Red
    2002 Z28

Help on list of Goodies

So I'm getting ready to sell my Dakota and once its sold I should have about 7k to put into the Maro since I have to give part of it to the wife. But I wanted some opinions on what I should do. I already plan on getting the C6 wheels chrome 17's and 18's. I think I'm going to go ahead and get some Pacesetters and the Off road Y and possibly get the Hot Cam and order an SLP grille Volant intake and order a bigger TB. Any input would be greatly appreciated

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Anything that makes her faster, shiney, or look sexy, is money well spent. Maybe forced induction?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1227 View Post
    So I'm getting ready to sell my Dakota and once its sold I should have about 7k to put into the Maro since I have to give part of it to the wife. But I wanted some opinions on what I should do. I already plan on getting the C6 wheels chrome 17's and 18's. I think I'm going to go ahead and get some Pacesetters and the Off road Y and possibly get the Hot Cam and order an SLP grille Volant intake and order a bigger TB. Any input would be greatly appreciated
    Go heads/cam/intake/exhaust and a tune
    Get the wheels later

If your not doing an intake then just port and polish your stock TB.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

if it isn't dropped already you will need it, these cars look weird with staggered wheels and no drop I used to have the y2k's

white
    2000 Z28

check the specs on the hot cam. i am sure that any cam needs new valve train for support. the cam and supporting mods are probably gonna be about 1200 for parts alone. that is brand new though. is that cam just for a little bit of pep not a big power gain?

Red
    2002 Z28

The cam is just for a small gain don't really want anything big I'm just wanting some basic bolt ons

What drop would be best

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

The cam is just for a small gain don't really want anything big I'm just wanting some basic bolt ons

What drop would be best
    My personal opinion is to get Strano springs with koni shocks. Best combo based on many peoples thoughts here. Check the strano website, there are lots of deals and combos there.

Red
    2002 Z28

So irregardless of what cam I use I am going to have to switch out heads and what not?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So irregardless of what cam I use I am going to have to switch out heads and what not?
    No just the valve springs, pushrods timing chain and you should do the oil pump just because they wear out. Are you paying someone to do the cam swap?

Red
    2002 Z28

I was probably going to pay someone KYspeed is only two hours from me so I was considering them. I had just planned on using the money to get the rims and tires and then headers and y pipe because I already have a magnaflow cat back then just do the cam swap then switch my lid but that something I know I can do. I just never have done a cam swap and I don't feel confident in doing it. lol

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I was probably going to pay someone KYspeed is only two hours from me so I was considering them. I had just planned on using the money to get the rims and tires and then headers and y pipe because I already have a magnaflow cat back then just do the cam swap then switch my lid but that something I know I can do. I just never have done a cam swap and I don't feel confident in doing it. lol
    Most shops charge over $100 an hour and they quote about 6-8 hours to do the work. It is not cheap make sure you know the cam you get is what makes you happy.
    Last edited by c5z28; 09-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Red
    2002 Z28

So maybe I should hold off on the cam swap? The guys at KYSpeed seem pretty good as they PM'd me about helping me out with anything I need so that makes me want to lean in that direction but if it takes my 7k to get the headers y, cam, wheels and tires I may go that route

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So maybe I should hold off on the cam swap? The guys at KYSpeed seem pretty good as they PM'd me about helping me out with anything I need so that makes me want to lean in that direction but if it takes my 7k to get the headers y, cam, wheels and tires I may go that route
    How is all that you listed 7k? Make a list of everything to get a real price so you know what your in for.

Red
    2002 Z28

I'm not saying that all I listed is 7k I did some figuring today and for all I'm wanting to do I should have a lil extra left

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

if it was me...i would ask myself ifi want to go faster or if i wanted the car to look better..

so if u want speed...get a cam and whatnot and tackle that all at wonce then get rims/tires later

OR

if u want to look better maybe get rims/tires, lower it, grill, and little things like stuff with the intake

imo atleast..

cuz then ur not throwing $ in all different directions

Red
    2002 Z28

I do want to go faster, however I already have put halo's and turn's on the car and really only want wheels and tires as the remaining appearance mod maybe lower the car but I do not want to go extremely low. So I figure I get the engine mod's I want done and then get the wheels and I kinda get best of both worlds

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah i didnt know you already switched out the headlights and etc... in that case go for it...

i'm in the same spot actually as you kind of but i'm leavning more toward appearence stuff like a black billet grill, halo lamps/turnsignals/back-side markers, and the shocks need to be replaced so while i'm having that fixed i'll throw in good shocks and lowering springs

and i wanted c6 z06 style rims since i bought the car but i ended up buying firestone firehawk (love those tires) for my small 16" rims..... so i basically wasted $600 in tires.... i did it tho cuz my cars tires didnt hold air for more than a day when i bought the car.....

where were you planning on buying the rims... how much do they run out of curiousity

Red
    2002 Z28

I had been looking at the ones on ebay they run around 1300-1500. Right now I am leaving my stock grille I just painted it gloss black this past weekend and kinda like it so I'm leaving it for right now.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah i love those c6 z06 ones (or i think thats what they are i might be mistaken) i was going to just get some knock offs on ebay for around $600..... but idk

Thread Information