.

The 67 was setup to run with the big dogs, but with this economy, I'll be glad to just have something to take to the track and use the few mods and tires I have left over. Racing on the cheap. 12's ain't like 9's, but at least it's still going down the track and able to slap around some honda's with fart can exhausts.
    consitency wins brackets at any speed, but with 9's were entering into a different world, both feeling and equipment.

Thread Information