Thread: Climate Control

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Climate Control

Ok so here's an interesting question. We all know that camaros (isn't it weird that 'camaro' gets underlined as incorrect by the spell checker?) don't come with climate control. Well maybe they do, but at least I've never seen it. So my question is: can you give your camaro climate control with an a/c control panel swap? Or is that also controlled by other redundant systems? I only ask because I have a '98 Blazer with climate control and it'd be nice if I could make the switch.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

they have climate control, it's called the air conditioner and heater. which control the climate of the car. I dunno what you're trying to ask. haha

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    they have climate control, it's called the air conditioner and heater. which control the climate of the car. I dunno what you're trying to ask. haha

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading his post. I'm guessing he means dual for pass/driver and that would be a whole bunch of modding.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

you can always use my method, turn the knob to AC, turn the other knob to the left or right, and then select your fan speed. that's how I do it at least. haha, I'm just bustin your balls man.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

I always found it weird that Camaro comes up as an error on spell check...my car has climate control, I roll up the windows when its cold and let them down when its warm and bonus take off the T's...LOL

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Gentlemen, it's his 3rd post, let's welcome him a little better than this! He's probably referring to today's newest cars with all the lastest gizmos...did I say gizmos? I'm gettin' so old..that yes refer to individual settings, as well as setting a actual temp. on the screen [dial] and it adjust the car's temp. to your liking. Just like you're in your living room I guess.

White Liquid Silver

^^^Party pooper...haha...you still didn't answer his question even though you were nicer...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Ok ok let me clear up the confusion here. What we have in our cars right now is your standard heat and a/c(so nice for some of you to clear that up for me.......that was joke). The climate control that I'm referring to is the AUTOMATED feature that some GM vehicles have as an option. It looks similar to the control panel we have, except the fan and vent location knobs have an 'auto' setting. The temperature control also has degree increments on it. So for example, you set the fan and vent to 'auto', and then you select the temperature knob to a temperature that you always want the car to maintain. So say you set it to 70 degrees....the climate control will then either run the heat or a/c depending on what the ambient temperature of the car is at that time.
    My 98 Blazer has it. It's an option that probably comes with the LT package. Google a picture image of it if you're still confused.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Here's a photo of the panel screen. This isn't exactly like the one I have, but you get the point with those 'auto' setting I'm referring to.
    Last edited by Finally; 03-25-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Here's the exact picture from a blazer/jimmy. I'd like to think that the one from the camaro and the blazer are of the same dimensions. So would swapping them work?
    Last edited by Finally; 03-25-2009 at 04:13 PM.

White Liquid Silver

Good find if it does...try it and let us know.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

That's the thing though. I'd hate to rip apart the dash on both vehicles just to find that it doesn't work. If no one knows, I'll probably eventually try it, but I'll have to wait until the summer to make sure both heat and a/c kick in.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my mom had a 07 Caddy CTS with a crazy climate control. it's so confusing to use. I like the AC in my car better actually. way more simple and easy to use. but I guess that one pic you put up is fairly simple looking. I dunno if it would be worth the work tho.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Ok, I'm a GM Service Technician, and I can answer your question.

Swapping the control panel will not work.
    The control panel tells the Body Control Module (BCM) what to do. So, unless you have the programmed BCM, it won't work. You'd also need a temp. sensor to tell the BCM what the temp. in the car is.
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Okay jigger1166...here's my question while we're on the subject. Can I install my Barcalounger into my 2001 SS Camaro and make all the electric seat functions work?

White Liquid Silver

everyone knows the barcalounger works with the stock harness...no programing needed...duh...haha

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

climate control.......who needs a/c of heat for that fact. it's all about the car no ammenities just HORSEPOWER
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Okay jigger1166...here's my question while we're on the subject. Can I install my Barcalounger into my 2001 SS Camaro and make all the electric seat functions work?
    Well you'd have to install a power inverter. LOL

Thread Information