Thread: hiccup

red
    2002 z28

hiccup

hello all, i have a 02 z28 with 56k, it has the slp 400hp performance package. i just bought the car about 2 weeks ago, my problem is that the car seems to have a hiccup almost like its misfiring at idle. i can hear a clicking sound when it hiccups right before the rpm's drop, this happens about every 10-20 seconds. is this normal for the LS1?? could this just be bad plugs or maybe fuel injectors?

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by sund0wn View Post
    hello all, i have a 02 z28 with 56k, it has the slp 400hp performance package. i just bought the car about 2 weeks ago, my problem is that the car seems to have a hiccup almost like its misfiring at idle. i can hear a clicking sound when it hiccups right before the rpm's drop, this happens about every 10-20 seconds. is this normal for the LS1?? could this just be bad plugs or maybe fuel injectors?
    you actually paid close to 2000 bux on that?... yes it might be the plugs making you misfire...check em out ...or if your sensors are clogged...don't bother buying the sims for the rear...they broke on me...ima get it tuned soon...hope that works

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Is the clicking sound you're hearing, the A/C compressor clutch engaging?
    When the A/C is on, the compressor clutch cycles on and off. The PCM compensates for the increased load of the compressor by adjusting the idle.

red
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by jigger1166 View Post
    Is the clicking sound you're hearing, the A/C compressor clutch engaging?
    When the A/C is on, the compressor clutch cycles on and off. The PCM compensates for the increased load of the compressor by adjusting the idle.
    No the a/c is off when it happens but it does become more rapid if the a/c is turned on.. it really sounds and acts like a misfire.. im putting new plugs and wires in today, so maybe i will get lucky and thats all it is... i took it to a dealer and its not giving any misfire codes so the pcm says its all good..

Thread Information