Thread: High 11s?

whitelightning

High 11s?

I have added a number of mods to my 01 SS and acheived 12.80s w/street tires @ 24 lbs. The mods are as follows:

CAI,LID,smooth bellows, irridium plugs, MSD wires,Kooks headers, SLP L/M,SFCs,loop,mail off computer tune & BMR cross member/torque arm/LCAs.

My first question is, With these mods is the car running as fast as it should?
    (If not I must not be driving it correctly)

I do have a GMHTP article on an 01 SS M6 cutting 12.97 on radials!

My second question is the only other thing I would like to do is a fat cam/tune, throttle body and 3:73 gears so would this get me to the 11s?

I know this has probably been asked a million time before but your input is greatly appreciated.

Whitelightning

Silver
    2002 Z28

Get some radials on your car and see what it's running now... It's been done before, your biggest issue will be keeping your 10 bolt in one piece, as you'll need to launch hard to get the 60' times you'll need to head into 11 territory

white
    2001 camaross

Is it an auto or manual if its an auto do a stall with 3:73s if a M6 do 4:11s.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

auto or manual? what was your 60ft and trap speed? If you worreid about et..do all the suspension work to hook. If you can hook really well...your et will lower a lot...and by hook well...I mean 1.5-1.6 60ft.

whitelightning
    Its an M6 and my 60 ft times never fell under 2.0. My best speed was 109 and change when I threw it into 4th early @ 5K rpm. on another run. Are 1.6 60ft. time possible w/street tires? Mine are P275-40/17 YOKOs w/the 98W wear rating. I know that a set of NITTO drag radials will change everything but I havent lowered the gears and stud girdled the diffy yet so I wanted to take it easy on it w/street tires for now.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightning
    Its an M6 and my 60 ft times never fell under 2.0. My best speed was 109 and change when I threw it into 4th early @ 5K rpm. on another run. Are 1.6 60ft. time possible w/street tires? Mine are P275-40/17 YOKOs w/the 98W wear rating. I know that a set of NITTO drag radials will change everything but I havent lowered the gears and stud girdled the diffy yet so I wanted to take it easy on it w/street tires for now.
    no..i'm talking about slicks..if you want to do it on street tires...you'll need more more power... the guy that ran a 12.x in a bone stock 98 z and 01ss had sub 2.0 60ft. If you can hook..you'll need less power...if you want to do it on street tires, you'll need more power. I would get yourself a better rear. thats my next mod, i did a lid, cat back and now i'm saving for a rear.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Sounds right to me. Only real power adding mods you have are lid and headers. My friend runs 12.8X's with just Jet Hot lts, Magniflow catback.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

GET A MOSER 12 BOLT AND TIRES. SOME SUSPENSION AND A CLUTCH. THEN BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT. YOUL BE SURPRISED WHAT A STOCK LS1 CAN DO WITH THESE MODS. IVE SEEN 12.5 OR BETTER WITH LID CAT BACK TUNE AND THOSE MODS IN 410 RATIO

Thread Information