Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

drove the 2010 camaro (thoughts)

My dad just picked up the 2SS with no sunroof and the inferno interior yesterday... i was pretty impressed with the interior it isnt the best looking interior but it was really comfortable... but the car being comfortable seemed out of place i was used to my car being a bare bones, feels like a muscle car feel. when you get on the throttle it doesnt throw you back in your seat as much. im just dissapointed i expected more but the interior and the radio was good it seemed like it was a solid car tho. The shifter was one of the best parts of the car, even tho the shift nob was huge that can be changed but i loved how the shifting felt it was a really easy car to drive with an easy engage point. when you went over bumps it did so with ease the independent suspension should of been added years ago. it handled like a champ and reminded me of my old cobalt ss's handleing. Over all i love the car but im just disapointed it isnt any faster after 7 years of development.

Just my honest opinion don't hate

red
    99 camaro ss

I agree our cars were the pinnacle of gasoline powered automobiles. and the new camaro is only heavier, fancier and more expensive

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Well stock vs. stock the 2010 is faster than the 4th gens. It's a different kind of feel because of the throttle response and the drive by wire. My mom has an A6 SS and when I drive it, I would agree with you on the lack of neck breaking launches... but numbers don't lie.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

[QUOTE=konigandy6;2193241]It's a different kind of feel because of the throttle response and the drive by wire.[QUOTE]

And that's 80% of why it feels like a dog. It's all in your head, the car really is alot faster, especially with the total re-design of the chassis and Independent Suspension, but I'm surprised, because the only one that I drove about 4 months ago was fast, handled like a low mileage C5 (kinda, sorta) and was SWEET!!!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I felt the interior was so spacious that I was in a minivan. Now that isn't all that bad, but after driving mine it didn't have that fit you like a glove sports car feel.

The other issue was like stated above, the speed. It was going fast when I nailed it, but the thing is it just didn't have that throw you in the seat feel. Kind of felt like a watered down, comfortable Camaro for the baby boomers who can afford them. I wasn't really impressed, I'm glad they made it and I am glad it is selling. Overall though, the LS1 Camaro blew me away when I drove one for the first time back in 2000. This did not, still a neat car though.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I rode with Zapfool one night when he rented one...just a short little ride, but I thought it felt pretty good.

The only think that kinda bugged me is that the housing around the gauges is deep, so only the driver can see them

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I rode with Zapfool one night when he rented one...just a short little ride, but I thought it felt pretty good.

The only think that kinda bugged me is that the housing around the gauges is deep, so only the driver can see them
    Why would the passengers need to see them? I thought they were great, so the GF doesn't whine and bitch about going too fast Sad thing is, my GF is the opposite and I'm the careful one

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Why would the passengers need to see them? I thought they were great, so the GF doesn't whine and bitch about going too fast Sad thing is, my GF is the opposite and I'm the careful one
    well i was riding shotgun, I wanted to see, lol

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Get rid of the electronic failsafes in the tuning and that car should have some more "GO" in it. Torque management FTL.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

im wanting to get one just cause the interior but im getting the vette instead... but i really wanted it to feel like a barebones race car not like im driving to the grocerie store or the mall on a date its just not my cup of tea

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    im wanting to get one just cause the interior but im getting the vette instead... but i really wanted it to feel like a barebones race car not like im driving to the grocerie store or the mall on a date its just not my cup of tea
    Not everyone is into the whole barebones racecar feel
    I was not too crazy about my stripper Z28 not having all the options that my my friends cars have, but after driving mine around and driving theirs, i'm happy its not so optioned out

I guess that's how i'd feel in a new one
    I sat in one and the interior was very comfortable, but like you said, it being all smooth and roomy makes you feel like your in a sedan, i wanna feel like i'm in a sports car

my .02

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I let my dad drive my camaro to feel the difference and he really wants a 4th gen now. He said that jokingly but he says he like the feel of the 02 better. Him being in his 40s close to 50s he wants the comfort tho he says if he was my age he would trade in the new one in a heartbeat. He's already going to sell it in 2011 to get the Z28

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

He's already going to sell it in 2011 to get the Z28
    Nice

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

yeah that is probably what will get me wanting a new one but now that were done talking about wanting my dads toys i can tell you i just beat his car from 0-110 and i only have 4.10s slp exhaust kooks headers and the slp intake and bellow... all for almost 25000 less

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

yeah that is probably what will get me wanting a new one but now that were done talking about wanting my dads toys i can tell you i just beat his car from 0-110 and i only have 4.10s slp exhaust kooks headers and the slp intake and bellow... all for almost 25000 less
    Thats what matters
    when comparing a 4th gen to a 5th gen, you really do get fast, cheap, and reliable

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

i actually beat him by at least 4 or 5 cars and thats a 13 second car right??? Well i mean with a good driver but my dad has been racing vettes his whole life so do you think im close to 11s or is that still a far off task

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

like is a 11.99 attainable

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

i actually beat him by at least 4 or 5 cars and thats a 13 second car right??? Well i mean with a good driver but my dad has been racing vettes his whole life so do you think im close to 11s or is that still a far off task
    like is a 11.99 attainable
    thats not how it works
    traction/launch is what its all about
    its always different off the track than on

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

haha sorry i just wanna get in the 11s so bad

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS