Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Finally ordered some SS 35th LE wheels!

Ordered 4 of these:

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merch...&Store_Code=HC

and called a discontinued GM parts place and ordered 4 center caps around $36 each GM part #9594408 (Anniversary wheel center cap part number) and he had to place a special order for that even with only around 60 remaining caps left.

It's crazy how rare these wheels and caps are. Some used ones on ebay went for $885 and some guy on Craigslist in Houston wants $1800 for 4 with tires. All together I spent around $800 so far. Hope it will be worth it and all the parts match up.

Another site with these wheels listed is:

http://www.originalwheels.com/chevro...ro2002rims.php

More expensive though. In case anyone is looking for these wheels, this is probably your best, and least expensive option to go with now. Used ones with road rash even go for this much. At least these are reconditioned to new. Best part about it is from the first link, free shipping, and if something doesn't match up or is damaged, the return back to them doesn't cost you anything either. Buying used wheels that you can't see is taking a slight risk with no return policy.

http://www.partsultimate.com/index.p...duct_id=147122

This was the first set of wheels I found and the price was too good to be true. After doing further reviewing, the company received an F from the BBB and many people have stated they were charged for items they never received and they would try to call and get hung up on or no answer. Extremely unprofessional and didn't answer my email asking them about the wheels either. Most likely a scam. I would recommend NOT using this site for anything after reading several reviews.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but for you LE users that had an original owner be an idiot and get rid of your wheels, here are your options to getting them back on your car to make it look incredible. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by 02SS35th; 03-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition
    Vert M6
    SLP CAI
    Hooker Super Comp Ceramic Coated LT's
    3" Ebay Catted Hooker Y-Pipe
    SLP Loudmouth I Center Mount with SLP tips

For as rare as those wheels are,,,they sure are cheap where you bought them from.

Comparing prices to the 35th wheels,,,,the 10 spoke painted wheels are only $20 a piece difference

Then you look at the chrome SS ZR1 wheels and they cost $100 more a piece than the 35th wheels do,,,which is somewhat of a more common SS wheel. Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-07-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    For as rare as those wheels are,,,they sure are cheap.

Comparing prices to the 35th wheels,,,,the 10 spoke painted wheels are only $20 a piece difference

Then you look at the chrome SS ZR1 wheels and they cost $100 more a piece than the 35th wheels do,,,which is somewhat of a more common SS wheel. Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I didn't make much sense out of it either. I called to confirm everything before I ordered. Here is the email response I got from the guy at Hubcaphaven:

"At the moment we only have one. We do routinely get
    >them so if you did place an order, we could probably have
    >you all 4 wheels within a week or so. Thanks."

Very reputable place and many happy customers, with an outstanding return policy and free shipping. Very hard to turn down and not trust. As far as pricing goes, I agree with you on the Chrome ZR1 SS wheels vs the Anniversary ones. Maybe they aren't inflating the price based on rarity like all of the "used" LE wheel sellers do, which is smart.

Some other guys I've seen are buying the silver wheels and stripping them down, painting the inside black and getting them machine polished like the anniversary wheel. To me, that seems like the super expensive route unless you score some used wheels cheap.

white
    1998 z28

I want some of these same wheels for my white Z. I may give them a call.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

I've spent at least 12-15 hours researching and digging for these wheels. Most of the forum posts you'll find are from several years ago and the wheels are already sold. Ebay user just sold a set for $885 with minor scratches and road rash a day ago, and they hardly ever pop up on there.

Quote Originally Posted by 02SS35th View Post
    Some other guys I've seen are buying the silver wheels and stripping them down, painting the inside black and getting them machine polished like the anniversary wheel. To me, that seems like the super expensive route unless you score some used wheels cheap.
    My other SS has the painted 10 spokes on it. I have wanted the chrome versions but again,,,they are hard to find as well. So I looked into the route you mentioned.
    Only I want to simply keep the silver paint on the inside, and just have the outer face and lips stripped and polished (not machined).
    I looked into this option and found someone local that would do what I want for $65 a wheel. Pretty cheap for a look not many people have done. I just need to get off my butt and do it sometime.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    My other SS has the painted 10 spokes on it. I have wanted the chrome versions but again,,,they are hard to find as well. So I looked into the route you mentioned.
    Only I want to simply keep the silver paint on the inside, and just have the outer face and lips stripped and polished (not machined).
    I looked into this option and found someone local that would do what I want for $65 a wheel. Pretty cheap for a look not many people have done. I just need to get off my butt and do it sometime.
    That sounds like it would be a great looking unique wheel. If you do get that done, definitely post some pictures of the results!

