Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Fair price for 99 Z28

I found a 99 silver convertable Z28 sitting on a dealers lot. After surrendering my 02 WS6 to the ex wife a year ago I have been wanting to get another f-body.
    I did a quick walk around and there are no noticable dents or scratches. The car is an m6 and the odometer reading is just under 60k.
    I havn't looked at a carfax yet but will when I talk to a salesman, scince most dealers now realize that most likely a carfax report will be requested and have one on hand.
    The asking price is 15999, I was wondering what the experts think of this price? I think I should be able to get it down a few grand, but I havn't really been following the resale values for these cars lately.

Red
    2000 SLP Camaro SS

WAY OVERPRICED!!!!

I payed $19k for my 2000 SS with only 15,000 on the odometer......Considering the miles and year I wouldn't pay over $12,000 for it

Hope this helps ya out

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

If that car wasn't a convertible, I'd say it is overpriced by about 5-6k. Convertibles tend to be significantly more expensive and hold value better so I'd say 12-13k would be a fair price.

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Thats what I am thinking. I knew it was priced high this dealer has a reputation for that. I just wasn't sure by how much.
    I did the online kelly blue book and it came up at 13k if the car is in excellent condition. I also looked up the car on their online listing and they list the carfax, turns out it has been through three owners and was bought at auction and put on thier lot. I am thinking they probably didn't pay over 9 grand for it.
    On the good side there wasn't a report of any body damage or major mechanical repairs.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i paid 10500$ for my 98 SS Convertible with 64K, excellent cond

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

only one of less than 42 made

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

that sucks about having to give ur WS6 to your X

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I paid $12,500 for my 98 with about 49k miles on it. I wouldent pay anymore than $13,500 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky
    Thats what I am thinking. I knew it was priced high this dealer has a reputation for that. I just wasn't sure by how much.
    I did the online kelly blue book and it came up at 13k if the car is in excellent condition.
    Print out that KBB info and go to the dealer and talk him down. If he won't go near 12-13k just walk away.

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Thanks for the replies, It will be interesting to see how much the dealer will come down, but ive made up my mind that I am not paying a dime over 13 grand for it. I havn't decided if I want to insult him and ofer ten for or start with a fair bargaining price of eleven, I guess it will all depend on how big of an ass the guy that comes out and talks to me is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky
    Thanks for the replies, It will be interesting to see how much the dealer will come down, but ive made up my mind that I am not paying a dime over 13 grand for it. I havn't decided if I want to insult him and ofer ten for or start with a fair bargaining price of eleven, I guess it will all depend on how big of an ass the guy that comes out and talks to me is.
    Dealers are all the same. Starting from 10 is a good idea. Tell them that's what you are comfortable with and hopefully they will meet you halfway. Good luck and let us know what's up!

I just bought my 02 Z28 convertible for 16,995 with 12,200 miles on it

Yeah deciding is tuff. Im lookin at a 99 stock SS with 37k for 12500 and a modded 00 SS with 57k for 12500 and Im on the fence deciding which way to go.

Former LT1 & LS1 Owner
    I bought my '99 'vert about three years ago for 13.5. Bright green metallic, 28,000 miles. I sold it this past summer for the same price. If you can get it in the next few weeks for 12-13, you're getting a very good deal. The price will stay near the asking price once spring gets here. I just bought a '99 SS with some minor bolt-ons with just under 29,000 miles for 13.

Mark
    '99 Sebring Silver SS Hardtop, A-4 Tuned by Bryan Herter (pcmforless.com)

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

As much as I would like a convertable I am going to pass on this one. I have located an 00 SS with an asking price of 12500. Havn't gone up to see it yet, but from the pictures I have seen it looks clean. The main thing is the price is more in line with what it should be, so the dealer should be alittle easier to deal with.
    I havn't done alot of reseach on this site since it was reborn, if I can come up with the slp build sheet can I figure out what all was optioned on this SS?

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

I was going to say that price was a bit high. I found a 1999 TA vert for 13,999 with 42K miles on it the guy was an ass, so I decided not to deal with him.

Former LT1 & LS1 Owner
    Spanky, the door tag will list the RPO codes. This will tell you what factory-installed options are on the car. If any additional equipment was installed by SLP, these items will be on a second SLP door tag. As long as RPO code WU8 is present, you have a genuine SS, exclusive of the SLP door tag. The SLP door tag doesn't make the car an SS, it merely lists additional equipment installed by SLP. I just bought a '99 SS hard top for 13. Flawless inside and out, with 29,000 miles. All prices on these cars will get a bump come spring, but convertible prices will see a bigger jump.

Mark

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I just bought a 99 Z28 with 60k miles with quite a few mods for 10900, original owner. So yeah I'd say 15999 is crazy.

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

DMAX, I couldn't remember the WU8 rpo code when I went to look at the "ss". I think it was a fake, it had cloth seats, a regular air box the muffler and tips looked like the exact same thing that came stock on my 02 WS6. There was no keyless entry or at least the dealer didn't have any fobs. Also there was not an slp tag on the door and the factory rpo tag was half worn off.
    The kicker was when I opened the trunk, there where big holes in the corners where the quarter panels and rear meet.
    So many red flags went up with this thing I personally think it was a wrecked Z with SS emblems attached.
    I am still working on the 99 conv., got the guy down to 14500, still to high.
    The car is in real nice shape all the gears are strong and I really like the thing. However it is missing the cover that covers the top when it is down. I have tried locate the cost for a replacement at gmpartsdirect but have not had any luck.
    Does anyone know how much this will cost?
    I just let the dealer know that I knew it was missing last nite when I stopped by and took another look at it. He stated that they would replace it, although knowing that most salesmen don't really know what they are talking and tend to make promises they can't keep I am thinking it might be best to tell him to forget about it and drop the price to thirteen grand.
    Last edited by Spanky; 03-11-2006 at 04:10 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Well im the magician that got a 2000 Z28 M6 with 70 thou on it a completely clean record and not a speck of damage for, get ready $7200.00 got it through the dealer only auction at manhiem PA. Close friend of the family is a used sale shark as he puts it himself. Nothing like getting a LS1 Z28 at absolute cost value.

Ive know kids driving integra's RSX WOO! with 50-60 thou miles that paid more than that. Ive had mine for 5 months now and have put just over 5 thousand on it and have never had a problem. Although I spent about a week completely replacing anything that could deteriorate with age, suspension rebuilt to stop creaking and engine stripped down cleaned and put back together. Probably why nothing ever broke.

Seeing as you live in PA maybe for a small fee I could hook a fellow Maro man up. For a fee though.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 03-11-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information