Black
    2000 ss camaro

Help a Kid out plz!

I'm 16 y/o, from NC, and new to the forum. I just got my first car, a 2000 SS Camaro. My parents got me the car from Copart and it was wrecked but it has minimal damage so it is in the repair stages. I am planning to do the mechanical upgrades on the car myself with my dad and would like some opinions and advice from anyone willing to help.

We would like to put long tube headers, a 4.10 gear,and like a 90/10 shock or something like that on the front.

We would like to get the car in the 12's without having to do any engine work. Is this possible?

My parents both work in racing (on engines). I have been through 2 driving courses and will be doing all my 'playing' at the drag strip..., not on the street. Thanks!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 SS CAMARO View Post
    I'm 16 y/o, from NC, and new to the forum. I just got my first car, a 2000 SS Camaro. My parents got me the car from Copart and it was wrecked but it has minimal damage so it is in the repair stages. I am planning to do the mechanical upgrades on the car myself with my dad and would like some opinions and advice from anyone willing to help.

We would like to put long tube headers, a 4.10 gear,and like a 90/10 shock or something like that on the front.

We would like to get the car in the 12's without having to do any engine work. Is this possible?

My parents both work in racing (on engines). I have been through 2 driving courses and will be doing all my 'playing' at the drag strip..., not on the street. Thanks!
    Yes to the part I put in bold. I assume since you are looking at 4.10s that its a manual tranny. Long tubes, LS6 intake, tuning and traction should get you in the 12s with no internal motor work. Traction, 4.10s and manual tranny mean that rearend is going to go boom real fast though.

Black
    2000 ss camaro

automatic transmission. What breaks in the rear-end? Is it the gears or the axles? Thanks!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It's a 7.5" diff the whole thing sucks. Most people go with 3.73's with an auto.
    70mph 3.73=2393
    70mph 4.10=2630
    4.10's would be good for the 1/4 but you might be hating life if you intend to drive it on the street. When getting gears get oem Richmonds howl almost always even when in spec.

Black
    2000 ss camaro

Well I was planning on getting 2 rear ends for the car so if I ever plan on driving a long distance I could just swap rear ends. Thanks for the facts they where much needed.

Thread Information