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I just want to make the 10 spokes a 10.5 inch wheel so i can put 315's on it

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I just sold the set on Ebay for $885.

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I just want to make the 10 spokes a 10.5 inch wheel so i can put 315's on it
    I wouldn't hesitate to stick those on the 9.5" wheels. I've done 295's and it's nice to have a little sidewall that actually sticks out past the rim. Gives you a little extra security from rim rash.

Restoring and driving classic cars, I actually prefer that look anyway. I can't stand these wheels with tires that are lucky to be parrallel to the rim bead. Looks awfull to me.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If anyone wants my LE wheels I'll sell them. 1000/piece

Good work OP. Glad you found some. They are going to make that car look 10X better.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If anyone wants my LE wheels I'll sell them. 1000/piece

Good work OP. Glad you found some. They are going to make that car look 10X better.
    Just waiting for someone to take these wheels and center caps and resell them together for profit. Only problem is you'll run out of supply real fast!

Now sell me your SLP grille for 100 bucks and I'll be extremely happy.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Just waiting for someone to take these wheels and center caps and resell them together for profit. Only problem is you'll run out of supply real fast!

Now sell me your SLP grille for 100 bucks and I'll be extremely happy.
    If/when I ever go bigger with my current FI build and need a FMIC I may just have to sacrifice the LE grille for something that allows more airflow. Until then, I'm good

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good buy but im confused i guess. you have an le car yet you ordered some new le wheels

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    good buy but im confused i guess. you have an le car yet you ordered some new le wheels
    Previous owner thought Z06 replica wheels with chrome plating that peels off and black seat covers with red dragon flames and stupid floor mats were cooler than the OE parts.

Seat covers were thrown in the trash the second I got home, and I ordered the SLP 35th SS floor mats and tossed those others in the trash can when they arrived. My next project is getting the SS grille painted to match the stripes like the SLP one that was sold in the past. After this is done, my car will look like it should.
    Last edited by 02SS35th; 03-08-2011 at 11:37 AM.

SS # 4436
    02 Camaro SS 35th LE

Thanks for the link and research 02SS35th. I have a bent rim that I have been wanting to replace but I think I'll get 4 with how expensive and hard to find these are.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...Q5fAccessories

This is what I mean by used wheels and being fishy. This person copy and pasted the text from the last ebay auction that had these wheels listed, exactly. Look at the first picture and see the center caps. Those aren't the original center caps (missing the red bowtie) on the wheels so I think this guy is full of it. Willing to bet these are refinished wheels with some aftermarket polished center caps and reselling for profit. Granted you could buy the center caps and put them on these wheels, but you'd already be paying a lot more!

SS # 4436
    02 Camaro SS 35th LE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...Q5fAccessories

This is what I mean by used wheels and being fishy. This person copy and pasted the text from the last ebay auction that had these wheels listed, exactly. Look at the first picture and see the center caps. Those aren't the original center caps (missing the red bowtie) on the wheels so I think this guy is full of it. Willing to bet these are refinished wheels with some aftermarket polished center caps and reselling for profit. Granted you could buy the center caps and put them on these wheels, but you'd already be paying a lot more!
    Yeah, I found that listing last night and thought the same thing. I just ordered some from the HH auto wheel place you posted earlier. Pretty good price so well see when they come in the mail.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Previous owner thought Z06 replica wheels with chrome plating that peels off and black seat covers with red dragon flames and stupid floor mats were cooler than the OE parts.

Seat covers were thrown in the trash the second I got home, and I ordered the SLP 35th SS floor mats and tossed those others in the trash can when they arrived. My next project is getting the SS grille painted to match the stripes like the SLP one that was sold in the past. After this is done, my car will look like it should.

Wow talk about completely ruinin a bamf ride. Thanks for the clarification

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

Be sure to post pics of those hot ass new LE wheels, sir!

Thread Information