Red
    2002 Z28

First List of Mod's Any Suggestions

So I'm getting ready to order up my first bit of mod's for the maro and I'm just wondering what you guys think and suggestions you might have. It's a lil more difficult to pick stuff out for the maro since there is so much more in aftermarket compared to the Dakota but here we go:
    The Halo Headlights black with the halo in the middle like this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...#ht_3715wt_832
    Also black turn signals and rear bumper lights
    C6 18x10.5 in the rear and 17's in the front
    Not sure what size tires to get though
    Then for the motor I'm still wondering
    like SLP lid. Header's I'm unsure like Pacesetters or is something better
    Just right now I'm really open to suggestions so I'm willing to learn what I can get now

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Vette rims, NO, NO, NO!!! BOO , HISS, Boring...UGH!!! everyone has them, and the wheels simply do not flow with the lines of the car...

if you dont have emissions inspection, go LT's and a good cat-back, SLP Lid, do new spark plugs when you do the hear swap and new wires as well...

address the suspension: LCA, PH Rod, SFC's (if you feel you need them), lower the car with an Eibach Pro-Kit...

tint, if you dont already have it, ill agree with the smoked corners and side markers, no to the Halo's. (sorry but look cheesy to me), remove the front grill if you still have the stock one on (grip and rip)...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

I'd go straight for the motor upgrades and skip all the looky loo stuff,,,it doesn't make the car faster

A lid and long tube headers are usually some of the first things people do. A catback system is another one of the first things to do if it doesn't already have one.
    There are alot of free mods that can be done that help a bit. Thats basic stuff. From there it gets more involved both money and time depending what you want out of the car.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Also, you should stay away from SLP products if you haven't heard already. The SLP lid is about the only thing worth buying (and their line lock)from their website. I learned the hard way - after the fact.

Good luck and happy hunting!!
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

I agree, skip the halos. Spend the money to lower your camaro, add tint and LTs and exhaust. You will not be sorry with that combo.... It'll totally change what everyone thinks when they see your car! And you'll have the power to prove it!

Red
    2002 Z28

So if I don't go with the vette wheels I may just get some chrome SS wheels and order a new passenger headlight as its start to fade and what not. Then I'll start ordering up some suspension parts and motor goodies

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1227 View Post
    So if I don't go with the vette wheels I may just get some chrome SS wheels and order a new passenger headlight as its start to fade and what not. Then I'll start ordering up some suspension parts and motor goodies
    The wheels on your car, providing they are the stock 16" snowflakes, are pretty light already. Sticky tires 1st!

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Get the vette rims if you like them. I do agree they are way to over done but shit if you like em get em. As for mods I can tell you if you really want to start the process it will never be enough more than likely and your car will become a massive money pit. But this is my favorite hobby so I continue on. anyways I have those same halos and I like them. And really only got them because my stockers looked like total shit and made the car look the same, but I do like them alot. They dont fit the best but its aftermarket. But anyways do the appearance stuff if you want, because it doesnt matter how fast your car is if you dont like the way it looks. As for performance longtube headers,catback,lid,gears depending on what you have know, and tune start there.

Thread Information