Thread: Documentation?

Navy Blue
    2000 SS

Question Documentation?

The guy i bought my SS from had like ALL of the paper work on it from the FACTORY build sheet from Canada with all RPO codes and stuff down to the dealer PDI sheet. Anyone else have all of this stuff? Think it makes it worth a little more "IF" these cars become collector cars down the road? Granted, body panels (no metal yet) have been replace as with the motor (block casting matches a 2000 though) and rear axle. I would like to do a lot more mods with the car but I dont know if it will hurt future price or maybe not make a difference. Any ideas/suggestions?

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

i say if you are worried about hurting the value of your car with mods just do mods that you can undo or take off easily and keep the oem parts in boxes somewhere. btw, i dont think that these will be very collectible in the future just because the 5th gen is goin to be like 100x better.

Navy Blue
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    i say if you are worried about hurting the value of your car with mods just do mods that you can undo or take off easily and keep the oem parts in boxes somewhere. btw, i dont think that these will be very collectible in the future just because the 5th gen is goin to be like 100x better.
    I really dont think that they will be too much of a "collectable" either... which makes me feel better about what i'd like to do mod wise.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

i have my original bill of sale and all the paperwork on my ss.

i would say just do what you want to your car and you'll be very happy, dont worry about rareness
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

silver
    02/SS/M6

My thoughts exactly, its what its worth to you.....mod the sh*t out of it!! (Stock Sucks)

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

re:

When I bought my SS the dealer gave me the factory build sheet and all other paperwork that came with it. For collector cars, yes having more documentation the better for resale. Example: a 71 Chevelle LS-6 well sell better if you have the factory paperwork showing its a LS-6 so there is no question on it authenticity. For moding your SS, I would just do mods that can be reversed and the factory parts put back on if you are really thinking that you would sell it in 30 years.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Crash00ss View Post
    I really dont think that they will be too much of a "collectable" either... which makes me feel better about what i'd like to do mod wise.
    thats what they used to say about all the old ss camaros and z's that were wraped around telephone poles or just driven into the ground back then that would be worth big money now. ss 20 years from now deffenetly collectable. prduction # are similar a couple of thousand a year back then and now so whats the diffrence. whos to say what the trends are 20 plus years from now gasoline cars may be all but extinct!

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

I got all the papers and stuff. Do keep all the stock parts in your shed though. Who knows what they'll be worth, but I do know a solid SS is worth 25% more than a Z-28 for no other reason than it says SS on the side and has some minor performance upgrades that you can bolt onto a Z-28 yourself easily.

Thread Information