Correct 2002 ss grille?

I am a newbie to these cars, a car that i know of for sale is a 2002 ss in silver. It has a billet grille in it now. I take it that this isn't stock??? I can se the camaro lettering behind the grille. What were the grille options on these cars?? any pics of stock grilles/optional grilles? I thought the grille would have been black but it seems to be silver???

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

checkout mine, mine is an option and the rest are flat black unpainted ones that come on almost all of them

HMM this one seems to be silver not black behind the billet grille and reads "camaro" I thought it would be black??? The carfax checked out okay,, but i wonder if i am sensing past front end damage??? Or were some grilles painted the body color?

Here is the car,, can someone give any advice,, I think the car shows really well but am wondering about the grille???http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...24942649QQrdZ1

Unless they had to pull out the stock grille to put in the billet grille?? The car is on e-bay completed items under 2002 camaro. I tried to post the link but i guess it's waiting for approval??? I'm new to the site and these cars?

Onyx Black
    2000 Berger SS #21

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    checkout mine, mine is an option and the rest are flat black unpainted ones that come on almost all of them
    I agree. I am looking at the 2002 pamphlet and it shows all grilles as black. the 35th edition has silver lettering.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Berger21 View Post
    I agree. I am looking at the 2002 pamphlet and it shows all grilles as black. the 35th edition has silver lettering.
    The body color your see is because there is no grille behind the billet piece. The body color is actually part of the fascia piece. All camaros have the body color with the Camaro lettering, then they are all covered with a black plastic grille that also has Camaro lettering, unless it's an SS, then it may have had the optional black grille with an SS emblem on it.

Thanks to all for the expertise,,,this causes me to ask yet another question? Were all 2002 camaros 35th anniversary editions? It was stated earlier that the 35th ann. models had chrome/silver type lettering on the grilles,,, Will the window sticker list the grille options if i ever wanted to have the correct grille on hand if needed?

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

All 2002 Camaros are officially 35th anniversary cars, but they did produce a special edition 35th anniv. SS that was red with silver 35th anniv. stripes. That model had the black grille with silver Camaro lettering. I think the only thing you would ever see on a window/door sticker w.r.t. the grille is if it was an SS, and it had the SLP optional grille with the SS emblem.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

your car is a 35 anny but not le(limited edition). it looks as it should, meaning the paint behind the chrome grille looks the way it should. (some really big boy cars like the zl1's have black behind a black billet grille), but those are ZL1's. I saw your car on ebay a few weeks ago and it looks good, I look at SSs on ebay for fun.

Have fun and congrats!

Thread Information