Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does my car have posi?

Hey this is my first post on this board. I just got a 99 z28 in pewter. I love the car but quick question. Today I did the diff service and one of my friends happen to walk by and spun my rear tires, He said I don't have posi/limit slip b/c when he turn the wheel the other wheel turn in the opposite direction so he said I have a one legger. Is this true? I know if its true posi both wheel will turn in the same direction. I know on most of the new cars that limited slip will only kick in when the other wheel slips. I did a search. Really didn't get the info I'm looking for. The car has a steel drive shaft if that helps. Just any input would be great. Thanks
    Lee

Should be a LSD torsen rear - look for RPO code G80 on the drivers side door. If it's an A4 steel drive shaft usually means it came with 2.73 gears (GU2). Thinking all the LS1 cars came with LSD/posi.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

You do have Posi. almost all diffs will spin the tire the opposite way when spun from the tire. It will do the 1 tire fire for about 1.5 to 2 spins when traction is broke but then it'll hook up posi. If your still not sure go out on the road and do a burnout and see if there's 2 patches.

good I'm glad to hear that I got some kind of limitslip. I'm going to the track tomorrow with a few guys that I work with, 1 evo, 1 bmw 335I and a wrx. They all been saying how I'm gonna get smoked since they think I have no posi. Any tips on 1st time use at the track? I love to shut these guys up. Oh yeah its an a4 and I bought the car with new tires so I'm kinda trying not to leave any strips since I'm cheap

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Post pics of your Camaro if you can
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Unless its an Evo IX MR or WRX STI with some bolt ons you should not have any problem at all, is it a 1/4 track or 1/8.
    Make sure you get a good start, those 2 cars will have great launches because they have AWD but in the end you should be able to taken em out no problem. Just powerbreak at launch and you got it good luck and post up some pix. BTW post pix of your car

Thanks for the info. I said screw it and left 2 nice strip down my street
    I'm not to worryed about the evo or wrx they aren't the faster of the models. The 335i I a fast car It should be a close race. I'm a master tech for bmw & i know what that cars about. I def take some pics at the track tomorrow.
    Later

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I dont know man, V6 camaros take out the 335i

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by leejr85bmw View Post
    good I'm glad to hear that I got some kind of limitslip. I'm going to the track tomorrow with a few guys that I work with, 1 evo, 1 bmw 335I and a wrx. They all been saying how I'm gonna get smoked since they think I have no posi. Any tips on 1st time use at the track? I love to shut these guys up. Oh yeah its an a4 and I bought the car with new tires so I'm kinda trying not to leave any strips since I'm cheap
    one rule, traction control off!!!!!

I was thinking I have a better run with traction control on. But hopefully I have a few runs to try different things. Last time I went with my 87 iroc with a 350 tpi I only got 2 runs. The 1st run I was so nervous I spun all of 1st gear. I'm not trying to start anything but I find it hard to believe a v6 camaro taking a 335I Thats a bi turbo set up with a factory rating of 300hp which is said to be unrated to keep the m3's at the top.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Personally took care of 335i and 325i with a V6 camaro,

I can see a 325i thats not a big deal. but the 335i? but if u say so

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

You will see tomorrow

black
    2000 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by leejr85bmw View Post
    I was thinking I have a better run with traction control on. But hopefully I have a few runs to try different things. Last time I went with my 87 iroc with a 350 tpi I only got 2 runs. The 1st run I was so nervous I spun all of 1st gear. I'm not trying to start anything but I find it hard to believe a v6 camaro taking a 335I Thats a bi turbo set up with a factory rating of 300hp which is said to be unrated to keep the m3's at the top.
    do not even waste your time running with the asr on!!! it will kick your foot of the gas and drop your rpm!!! do not try this... it is stupid and a waste of a run... just do a good burnout.. give like a nice 3/4 punch off the line... let her role out a couple feet and give it the rest...

i have a 2000 a4 z28 and on street tires i consistently run 2.0 60 ft witht this technique

you dont have to take my luanching advice but PLEASE... DONT race with the asr on (tcs) its pointless and will make you slower, because ther is no way your gonna get that car off the line with out a little spin and as soon as that happens asr kicks in and kicks your foot off gas and bye bye rpm's..

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

also, if you really have 2.73 gears (me too), you shouldn't produce much of a burnout on a dry strip anyway. especially with new tires!

well the wrx and evo were no problem as menition before. My friend with the 335i couldn't make it so next time. my best was a 13.7 1/4 worst was a 13.9. Should my car do better then a 13.7 in the 1/4 with a slp lid and magnaflow catback? its a a4.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea that does sound a little slow for an LS1, i was thinking it should be about 13.4 or 13.5. How did the WRX and EVO do?

will the wrx got a 14.2 and the evo got a 13.8. the wrx is stock has a exhaust and not sure what the evo got

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Maybe that track wasnt hooking, was there other cars out there? and did you catch their times?

hey I wathc some hemi jeep run like a 13.2. Most wrx were running like a 14.5.
    a few other camaro ss run close to 13 flat.other then that it was alot of rice and some 10sec bracket racing. maybe I just need to change the plugs and clean the throttle body. I'm going back next week so we'll find out.

Thread Information