Thread: Halo Headligts

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Halo Headligts

I know you probably seen this thread a million times, but I am really clueless on how to put these in. I bought a pair of G-Force Halo Headlights, and I am not really sure how to install them. They gave me some vague directions, but it looks like it was photocopied horribly so I can't make out what it says. They also came with some bumper lights for the turn signal (which I need, because of the blown bulb, and the 2 cracked lens') If you could give me some directions toward the right way of doing this I would greatly appreciate it. ^^

Black
    2000 / SS

Once you remove your stock headlights, measure out the alignments on the stock headlights, and make the new ones match it, they should go in a hell of a lot easier... It's retarded how you have to take out the headlights to get to the bumper lights, but they look real good once youve finished

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

so I won't have to take my whole bumper off to take the headlights out?

Black
    2000 / SS

Nope, if Im not mistaking, remove the 1 or 2 bolts that hold them in place, then the entire headlight slides in towards the center of the car and pulls out. I fought mine for a while but once you figure the first side out, the next one is cake

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

kk...then before I put the new ones in I need to change the bumper lights while the headlights are out?

Black
    2000 / SS

yeah def. theres 3 small screws that hold the bumper lights in, you might have to loosen the bolt that brings the bumper pieces together just to get some wiggle room to get the new lights to sit right but they arent that bad at all... Also, if you plan on just piggy-backing the halos to the running lights itd be a good idea to bring a wire up from the bumper lights now cos u wont be able to after the headlights on in. But some people put the halos on a seperate switch, i HATE running wires to and from the interior so I just piggybacked off the bumper lights

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

oh when I said "change out the bumper lights" I meant to say the whole bumper light assembly. The old ones are craced and I need to put these new ones I got in so the water doesn't come in and burn out the bulbs anymore. And what do you mean about "piggy-back" the daytime running lights? These Lights come with 2 connecters on them...and a bunch of other lose wires that it looks like I need to splice into something?? I have no idea...you can just see the copper wiring..

Black
    2000 / SS

You should only have to splice two wires, and just ground it wherever... Just find the hot wire for the bumper lights and splice w/ the scotchlocks.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Mine has 4 splice wires... 2 are at the bottom of the lights with each black/white wire going to each of the 2 main projecter beams. the other set is for these set of small circular 3 lights located at the end of the light. here is the link to see what they look like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...ayphotohosting . Mine already come with new brackets too...

Thread Information