Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chickens

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

chickens

Ok so i have an o2 ss camaro. Why is it that every time i pull up next to a mustang gt they wont race me? I even tried to get a mustang cobra to race dont know the year of it. All 5 just drive off slowly. Anyone else encounter this

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Maybe they don't want to risk a street racing ticket, having their car impounded, or just potentially wrecking and killing themselves or even worse, someone else.

And on top of all that, most GT drivers probably already know how their GT will fare against an LS1.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Ask Y2K I have the opposite problem. Every where I go everybody wants to race me. Trucks,stangs,imports, etc... 99.99999 % of the time I say no thanks. I know what the car runs. And the ones that usually ask are not worth the waste of gas. The ones I do want to race I ask to go to the track.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

You called it

if it looks like a chicken, and clucks like a chicken it's proably a chicken. Most won't mess with me either, and that's good because like most said it would be a waste of gas. They know better.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

i concur

Junior Member jason_a_marzewski's Avatar

BRIGHT RALLY RED
    2002 CAMARO Z28RS

I have a well-tuned Camaro: It features an LS-6 engine, special tuning, high-flow induction and exhaust, and a full battery of suspension modifications, to name just a few of the performance upgrades that I've made to the car. It's not the fastest Camaro on the road, but it's pretty potent.

This leads me to my point: Perhaps the other drivers won't race against you for the same reason that I won't engage anyone in a street race, whether it's a V-6 Mustang, Cavalier, new Camaro, Corvette, or any other vehicle for that matter. Street racing is dangerous and foolish. Not only do street racers endanger themselves and their vehicles and risk personal injury, car damage, arrest, imprisionment, fines, and vehicle impoundment, they also jeopardize the safety of motorists around them.

I bought and modify my Camaro for my own, personal enjoyment, not to provide entertainment for others or to show off. It's possible that the drivers that you encounter feel the same way, or are simply exercising the same caution and discretion that all motorists should employ.

In summation, a quote from "Spider-Man": "With great power comes great responsibility."

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jason_a_marzewski View Post
    In summation, a quote from "Spider-Man": "With great power comes great responsibility."
    +1.

You can lie to yourself as much as you want and say street racing is safe when people block off the road or whatever (hell i used to say it and do it) but in reality its not. Tracks have EMT's, guard rails, sand traps, and a ton of other features that the streets don't have. You want to race safe, go to a track, don't like that its safe on the streets.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I have had a bunch of friends die or get hurt street racing. I'm not going to lie i did it before but as a cop i see to many unfortunate events with young kids and racing I'm young myself but you got a lot of life to live man go to a track

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

First of all im not trying to encourage street racing. My point was mustang owners must have alot of respect for our cars. And know that they would more than likley see our tailights. But lets all be honest at one time or another we have all street raced. With that being said we need to all be careful out there

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Really

Boy, are you guys a bunch of old farts. Street racing dangerous, had friends die from it. Friends die from track racing too, or just going to the store to get a gallon of milk. Almost 40k people die on the roads every year in the US. How many do you think were involved in street racing at the time, maybe less than 1%. Dumb F&ckers drinking and driving, or texting while behind the wheel is more dangerous. Get off your high horse and have a little fun.
    Everybody gets all I only race on the track on the Lotus site also, I find it hard to believe you guys don't mess around.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

I concur!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jason_a_marzewski View Post
    I have a well-tuned Camaro: It features an LS-6 engine, special tuning, high-flow induction and exhaust, and a full battery of suspension modifications, to name just a few of the performance upgrades that I've made to the car. It's not the fastest Camaro on the road, but it's pretty potent.

This leads me to my point: Perhaps the other drivers won't race against you for the same reason that I won't engage anyone in a street race, whether it's a V-6 Mustang, Cavalier, new Camaro, Corvette, or any other vehicle for that matter. Street racing is dangerous and foolish. Not only do street racers endanger themselves and their vehicles and risk personal injury, car damage, arrest, imprisionment, fines, and vehicle impoundment, they also jeopardize the safety of motorists around them.

I bought and modify my Camaro for my own, personal enjoyment, not to provide entertainment for others or to show off. It's possible that the drivers that you encounter feel the same way, or are simply exercising the same caution and discretion that all motorists should employ.

That's a sweet car too bad you don't have fun with it when your driving on public roads.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

While I do engage in some "spirited" driving from time to time, I don't drive the car like that everytime I'm behind the wheel.

AAMOF, I have 1 (stocker) just to drive and another (modded) to race.

Also, there is a place on this forum to post these types of discussions. I'm suprised that Preston didn't suggest this.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I do mess around but i do have a career that if i get caught im literally screwed

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

summed up; dangerous, waste of gas, potential damage to your badass car/yourself/others, high dollar tickets, impounded car, insurance goes up, no more car

i enjoy racing but i'd rather race in a more controlled environment where i wont get that surprise when someone runs a red light, cuts me off, an animal runs out in the road, where i can't face legal issues and possibly lose my car and have to pay lots of $$ to get it back. anything could happen.

like Z28Thunder said, everyone tries to provoke you but i'm not risking losing my car in a city that has cops literally every corner to show my ass to some guy in a mustang. im not driving 10 under the limit by any means but im definitely not romping on it between lights or going excessively fast.

RED
    2001 CAMARO ss

i,m with blue thunder 42 , if chance is there why not . this cars were made for this , you just need to know when to go and when to stop . besides this cars are not going to hold value like the 67,68,69 cars unless it,s a limited car .

i do agree that the track is the best place to race .

Black
    2002 Z28

man this sucks..ive had my license twomonths and the only racing action ive got was from doing fly bys with a friend in his v6 stang..other than that a white 99 Z28 flew by me but no one has ever challenged me to a race

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    man this sucks..ive had my license twomonths and the only racing action ive got was from doing fly bys with a friend in his v6 stang..other than that a white 99 Z28 flew by me but no one has ever challenged me to a race
    I dont know how far you are from arundel mills but every saturday during the summer a huge meet of cars go up there and if im not working thats where i am. There usually is around 40-50 cars there

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    I've had my license for 40 years and I don't intend to lose it either.

Streets are for driving; race tracks are for racing...

And, no, I'm not perfect.

Thread Information