Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Hit my new personal best today 138 mph

Getting on the interstate today I nailed it and hit 138 mph. I was going to bury the spedo but caught a wind gust and had to shut it down. Man what a rush !

125 mph today racing a dodge ram truck
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 12-20-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    Getting on the interstate today I nailed it and hit 138 mph. I was going to bury the spedo but caught a wind gust and had to shut it down. Man what a rush !
    Ya got me beat. But considering the fastest my 03 has ever been was on the track since I don't road race mine was in the 1/4 at 132. How many miles did it take for you to reach 138?

Been reading your posts today. Very entertaining especially the bike kills in a stock SS. Having owned a ZX-11 and driven Gixxer 750 and 1000's, R1, ZX-7, I find it quite amusing especially when a 600 would rip the ass off cars making 200 more rwhp than a stock SS. Hum?

I pass through GA occasionally, I hope I'm never on the same 10 mile stretch of road you are on because I value my life too much. I have a feeling you'll be peering through a set of bars or be residing behind a church real soon.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 12-20-2006 at 09:03 AM.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Lord knows they drop dead everyday in Germany and Montana.

once in a while I gotta rip it up, it is certainly a rush...
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Ya got me beat. But considering the fastest my 03 has ever been was on the track since I don't road race mine was in the 1/4 at 132. How many miles did it take for you to reach 138?

Been reading your posts today. Very entertaining especially the bike kills in a stock SS. Having owned a ZX-11 and driven Gixxer 750 and 1000's, R1, ZX-7, I find it quite amusing especially when a 600 would rip the ass off cars making 200 more rwhp than a stock SS. Hum?

I pass through GA occasionally, I hope I'm never on the same 10 mile stretch of road you are on because I value my life too much. I have a feeling you'll be peering through a set of bars or be residing behind a church real soon.
    get a roll cage on that stock SS...

HO LS1 White Lt1
    99Z28 97SS #497

Nice!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

miles lol thats funny.... my car will not do 132 mph in the 1/4 but will do 100 mph so you do the math and figure how many miles..about the bikes I think I was there not you, never said and dont know exactly what kind of bikes they were....and you could be residing behind a church just as easy. Just because you race on a track does not make u immune to death. You must not value your life to much if u race on a track. Just as you look down on me for street racing, people with no interest in racing will say u r taking a great chance on a track. Dont be a hypocrite .....and where some video of the 132 mph ?????....almost forgot hit 125 mph today racing some dude in a dodge ram truck. he did pretty good for a truck we kicked it in a straight and I was about 10 cars ahead of him. Sorry but I didnt get year of truck, drivers name, his ss #, hp of his motor, exacltly how far we raced, kind of oil he used etc......I was on my way to work didnt have time to stop and chat. I know people on here wont believe it if I dont get details o ya and didnt get any pics was kinda the spur of the race moment
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 12-20-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    get a roll cage on that stock SS...
    hey great idea

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

145 in my z

152-154 when I was racing one time... it was so fast is was a sin
    ooohh it was scary, open space TX yah!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

your quote from another post of yours
    "I don't street race anyway and one of the reasosn is I have zero traction in the first four gears up to 100"

And here I was thinking u raced at the track only because of safety reasons
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 12-20-2006 at 06:50 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I drive my SS like grampa, slow and easy. But one day I took the car up to the end of the speedometer and then slowed back to normal. It was a rush and I do not plan to do that again.

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

@fedge

It is false what you had said!Here in Germany is it not dangerous to drive on German highway (Autobahn).Come to Germany and I will show you that!The normal speed here is, when it is legal to go the speed what I want, 100 to 120 mph. What I go, 150 mph over a long time, is very rare and I drive it only when the highway is not full of cars!A high different speed between cars is dangerous!We in Germany must pass other cars only on the left side and when it enough room for driving we must go to the right side of the road.You in US so I know, can pass other cars left and right, so this is dangerous to.In Germany drive the most cars on the right side so you can go higher speed on the left side and all the other drivers know that!What is the normal speed of your highways in US?

