Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Holy Crap!! 2002 35th LE with 0 miles in Tulsa...

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/824291323.html

Found this in a local forum, thought I'd try and help this person out....anybody got $80,000 in land with a shop/barn?

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/824291323.html

Found this in a local forum, thought I'd try and help this person out....anybody got $80,000 in land with a shop/barn?

What a hillbilly....

Would be a nice car though, be scared of driving it.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thats a wast of money, to buy a new car and never drive it. Whats the point, yea, it goes up in value and what not, but how can you buy a nice car, and never, ever drive it...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Thats a wast of money, to buy a new car and never drive it. Whats the point, yea, it goes up in value and what not, but how can you buy a nice car, and never, ever drive it...

They are called rich people....this owner probably has a brand new Z06 Vette as his DD, or equivelant...

And he probably has more than just this car sitting somewhere gathering dust, 'collecting value'........not $80,000 worth, that's like buying a mint 67-69 RS/SS.....and I would rather have one of those to be honest

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

They are called rich people....this owner probably has a brand new Z06 Vette as his DD, or equivelant...

And he probably has more than just this car sitting somewhere gathering dust, 'collecting value'........not $80,000 worth, that's like buying a mint 67-69 RS/SS.....and I would rather have one of those to be honest
    You notice he is selling it right as Fbody value is supposed to drop (because of the gen5)

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    You notice he is selling it right as Fbody value is supposed to drop (because of the gen5)

Which means he's not totally stupid, or lucky. Either way, it's still too high....You could find a GMMG car with low miles for cheaper, and that's a REAL collector car. Value on those will always be high...

black
    99 z28 a4

its only worth what its worth to someone eles... engines prolly trash... from sitting so long the bearings are prolly going bad... same with the seals in the trans...lol sitting dormant kills cars...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    its only worth what its worth to someone eles... engines prolly trash... from sitting so long the bearings are prolly going bad... same with the seals in the trans...lol sitting dormant kills cars...

If someone is rich enough to buy it, they are rich enough to fix it as well. However, rich is one thing...I think it would take a rich DUMB person to take this deal.....Land value wayyy outdoes car value anyday....

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

If someone is rich enough to buy it, they are rich enough to fix it as well. However, rich is one thing...I think it would take a rich DUMB person to take this deal.....Land value wayyy outdoes car value anyday....
    All depends on location!

black
    99 z28 a4

+1 world isnt gettin any bigger and they already started making camaros again...lol

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

All depends on location!

Even so, you will almost never see a downward trend on land value, and if you do, it's short-lived. In the long run, land will double it's value with no maintenance while you spend more money than what you bought the car for, just to keep some value...

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

I guess thats true

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Even so, you will almost never see a downward trend on land value, and if you do, it's short-lived. In the long run, land will double it's value with no maintenance while you spend more money than what you bought the car for, just to keep some value...
    You mean that swamp land I bought in Florida is gonna go up in value?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    You mean that swamp land I bought in Florida is gonna go up in value?
    Don't buy swampland in Florida....or anything else potentially in floodplain for that matter. ...that's another story all together...but it would still hold it's current value better than any car, with 0 maintenance....just try 0 maintenance on a car, and see what happens to it in a matter of months....

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

You have a point there. I guess when you look at the economics of it, it makes sense. Lets say a plot of land in the middle of... Montana ... probably not worth a whole lot ( I could be wrong... I'm from Michigan). Figuring in the same area, you have an Fbody. Land/cars are only worth what people are willing to pay, so with that said, the land may be cheap from my suburbia hell standards, but at the same time, the car is too. This makes sense in my mind... but probably to no one else. lol sorry!

But also, It depends on the kind of land the guy wants. Lets say for arguement sake, the car is worth $80k. You can get yourself a decent plot of land for that kind of money. I'm not too sure about the shop/barn though seeing as I've never built one. My brother did buy a plot of hunting land with full capabilities to build on for under $50k up around my area. But you never know what people are willing to trade for these days. Anybody up for an Fbody swap?!?

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

i want to see proof of "0" miles. lol the owner should have shown a dash picture wth the miles or lack thereof i should say.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    i want to see proof of "0" miles. lol the owner should have shown a dash picture wth the miles or lack thereof i should say.
    That is almost impossible... At my dealer, even after delivery, the cars have 2 or 3 miles on them before they even hit the lot. So I'd have to call BS on 0!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

That is almost impossible... At my dealer, even after delivery, the cars have 2 or 3 miles on them before they even hit the lot. So I'd have to call BS on 0!
    Maybe he trailored it straight out of SLP's shop?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Maybe he trailored it straight out of SLP's shop?
    Well the miles get put on before the cars are loaded on the car haulers, but who the hell knows. I just like throwing the BS card out there!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Well the miles get put on before the cars are loaded on the car haulers, but who the hell knows. I just like throwing the BS card out there!
    I agree with you, even out of the factory, it would have to have miles, even if it's like 0.3... or he could be rounding to the nearest hundred

Thread Information