Black
    2001 Z28

Event of the Year!!

Hello everybody, I wanted to tell you all abot the biggest F-Body event of 2008! It will be held in Indianapolis. It is being hosted by the Central Indiana Camaro Club (CICC), and General Motors. We are hoping to see over 1000 cars and have a great time all weekend.

Here is a link to another msg board with a short post from Scott Settlemire regarding this event, as well as a link to the event website and the homepage for the CICC. We would love to see all of you come out for a great fun filled F-Body weekend!!

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561301

http://indycamaro.com/Indy08/

http://indycamaro.com

I will be dropping by whenever possible to answer questions, but feel free to use the msg board or email account on the event page to get more info!!

Black
    2001 Z28

Registration is officially open!!

Who's coming or thinking about coming??

It should be a great weekend of good times and F-Bodys!! Here are a few things associated with this event...

1. Drive your f-body around the world famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    2. Get a picture of your car on the track (at The Bricks)
    3. GM "Ride and Drive" on the F1, Motocross GP track
    4. Show and Shine area (non judged event)
    5. Concert and Banquet
    6. Rub elbows with GM execs and designers
    7. Large Vendor area
    8. Prizes, auctions, give aways, etc!!!

There is so much more!! It will be a good time for any individual, group of frinds, or entire family!! There is lots to see and do in Indy!!

PS--There are some other things that GM will not "officially" allow us to announce at this time, but keep checking in on the event website or the CICC site and we will spill the beans as soon as we get the green light. Oh, I am not sure if my info is correct, but I believe that the production version of the NEW CAMARO is going to be unveiled to the press in Detroit the weekend before the CICC event.....hmmmmmmm.....that should be interesting, (cough, cough). Wouldn't it be sweet if they were able to bring an actual production version to Indy?? We will have to talk to them about that

Black
    2001 Z28

Where are all my Camaro peeps?? The Pontiac guys are all over this!! We need alot of F-Bodys, but not just Birds and TA's!

I should also mention that the CICC is a Non-Profit Organization, and that all proceeds from this event will be donated to Riley Hospital for Children here in Indpls. It is a fantastic hospital that helps children from all over the world. We (the CICC) are proud to be able to donate to a place that helps so many children through some of the roughest times in their lives. Maybe some of these kids will grow up to be F-Body fanatics too!!

Thanks guys, and feel free to hit me up if you have any questions!!

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

I may be up for it if I can get a few fellow fbods to make the trip with me

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

Thumbs up

It will be a great end to the summer. I can't wait.

I'm not sure what I am going to mod on my LE, but I'll probably start with the power antenna mod. I'm also going to make one of those show car signs too.

2002 SS LE #2760 M6 Hurst w/white ball
    Bilstein Level II & Big Loud Exhaust
    SLP Cold Pack, diff cover, & grille.
    Bridgestone Potenza RE760

silver
    98 ss camaro

I'm working on getting a few f-body's to roll with me from california a little bit of a drive but anyone been to this before is it worth the drive.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I am planning to go, just need to register. That will be a great weekend, thanks for the info!

Black
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    I'm working on getting a few f-body's to roll with me from california a little bit of a drive but anyone been to this before is it worth the drive.
    California is definitly a long haul, but I dont think you will be disappointed. There may be another big reason to come out and check out everything. I officially cant say anything specific by order of GM, but......I will say......hypothetically of course, that the production version of the new Camaro gets debuted to the press in Detroit the weekend before the CICC event, and there will be alot of GM execs in Indy that weekend for our show. Now I am not saying anything specific, and we all know how things change, BUT.........well......DOH!!! I cant say. Sorry...Feel free to assume, but I will not confirm nor deny! Hope to see a few hundred of you there!!

Red
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    Anytime Pace Cars get together at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it's worth the trip. I would be surprised if the Museum didn't pull all of their Chevy and Pontiac pace cars out for this. They did 2 years ago when there was a pace car reunion before the race.

silver
    98 ss camaro

So I saw a posting about doing a country wide f-body ride in honor of the new camaro and I thought of this thread and thought It'd be a good idea to throw both into on a country wide drive with the pit stop being this event anyone else down let me know heres the thread
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...3&goto=newpost

I'm trying to get this organized a little and i'm posting on ls1tech too so hopefully we can get a big turn out I can bring my laptop I have a verizon pc card so I can keep post and where we are and everything so people can meet up.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Guys I have got some good traction with this idea or a cross country ride stoping here plz send me emails I'm setting up a distrabution list to keep everyone posted to many forums about this going to contact everyone one by one email me slpgod01@hotmail.com and around where you live so we can get the best route the more people in your area the closer we're going to be.

Thread Information