Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Do I have 325hp or 345hp on my '02 SS 6spd?

Guys n Gals help me out. How do I know if I have the 345hp that some of the SSs came with. I have the window sticker and it says 325hp, but I saw others on ebay with the same stuff as mine but they had a SLP sheet that mentions dual dual exhaust(which I do have) and the same exact miles per gallon but I do not have that SLP sheet. Is there a code in the driver's door that will let me know?

Impounded
    1995 Z28/SS

I think only the red anniversary edition SS got the 345hp package. The non-anniversary ss got the 325HP

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I saw one on ebay like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem and others that have 345. I'm not sure how to tell. This one has it toohttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem

I noticed that when I see the center exit exhaust mentioned, I read it as the 345 slp exhaust. Do you agree? I'm really not sure what mine is. The exhaust IS stock so, if that is a sign I might have 345

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

All LS1 engines make 350 bhp. GM adverstised LS1 fbody with 305-325 bhp only so vette owners won't get their panties in a bunch. Why do you think LS1s on fbodies make 280-325 rwhp stock?

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

It was modified from SLP to 345..... with the exhaust. Would show it on the passenger side SLP door sticker if u have it. At least on a 02

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

what does it matter? all the 345hp package was is a lid and catback.

Black
    99 SS

there all the same they all make around 300HP to the wheels from the factory

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    there all the same they all make around 300HP to the wheels from the factory

not really because the 345 package will dyno slightly higher because of the lid and catback that a z28 is lacking.

Black
    99 SS

maybe 2 or 3 more HP. big deal, its a drivers race between and LS1 F body car be it a T/A, Formula, Z, or SS

I have a SLP lid and SLP Catback - 345 crank hp is probably underated since I have 332 at the rear wheels.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Cool!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    All LS1 engines make 350 bhp. GM adverstised LS1 fbody with 305-325 bhp only so vette owners won't get their panties in a bunch. Why do you think LS1s on fbodies make 280-325 rwhp stock?
    I dissagree on this one man. 280-325 is a 45hp difference so there has to be more to it. Stock shouldn't vary that much. However I do believe that they're under-rated.

I found out something last night when I was looking through more papers that came with my car. I found a SLP supplement manual that told me about the 335(not 345). If you have the Slp catback(I think with the center exit exhaust ONLY) then you have 335hp. In the manual it didn't say anything about lid though. Most of them have the lid I see. Mine didn't for some reason.

I know mine is an SS and done by SLP for many reasons. I do have the sticker in my door that says something about alterations completed by slp, but it doesn't say how much hp it produces. also I have the ss hood and spoiler all the badges and most importantly the window sticker.

Silver
    2002 Z28

I think you're overlooking the big detail everyone is mentioning here. Regardless to what Hp your car was advertised to have from the factory, the first mods that you should do will put your car above any factory modifications. If your exhaust and intake are stock, your hp isn't something you'll want to brag about yet, so don't worry about where it started, just focus on where you're going.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

red

There were three HP for the SS. 325 stock, 335 with exhaust, 345 with lid and exhaust. One easy way to tell is if you have the blackwing lid, or look at your pass. side door. There will be a sticker listing all your SLP options. I really don't know if there is that much of HP difference from the 3.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    I think you're overlooking the big detail everyone is mentioning here. Regardless to what Hp your car was advertised to have from the factory, the first mods that you should do will put your car above any factory modifications. If your exhaust and intake are stock, your hp isn't something you'll want to brag about yet, so don't worry about where it started, just focus on where you're going.
    damn skippy! hahaha I was just wondering though. I was first thinking I only had 325, then I kept on looking. Today I called slp with my vin # and they told me that mine did not come with the lid, but it did come with the catback. They said their newest lid is better than the blackwing as well.

Any how I do have big plans for this ride. I think my mods will go from cheapest to highest. first I plan to do exhaust and subframe connectors(not sure about doing intake because I can use that cash to go on my procharger later hahaha. but who knows, I will probably get the lid and k&n filter to go with it.

my overall goal is to make it awesome looking and perform with vipers!
    who knows what I will do, I don't even know yet hahaha.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

well buddy if you think the slp options are good wait till you add a cam headers ls6 intake,tb,mass air cold air,plugs wires, clutch,tires gears and a tune.wow youll be saying to hell with the slp options.but your on the right track

black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    well buddy if you think the slp options are good wait till you add a cam headers ls6 intake,tb,mass air cold air,plugs wires, clutch,tires gears and a tune.wow youll be saying to hell with the slp options.but your on the right track
    I see this all the time, the real difference between the Z-28 and the SS in a straight line not much. But the SS IMO looks better and is more fun to drive around the curves, it does handle better.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

i heard somwhere that chevy didnt want to market the camaro w 345 bhp cause they wouldnt be able to sell their vettes, and thats just not good buisness.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

[Bi beleive the wheels and tires were larger,they had billstein shocks,not sure about springs. but my buddys 2000 ss came factory with subframe connectors welded on. thats a trip. yes his car handled better stock for stock, but there pretty identical.and vettes almost hate camaros as much as 04 cobras, sorry i love your vettes even if i smoke you, but mod it baby.mod it or dont hate ...ok[/B]

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I am going to be modding guys!

This last weekend I had lots of fun with my SS. I did fuck up and burn my clutch for the first time though. It still works but I messed up with my big feet. I wear size 11 and I was trying to do a burn out so I reved it up to atleast 4000 or 5000 rpm and I meant to come all the way off the clutch but I lifted and my foot got stuck above the clutch on the black peice above it and I kept my other foot on the gas. It's funny because I thought I was smoking them but I wasn't. I learned from my girls grandaddy how to pop the clutch with like 3000rpms and I figured that's how to launch the 6spd. Also I had the chance to do some speed shifting and I had a blast!

Question, do you absolutely have to pop the clutch to do a burn out?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information