Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter
    2001 Z28

First LS1 experience

This might sound stupid, but I remember when I was in high school and a 02 camaro was brand new. I was at a chevy dealsership and was drooling over a 02 SS black with black leather interior, six speed with the factory plastic still on the seats. Good times. Economy was great, fuck that was good times. feel free to post up good ls1 times. Sorry guys having a couple beers and reminiscing.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My first great LS1 experience is when I first learned what turning off the TCS/ASR button did to the handling of the car

Pewter
    2001 Z28

My car doesnt have ASR which equals alot of sideways action. Especially the first day I got my headers on in slight rain, holy shit almost shit my pants and also banged my head on side of t top. Good times. I love LS1 camaros.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Haha yeah..BTW - Thanks for reminding me I need to be drinking right now. Got up and got a cold one after reading this.

LS1's are great. I have had tons of great experiences since I bought mine new in 2002. I wish I would have drove it more, but I have been driving it a lot since 2008.

I have also had some headaches with it, but nothing too overwhelming. Everything is good to go on it now and it's back on the street and running strong. It is just so amazing how much there is to learn about these great vehicles.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Too bad for me there making another Z28, not that I would ever sell my car if I had the choice.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    Too bad for me there making another Z28, not that I would ever sell my car if I had the choice.
    I thought the same when I first heard the Camaro was coming back out. I still have the last 35th Anv. Ed. 4th gen though, and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Yeah bro, thats what Im talking about.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Come on guys theres gotta be more than two people who have something to say on this.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Did I mention I bought my 02 SS without even knowing how to drive a stick? Best friend went with me to look at it and he test drove it. He also drove it home for me.

Learned that night at around midnight in a large school parking lot.

black
    02 vette vert

bought mine last october. had lots of experience with old school small blocks, never did a big block though. i thought if im going to get back into a hot-rod it didnt matter if it was an LT1 or LS1, just a newer version with the LS1 i thought. either way it would be an F-body. then i drove one. my first reaction was: what the fuck is wrong with this car? is it supposed to be this fast?

SOM
    2002 SS

My older brother ordered a brand new 97 ss 30th anniv black/black every single option incl all the ss options. memories for sure. I ended up buying a 93 vette a few years later when I finished high school but always loved the camaros. Brother ended up smacking a wall at Mosport raceway and writing it off but the parts live on in his wifes 94z. I just picked up a 01 6 speed as a daily driver and I love it !!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

I remember being just out of high school and waiting for my 01 SS To get to the dealer so I could pick her up!

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

my friend had a 95 LT1 6 spd camaro that i loved and it really turned me on to camaros... but that wasnt my first LS1 experience..

my first LS1 experience was test driving my current car from the guy who i bought it from... thats when i knew i was going to buy that car

hahah

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

im having a all new one with the new camaro im starting to see more and more of them

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    This might sound stupid, but I remember when I was in high school and a 02 camaro was brand new. I was at a chevy dealsership and was drooling over a 02 SS black with black leather interior, six speed with the factory plastic still on the seats. Good times. Economy was great, fuck that was good times. feel free to post up good ls1 times. Sorry guys having a couple beers and reminiscing.
    I did the same thing with an 02 SS red back in '02 at main motors in Anoka, I took it out for a test drive as well. I was hooked on LS1's ever since I took that thing for a spin.

White
    2002 Z28

I bought an 01 Camaro Z28 in September of 01. It was a leftover and I got a great deal. I was always a Ford guy so that was a huge leap of faith for me.

I went to a Camaro Show in August of 2002 and I got a coupon for an additional $1000 off on a new Camaro. I had financed my 01 and the payments were $420 a month for 60 months. In late September I went to a local dealer and bought the 13th Vin number from the last Camaro made. Pewter silver. With the coupon my payments went from $420 per month to $425 per month for 48 months. Basically for $240 I moved up 1 model year and dropped 10,000 miles off my car. No money down.

That was one of the best cars I've ever owned. It ran 13.6 stock and with just a catback, lid and the FRAM mod ran 13.0 at 109.

My 02 now has been great too. The LSX is the modern day Hemi 426. These cars are beyond belief.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Greatest car I ever owned. Ordered it new in a few days before my birthday. I test drove 6 or7 02 camaros and ss models, never did find a z28 before I ordered it. No regrets.
    I did have a faster car before the LS1, but i get 23mpg on the highway, I don't have to fix it much and it still overpowers most new cars.
    Never Sell It!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

When i first went to go look at my car and the owner hit the garage door button and the first thing i saw was this black grill with SS on it and then rawr! started it and my heart SSkipped two beats! lol after that i said sold and I love my car to death and if I had the choice I would never get rid of it Unfortunatley its for sale cause of our lovley economy. But I always have the future for another one or NEW LS3(dont hate on them either there still camaros!)

1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

I just bought my first LS1 this past month. 98 SS A4 and I love it, had other muscle cars but these are fun. Wish I coulda got a 6 speed, but this way I can trust my gf driving it once in a while.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Well for me it would be the 1st time I test drove my '01 SOM SS. i had totalled my Lt Z28 and i thought it had balls,but no were near my 01.

talking about TC. i remember the first time i learned about it. i was pulling out of a gas station and some lil kids around the age of 7 were drooling over my car.they asked me to do a burn out and i did,wait no i didnt.Stupid me didn't turn off the tc off and it killed the engine...lol! boy was i embarrassed.lucky for me they were lil kids and not a hot chick.

Thread Information