Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concept Camaro

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thumbs down Concept Camaro

The concept camaro Is going to be a very Dissapointing performance car. With SUV type 22in wheels in the rear, and 21 in wheels in the front this car is going to suck from a dig. I would bet my bottom dollar that a stock LS1 would hand this new Camaro it's ass in the quarter mile just on the size of wheels they have on the car. Another thing, how dissapointing is it that the motor of choice for this car is the LS2. By the time the Concept car comes out this motor will be around 5 years old and they have it rated at a very poor 400 HP. Just think about all of the non sport cars that have a rating very similar to this all ready. GM is basing the car around the look's and not the performance. I gaurantee you that if the don't make several changes to this car in the years to come it will "TANK" just like the GTO's did. One more thing I wonder where the idea came from to have 22in wheel's in the rear and 21in wheels in the front came from? It makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Not even the 505HP LS7 ZO6 has wheels the size the concept Camaro. GM is commiting mass suicide for this very well respected car.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Its still better than the new Mustang... Really... Thats all that matters...

Um..link? Somehow this seems unbelieveable.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

BUT BY THE TIME THE 09 MUSTANG COMES OUT IT WILL BE RATED THE SAME AS THE CONCEPT CAR. DONT GET ME WRONG, I hate ford!!!!!!

This is all interesting, but it doesnt make any sense at all. How about a link proving these claims?

black
    2000 SS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by spookyz28 View Post
    The concept camaro Is going to be a very Dissapointing performance car. With SUV type 22in wheels in the rear, and 21 in wheels in the front this car is going to suck from a dig. I would bet my bottom dollar that a stock LS1 would hand this new Camaro it's ass in the quarter mile just on the size of wheels they have on the car. Another thing, how dissapointing is it that the motor of choice for this car is the LS2. By the time the Concept car comes out this motor will be around 5 years old and they have it rated at a very poor 400 HP. Just think about all of the non sport cars that have a rating very similar to this all ready. GM is basing the car around the look's and not the performance. I gaurantee you that if the don't make several changes to this car in the years to come it will "TANK" just like the GTO's did. One more thing I wonder where the idea came from to have 22in wheel's in the rear and 21in wheels in the front came from? It makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Not even the 505HP LS7 ZO6 has wheels the size the concept Camaro. GM is commiting mass suicide for this very well respected car.

Dude it's called a concept for a reason, do you REALLY think GM will keep the 21 and 22 inch wheels? If I recall correctly, I remember reading where one of the production guys said that obviously some of the things were going to change, and specifically mentioned the wheel size

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yea this is a bullshit thread..learn about it..it will have like 4 engine options...rims are scaled down to 19s ...yea learn before you post.

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

This is not a bullshit post. so far they are going with what i had previously claimed. I will find a link and post it, if that will make you feel better.

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

If there are other motor's than the ls2 for this car where is the proof? you don't know what the fuck you are talking about "Half Baked"

also the car is supposed to have a ls3 as rumored around

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

To half baked read this

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea this is a bullshit thread..learn about it..it will have like 4 engine options...rims are scaled down to 19s ...yea learn before you post.
    Now in early March, GMHTP has finally been able to confirm that a new Chevy Camaro will start production in early 2009 as a 2010 model. While many details are still sketchy, we know that its platform will be Zeta and it's looking like the Camaro will be produced in Australia by Holden. Coupes will be built first, and convertibles will start down the assembly line less than a year later. Two engine configurations keep popping up with the word "Camaro": the 240-horse, 3.9-liter LZ8 V-6, and the 300-horse, 5.3-liter LH6 V-8. At this point, there is no word on other optional V-8 engines, but everyone knows that GM has the firepower to dust its rivals in the Ford and DC camps with 350- to 450-horse V-8 options. Anything above the 400 hp ls2 concept ss will be a special option camaro like the Berger, Ultra Z, or the Dale Earnheart SS. Which will come with a heafty price tag. The plans for the concept SS are as follows 400HP LS2. Now these numbers are pretty fuckin weak!!!!!

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ls3

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jester View Post
    also the car is supposed to have a ls3 as rumored around
    LS3 I have never heard of this motor yet! what is the specs on this? Size, HP rating? I have heard of them maybe throwing a bottled up version of the LS7 in the concept car, but that would be a special edition Camaro. I think you pulled that out of your ass!!!

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Get Schooled

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Um..link? Somehow this seems unbelieveable.
    What Edmunds.com Says:If GM can build a real Camaro anywhere as cool as the concept, we should have something to look forward to in a few years.

What We Know: In GM Chairman Rick Wagoner's own words from an interview earlier this year, if the company didn't build the Chevy Camaro it would be essentially brain dead. Consider this a sign of life: Production of the new Camaro will start in late 2008, with sales beginning in the first quarter of 2009. Wagoner said the production Camaro will be virtually identical to the concept car.
    IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE IT SAYS THAT THE CONCEPT CAR WILL BE IDENTICAL TO THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT LOOK. YOU WILL FIND THIS AT Edmunds.com READ THE ARTICLE AND SCHOOL YOUR SELF

98' trans am

edmunds ..the holy grail of car info..just like wikipedia

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Pass it to the left

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    edmunds ..the holy grail of car info..just like wikipedia
    SO WHERE ARE YOUR FOUR ENGINE OPTIONS"HALF BAKED" OR DID YOU JUST PULL THAT OUT OF YOUR ASS TO GET SOME RECOGNITION?

98' trans am

yea motortrend must have pulled that out of their half baked asses this shit is played out. its not a concept..when they talk about pretty much the same car as concept..they are talking design point of view.. the rims are too expensive to produce and not practical

this is getting really violent.

the ls3 was just announced about a month ago if i remember correctly. either way, the camaro is still a concept car.

if u wanna debate something debate why the new camaro z28 is a limited car and the ss is the basic v8 now. but thats already been done on these forums

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by spookyz28 View Post
    SO WHERE ARE YOUR FOUR ENGINE OPTIONS"HALF BAKED" OR DID YOU JUST PULL THAT OUT OF YOUR ASS TO GET SOME RECOGNITION?
    You sure got a big mouth for such a small post count. Notice no one on this thread is really "yelling" but you?

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    You sure got a big mouth for such a small post count. Notice no one on this thread is really "yelling" but you?
    what ever you say tough guy

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Here is plenty of info on the new camaro:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/claim-pr...n-concept.html

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/co...d=rss_innovate

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/camar...oncept/122117/

"...GM says the car will have a V8, four-wheel disc brakes, a proper standard trannsmission, and a four-wheel independant suspension. Those wheels appear to be well over the 20-inch diameter mark, so you can likely expect smaller rims when the car goes on sale officially in a couple of years. Nearly everything else is identical to the coupe version of the concept including the interior, and..."

http://5thgenerationcamaro.com/

http://www.allnewcamaro.com/

I still think they are FUGLY!

Thread Information