Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Question Headlight Question - Just installed projectors..

I just bought these headlights.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

The low beam output is just ok. Do I need to aim them better and they will resemble stock, or am I correct in thinking that the H3 is not very good... I hope not, I really like the way these look too. I was also thinking if I could add HID to the low beam setup on these lights. Can I order an H3 HID kit that is of good quality and install it? Thanks for the help, I was thinking about these HIDs but not jumping the gun just yet if I can aim these a little better.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...spagenameZWDVW

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

I would have just went with HID's. They are plug and play no mess of fuss, and they look great!!!!
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

i have aftermarket headlights and i installed Hid on them ..

plug&play

here is a picture of H1 - 6000k :

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Quote Originally Posted by SSNAKEATER23 View Post
    I would have just went with HID's. They are plug and play no mess of fuss, and they look great!!!!
    I def. would have but the projectors with HIDs I found did not say who made the bulbs, etc. I didn't want something that would have broken in a week or something. So what can I fit in the projector spot, it came with H3 bulbs, do I need H3's or can I put H1's or factory size in there for HID? Thanks.

Would a 100w H3 bulb work or be any better? Or would H3 HID be the best option for me.. Thanks!
    Last edited by aerojt; 04-16-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I had those projectors for awhile. The H3 bulb sucks when it comes to using it as a headlight. Its used mostly for fog lights which is ok. But as a headlight its not that great. I ended up selling them. I ran HIDs in mine and the light output was to narrow. I found it hard to see at times. The stock lights have much better light output than these. THE HID bulb is better than the halogen bulb. The sonar projectors are better since they use an H1 bulb wich is better.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Just sent you a pm on tech. Does anyone know of any Sonar H1s that are black??

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    Just sent you a pm on tech. Does anyone know of any Sonar H1s that are black??
    I have one black. I've posted pictures of it as well.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up H1 hid halo projectors!

These have the H1 bulb, I got them on ebay also! I then added a 20000K DEEP blue HID kit to them. With the projector they look awesome. I also added a blue 194 smd LED bulb between the high's and low's! It came with an ugly halogen 194 bulb in the driving light between the halo's. The pic does not do justice the halo rings are blue and the middle LED is very blue. The 3 Led's on the outside edge are white. There not the CCFL halo's but cheaper and good looking, I think! I have seen these in black also. Mine are the chrome ones I will add a pic of them in the daytime as well.
    Last edited by nillam1; 05-11-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    These have the H1 bulb, I got them on ebay also! I then added a 20000K DEEP blue HID kit to them. With the projector they look awesome. I also added a blue 194 smd LED bulb between the high's and low's! It came with an ugly halogen 194 bulb in the driving light between the halo's. The pic does not do justice the halo rings are blue and the middle LED is very blue. The 3 Led's on the outside edge are white. There not the CCFL halo's but cheaper and good looking, I think! I have seen these in black also. Mine are the chrome ones I will add a pic of them in the daytime as well. Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size
    Yeah unless you do something about that middle projector light these things look kind of ugly. I had them on my car and the projector light went out, and the light was too narrow like the previous guy said. The rubber molding around them also fell apart after like a half a year. In my opinion I would just get the stock headlights cleaned/or buy new ones, and put the HID kit in those. I don't know though...maybe I received a shitty pair?

Black
    1999 SS

Where did you get these headlights from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayed_000 View Post
    i have aftermarket headlights and i installed Hid on them ..

plug&play

here is a picture of H1 - 6000k :
    Click for full size

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    Yeah unless you do something about that middle projector light these things look kind of ugly. I had them on my car and the projector light went out, and the light was too narrow like the previous guy said. The rubber molding around them also fell apart after like a half a year. In my opinion I would just get the stock headlights cleaned/or buy new ones, and put the HID kit in those. I don't know though...maybe I received a shitty pair?
    I am very happy with these lights, they look even more blue in real life as to pic. You may have got a bad set but mine are still perfect after year and a half. The light looks amazing especially when driving, they even out shine my high beams!

Thread Information