Thread: CME Questions

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Question CME Questions

I am curious,

I want to do a CME on my 98 SS, but I also want to put an aftermarket system on that isn't overbearing or loud. What is compatible with the center mount system? Or would most of them be, just have to figure out what goes from the muffler?

I love the look of cme, just can't figure out how to mount it up to an exhaust. I thought of buying a used oem system that has duals and hooking that up to cme. Mine only has one exhaust tip, being a 98, so what have you done or what do you recommend. Thank you!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

When installing a CME, you almost need to have the muffler mocked up in position. Then mock the tips up to where you like em, then align the tailpipes and 90 degree bends as high up as you can get them.

As to your system being a single 3" tailpipe, I would not recommend running the single into one side of the CME tip or even customizing it to utilize both tips, which would be far to much fabrication.

I would look into another catback of muffler back system, as it would be easier to mount it up to the CME tips.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    When installing a CME, you almost need to have the muffler mocked up in position. Then mock the tips up to where you like em, then align the tailpipes and 90 degree bends as high up as you can get them.

As to your system being a single 3" tailpipe, I would not recommend running the single into one side of the CME tip or even customizing it to utilize both tips, which would be far to much fabrication.

I would look into another catback of muffler back system, as it would be easier to mount it up to the CME tips.
    Yeah I figured that about not hacking mine up or anything, I want to keep the single tip just for originality purposes. I have a spot in the attic reserved.

What catback will fit the cme setup other than a factory ss system?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    Yeah I figured that about not hacking mine up or anything, I want to keep the single tip just for originality purposes. I have a spot in the attic reserved.

What catback will fit the cme setup other than a factory ss system?
    I know Magnaflow will work. Anything with single outlet pipes from the muffler could be made to work really. I had an older Borla adjustable before my CME and it wouldn't work due to having dual outlet pipes from the driver side of the muffler.

Sorry to get off topic here, but if that is your Camaro with CME in your avatar Brandon, it looks great
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I know Magnaflow will work. Anything with single outlet pipes from the muffler could be made to work really. I had an older Borla adjustable before my CME and it wouldn't work due to having dual outlet pipes from the driver side of the muffler.

Sorry to get off topic here, but if that is your Camaro with CME in your avatar Brandon, it looks great
    No, its not mine. Its not on yet, but in a week or two.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

isn't it true that with an CME setup. you will lose some power in HP&TQ. compared with other setup.. such as true dual or just a Y-Pipe setup.?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    isn't it true that with an CME setup. you will lose some power in HP&TQ. compared with other setup.. such as true dual or just a Y-Pipe setup.?
    no...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    Negative

Thread Information