Carsten
    Last edited by Camarocarsten; 12-21-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Am I the only guy that hauls ass all the time? Im going like 130 every chance I get....

Silver
    1999 Camaro

16 years old.....thats why!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

sry pumped03 im with rrgrey on the bike thing........YES a 600 or better is definitly faster than a stock ss........MUCH faster.....dosnt mean the guy riding it knew how to does it? shortly after i got my car i handed an ass whoopin to a guy at work with an r6 that has been riding bikes for as long as ive been workin with him..5-6 yrs ....is he a good rider? i have no clue...he didnt ride it anywhere near its potentional though.....from what ive read and seen at the track a 600 is capable of high 10s..and a 1000 cc..forget about it.......easily into the 9s..so yeah it would take a 5-600 horse ls1 to keep up with a 600cc bike with an amazing rider on it.......he never said his car is faster than those bikes he raced.....he said he beat them .....ive also been SMOOOOOOOKED by a cbr900 cc bike in my 99 6 speed z about 5 yrs ago...he did a wheelie next to me while i was grabbin 2nd around 65 mph ...rediculous.........oh and in my 99 i past the 155mph on the speedo once and have been 150 plus 3 or 4 other times .......in my lingenfelter z i think the highest ive gone is about 135-140...no need to see how fast it can go...prolly 180ish......way to fast to be safe in this car

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    sry pumped03 im with rrgrey on the bike thing........YES a 600 or better is definitly faster than a stock ss........MUCH faster.....dosnt mean the guy riding it knew how to does it? shortly after i got my car i handed an ass whoopin to a guy at work with an r6 that has been riding bikes for as long as ive been workin with him..5-6 yrs ....is he a good rider? i have no clue...he didnt ride it anywhere near its potentional though.....from what ive read and seen at the track a 600 is capable of high 10s..and a 1000 cc..forget about it.......easily into the 9s..so yeah it would take a 5-600 horse ls1 to keep up with a 600cc bike with an amazing rider on it.......he never said his car is faster than those bikes he raced.....he said he beat them .....ive also been SMOOOOOOOKED by a cbr900 cc bike in my 99 6 speed z about 5 yrs ago...he did a wheelie next to me while i was grabbin 2nd around 65 mph ...rediculous.........oh and in my 99 i past the 155mph on the speedo once and have been 150 plus 3 or 4 other times .......in my lingenfelter z i think the highest ive gone is about 135-140...no need to see how fast it can go...prolly 180ish......way to fast to be safe in this car
    thanks.....also what people didnt know is I did some pretty goods moves getting around some other cars we ran up on. It wasnt just a straight side by side race.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdsc44 View Post
    16 years old.....thats why!
    exactly

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Buried my SS 3 times. One time I estimate about 175, buried in 6th at about 5 grand. Damn 155 speedo.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

6th at 5k????? 6th at 6200 is like 270mph last i figured it out..LOL...are u running 456 gears or somthing?

Black/Black
    1999 Z28 M6 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Camarocarsten View Post
    @fedge

It is false what you had said!Here in Germany is it not dangerous to drive on German highway (Autobahn).Come to Germany and I will show you that!The normal speed here is, when it is legal to go the speed what I want, 100 to 120 mph. What I go, 150 mph over a long time, is very rare and I drive it only when the highway is not full of cars!A high different speed between cars is dangerous!We in Germany must pass other cars only on the left side and when it enough room for driving we must go to the right side of the road.You in US so I know, can pass other cars left and right, so this is dangerous to.In Germany drive the most cars on the right side so you can go higher speed on the left side and all the other drivers know that!What is the normal speed of your highways in US?

Carsten

I love the autobahn, buried it past the 155 speedo on more than one occasion....where are you located in germany? i'm in the k-town area? also where around here can i get a dyno tune? appreciate it. thanks

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information