Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Frustrating day for the Olde Z28

well... I just about experience the most frustrating few days I've ever had with my car... Bad Missfire... hopefull that the suspension would go on fine... and only get Charged $130...for full Suspension install/Spark Plugs

well NUTS to me... the Missfire is pretty much gone after 2 days of "work" on it... the Mechanic finally got it to go away...but there's still some little hint of it in Idle...(the car goes bellow 500rpm)... that's just a little frustrating...

What's More frustrating... as every suspension piece went on pretty easilly... in the Rear... the Front was a difrent story as he found RUST had moved into the top Shock mounts(stock shocks with 50Kmiles) that bolt to the A-arm...Driver side was done by hacking... then the Passanger side was a horror story with RUST completly engulfing(spelling) the Shock, Nut and Mounth.. making it imposible to remove... so my car is curently 75% lowered... LOL...

as the Stock Passanger side had to be left on(spring/Shock)...until I can buy the part... which will probably be expensive... and I'M BROKE...and I have to get my car Inspected and PAY $170 for the Tags...and I don't have a real JOB currently...

ANYWAYS... as soon as this horror show is done...and I adjust the UMI Panhard... I'll post pics of it... so all of you can enjoy...While I get over the frustration and try to hold back the URGE to sell the CAR

Black
    2005 GTO

The nut on the top of the shock can be a bitch. I had the same problem, one side I had to cut the nut of because it was rusted and I ended up striping it. The other side the actually shaft for the shock was rusted to the inner metal washer in the top rubber mount. I would suggest going to a junk yard and pulling out a shock assembly to get that top mount that you need. It cost me all of $20 when I did mine. The dealer told me that you could not buy just the top rubber mount that you had to buy the whole upper a-arm which I think was like $300+. This could be total bs since the dealer has been wrong before.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    The nut on the top of the shock can be a bitch. I had the same problem, one side I had to cut the nut of because it was rusted and I ended up striping it. The other side the actually shaft for the shock was rusted to the inner metal washer in the top rubber mount. I would suggest going to a junk yard and pulling out a shock assembly to get that top mount that you need. It cost me all of $20 when I did mine. The dealer told me that you could not buy just the top rubber mount that you had to buy the whole upper a-arm which I think was like $300+. This could be total bs since the dealer has been wrong before.
    FK THAT!... I'd definetly go Junkyard hunting... if it saves me freaking $280... I'm gonna go to the A/C Delco distribuitor tomorow... to see what they say... last thing I got from them was a simple body Brace...and it cost $150...

so I'm praying to GOD cause I ain't got nothing left...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Well I just spent $250...on the top Stock Plate thing... only to find that the other side is busted TOO... so it's gonna be making a god awful noise...until I gather up enough cash to replace it too... my life sucks right now...

Last edited by Rikki_SeVeN; 08-24-2007 at 03:25 AM.

Pewter
    02 Z28

that sucks dude

Thread Information