Silver
    2000 SS

Granatelli MAF with cold air tune?

I have a K&N FIPK kit on my 2000 SS and i also have the Magnaflow Cat back. I am having a stumble at 2500-3000 RPMS. Will this help me or hinder my HP. Also is this better then the SLP MAF?

Please help....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Lehrman7556 View Post
    I have a K&N FIPK kit on my 2000 SS and i also have the Magnaflow Cat back. I am having a stumble at 2500-3000 RPMS. Will this help me or hinder my HP. Also is this better then the SLP MAF?

Please help....
    Try cleaning your stock MAF first Wouldn't change MAF's unless you get a tune since it can lean you out Stock MAF is good to about 500 hp or so, and if you were to change the MAF down the road, just do a Z06 85mm GM MAF if anything.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Silver
    2000 SS

Even if the MAF is Tuned for a cold air set up it can still lean out the motor? What do you think the stumble is form?

Down the road i want to put the BBK High flow Intake manifold on it with the 80 MM TB would A bigger MAF HELP?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Stay with the stock MAF.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Silver
    2000 SS

Would a Z06 MAF be better then stock? If have to buy a new one would a find a OEM MAF or go with a Z06 85MM MAF?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Nothing is better than the stock MAF.
    Either get a SD tune, or keep the stock MAF.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Leave the stock MAF on the car.

red
    2002 camaro ss

dont waste your money

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have had good luck with my Granatelli after my stock crapped out
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Yellow
    2015 Z06 Coming, 2014 Z51

Hi guys:

I have been gone for a while but did a quick search on my name and came across this thread. Please allow me to chime in. The idea behind the Granatelli MAF is increased airflow without leaning out the motor. Look at the market and competition.

Jet - This is a stock meter from GM with a sticker installed - not a thing is done to it - NOTHING. That means if you install a JET MAF you are paying extra for a decal

SLP - This is an 85mm MAF (same found on every 2001 to 2004 Vette and Chevy Truck) that has a resistor soldered across it in an attempt to richen it up. It is not flow bench calibrated and not 50 state legal - the fact that it is not 50 state legal is evidence that it is not calibrated.

Some say "just use a stock Z06 meter". Granatelli Motor Sports worked hand and hand with Delphi to calibrate and create the "Z06" meter. By definition, a Z06 meter IS a stock 85mm MAF with no screen from the factory. However this is a slight variation in the calibration within the meter and that is what we worked on with Delphi for GM. This is old news, we did this is work in 2002 (now I feel old)

http://www.gmsvideos.com/video/2689

This short video shows the MAF dyno and talks about the relationship between GMS and Delphi and Hitachi

The Granatelli MAF is the only 50 state legal MAF ever produced for the aftermarket. That means each and every meter is flow bench tested and calibrated - Even if you don't care about being 50 state legal, the fact that our meters are legal only goes to prove they are spot on calibrated. Therefore Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensors should not make the engine go lean.

We also offer many custom calibrations for cold air intakes. And while we do offer a generic Cold Air Calibration, we can and do offer custom calibrations for any intake system if you are willing to send in the intake to be flowed.

The concept behind the Granatelli meter is just that - YOU DON'T NEED A CUSTOM TUNE WITH OUR PRODUCT - We do that for you. Realize that we have been offering this service since 1985 well before EFI live, HP Tuners, LS1 Edit, Diablo and the rest.

So ya times have changed and you now have many more choices. I would be lying if I said a complete custom tune would not be the ultimate best way to go ....but.... rest assured the masses still do not want to goof with the ECM (more than less) Perhaps most of the people here that surf the tech boards are more inclined to do custom tunes.

In short, Granatelli has the right meter for you. 82mm or 85mm, stock type, Z06 type, hi-flow etc. It is hard to believe I take a year off and all the misinformation gets out again.

We are not just another ported meter

Thread Information