Thread: Help Suspension

White
    98 Z28

Help Suspension

I am new to this so bare with me. (Female) I have a 98 Z28 that I have had heads, and cam a few other things done to my car so basically trying to say its not stock. Now I am looking to redo my suspension. Looking for suggestions. (street racer/strip racer) Not trying to go professional so be easy please.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Shocks & Struts: KYB
    Torque Arm: BMR or Spohn
    Lower Control Arms: Spohn (Boxed ones)
    Subframe Connectors: SLP (Diamond ones)
    Strut Tower Brace: BMR
    Sway Bars: Spohn

If you have the money for it, I'd suggest getting what you can in "Chrome Moly"...

White
    98 Z28

Thanks, I already have a BMR torque arm in place. I heard that i don't really need my A arms replaced. what do you think? after all I have had the cars seven years and even though I have rebuilt the engine (last year), trans( last year), rearend (this year) new paint, the suspension has 83K. Want to make sure the car will with stand the power

Yellow
    ZO6 Corvette

Shocks and sway bars Stacey..got to be able to steer that beast no matter what kind of power your putting down...

And if you plan to lower the car...Bad for drag racing GREAT for road racing your choices of shock goes down considerably....Re-valved Bilstiens $ ~300 or Koni SA (Single adjustable) $$$ near ~800 or Koni DA (Double Adjustable, and prolly pver kill for most of us) $$$$$$..Ive never priced them but Id guess 800 +

And I w/n put yourself down for being ....:"Female".....I ride motorcycles with a few ladies who can out ride me all day....there are plenty of guys who know absolutly nothing about their cars too..we're all learning....gender got nuttin to do with it..it all attitude!
    Last edited by BitViper; 03-20-2006 at 07:59 AM.

daryl2cb
    get some umi lca's, and panhard, cheaper and better than spohn, get a nice shock like the koni's, or bilstein's swaybars, yes, but you can get some other things first.

White
    98 Z28

Not saying it bad to be a female, just saying bear with me I know a lot about cars and have grown up with my brothers and dad drag racing. I will agree nothing is better than racing with the limo tint windows up and stomping a guy than rolling down the window and smiling. Trust me I got attitude. LOL Just wanted to inform people I am not alwyas up to the terminology in everything. Thank you for the info though its greatly appreciated. Anymore? willing to take good advice.

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

You already have the torque arm, so from there go with:

Sub Frame Connectors
    Strut Tower Brace
    Lower Control Arms
    Panhard Rod
    Springs
    Shocks

You will be amazed at how much better your car will handle and put power to the ground. As for what brand of everything, start shopping around and see what's best for you. Good luck.

White
    98 Z28

Thanks, I am looking into BMR for everything and starting to price out. I heard i should check out PST ever heard of them? I have the book in front of me, but I think I am liking BMR more.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Im curious, to complete my suspension (well the oreder i made), im wondering if i should get the adjustable or non adj, torque arm. I drag monthly at the strip and drive as aggressive as ever. So im trying to find out if its worth it to get adj.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

get hte adjustable torque arm. that way, you can play with the pinion angle to get the best traction as well. i have a sticky in the suspension section that outlines all the parts.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information