Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harness bar

red
    2002 camaro ss

Harness bar

does anyone make a harness bar for the camaro?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

huh? More details needed

red
    2002 camaro ss

racing seatbelt harness bar that goes behind the front seats, to install 3inch harness, for now i bolted them to the orig back seat belt bolts that are in the floor, i know this is not the correct way to install them, just didnt want to put roll cage in car, want to know if anyone has gone thru this

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Try wolf or S&W

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

try 6ledesigns...

red
    2002 camaro ss

thanks guys

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

We have one.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

I have the original LG Harness Bar, and its a great form meets function design. There is a person selling theirs over on tech but is askign $350. Mine is not for sale but I picked mine up for $200 shipped.

6LE has a fabricated one, loosely based off the LG design as Sommer has said above. should be on thier website.

red
    2002 camaro ss

LG MOTORSPORTS has the clean looking harness bar that goes straight across, with grommet holes for the corvette called sharkbar, looks nice, they had one for the camaro .but discontinued, i tried to paste a picture of thr sharkbar, but dont know how, anyway if you want to see it, go to LG motorsports, type in harness bar, i would love to have that sharkbar for my ss, anyone got one?
    Last edited by camaross1; 08-06-2010 at 08:14 AM.

red
    2002 camaro ss

hey sommer 6LE, check out the shark bar, (harness bar) at LG motorsports, if you guys made one like that i would buy it now, i like the straight across design, and the holes in the plastic are round and clean, with grommet, looks good, not saying your product isnt nice,too.

NBM
    1998 Z28

No offense to anyone but the LG bar (the f-body bar they had, I don't know what the shark bar was) looked like garbage.

Two huge square tubes sticking out with a bent bar welded on. Looks like it was made from parts left over from a swing set or something. Welds looked a little goobered on there as well which I guess you want more than less considering it being extra pieces like that it could break.

Ours was designed by CMJ that makes race bars/cages/etc... for a living AND race themselves and win. Ours is one smooth bar welded on to thick plates (as opposed to a bar welded to square tube welded to plates) for a reason, your safety AND aesthetics.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

potatoe, potato...no one is saying anything negative about either...simply the availability of an HB for f-bodies.

as for the 'shark-bar', i had to look that up. it's only for corvettes.

NBM
    1998 Z28

^^Honestly, they are both a dumb idea. We made it just because it was requested but either one you're bolting a huge bar to flimsy sheet metal (yeah, the factory belts are there as well, it is horrible IMHO).

We just recommend people use a real bar and be safe...

red
    2002 camaro ss

hey 6le, do me a favor, click on the lg logo, down on left type in shark bar, and take a LOOK at that please, before all neg. comments, and i would like to know your comment after you have seen it, thank you for your time,,,,,terry

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    hey 6le, do me a favor, click on the lg logo, down on left type in shark bar, and take a LOOK at that please, before all neg. comments, and i would like to know your comment after you have seen it, thank you for your time,,,,,terry
    I don't think he was being negative... just implying that the use of this particular bar is not recommended to anyone who legitmately needs this type of harness. As he stated, it attatches to sheet metal and not to a roll cage, which in a real world situation, isn't the safest.

That's at least what I got from the comment. I'm no pro since I've never installed one, just what I understood from reading it.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Quote Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER View Post
    ^^Honestly, they are both a dumb idea.
    We just recommend people use a real bar and be safe...

Well technically if you are fast enough to require the 5 point harness, then you are supposed to have the roll bar too anyway, because they are both teched and required at 11.49 or quicker for hartops and 13.49 or quicker for verts last time I checked.

So why anyone would want a 5 point harness without the rollbar also required by NHRA is beyond comprehension in my eyes.

Not to mention, the last time I had my race car teched (been years ago) those shoulder belts need to be anchored so many inches from your shoulder height per NHRA. Too low (like at the rear of the floor as previously mentioned) won't fly at tech inspection. That's a dangerous scenario. If you really had to use them,,,they would crush your spine.

My opinion, do it right or take them out. Nobody wants to see all the flashy go stuff in a car that doesn't require it anyway

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well technically if you are fast enough to require the 5 point harness, then you are supposed to have the roll bar too anyway, because they are both teched and required at 11.49 or quicker for hartops and 13.49 or quicker for verts last time I checked.

So why anyone would want a 5 point harness without the rollbar also required by NHRA is beyond comprehension in my eyes.

Not to mention, the last time I had my race car teched (been years ago) those shoulder belts need to be anchored so many inches from your shoulder height per NHRA. Too low (like at the rear of the floor as previously mentioned) won't fly at tech inspection. That's a dangerous scenario. If you really had to use them,,,they would crush your spine.

My opinion, do it right or take them out. Nobody wants to see all the flashy go stuff in a car that doesn't require it anyway
    Exactly and when we made it the way it SHOULD be made (right behind the seats since belts should stretch no more than one inch) people complained they couldn't recline their seats Which, coming from the mentality of racing and safety, seemed ludicrous.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I don't think he was being negative... just implying that the use of this particular bar is not recommended to anyone who legitmately needs this type of harness. As he stated, it attatches to sheet metal and not to a roll cage, which in a real world situation, isn't the safest.

That's at least what I got from the comment. I'm no pro since I've never installed one, just what I understood from reading it.
    Exactly my intention... This bar is for someone who just wants the look or is running seats they can't run factory belts with.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    Is it this?

If so looks fine as at least the bar is welded right to the plate, not a bar welded to square tube (at a stress point) and then a plate.

Honestly not trying to sell (I stopped paying sponsorship as we've been gearing the shop down so I can do other stuff full time) but I just think our design...

Is much cleaner and safer than "their" design...

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE LG, they make some REALLY great stuff and I have their parts on their car. This is just one piece I was never a fan of and we people asked us to bring it back I decided to make it better IMHO.

red
    2002 camaro ss

i just dont like the big ugly hole you have to cut out for your bar 6le, anyway im over this subject, and thank you all, and i agree with you 6le on one thing that was one ugly piece lg put out way back, yours is much cleaner, i might even make my own, who knows, if i can make it like the snake, straight across,,,,,terry tgif

Thread Information