Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Camaro LS1 vs. Mustang Saleen

I know the cobra is faster then the LS1 but I do not know anything about the Saleens.
    A friend of mine is supposedly getting a 2000 Saleen this Friday stock.
    It kind of surprised me that its an automatic? I thought it would be stick.
    So what do they run? what kind of power do they have and how would it run against a stock LS1? thx

Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Too many

its a drivers race really. i've taken out a few when i was stock...an LS6 intake manifold would help you some. they claim like 365hp and 400tq. when in reality (like almost every other ford) it is much less at the wheels. they run anywhere from low-mid 13s with a good driver

put some bolt-ons on your car (LTs and a lid) and your set..

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

They aint that quick, i killed a few S281's. Actually theres a black one around town i saw a few times

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Ok I just wanted to make sure, still its a M.U.S.T.A.N.G Must Use Supercharger or Turbo Against N/a Gms

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I let a friend of mine drive my car down the track against a Saleen... my car was stock...and he had some "other" mods then just what Saleen puts on it... he ran I believe a 13.1 and that's here in the low grip... so just be carefull it isn't modified further

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Ok I just wanted to make sure, still its a M.U.S.T.A.N.G Must Use Supercharger or Turbo Against N/a Gms
    I have to remember that one.

Red
    2000 Z28

I raced a saleen the other day, and we were about dead even up to about 90 mph, then I backed off. I'm mostly stock, ported TB, cat back, lid, and k&n

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Can they come in auto? Cause this one is an auto and i never seen one before, starting to think maybe its a GT

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Saleen's ARE GT's... they just bolt on a supercharger (on some) and tweek the suspension and body kit... basicly... they are really nothing that special...I mean anyone with about $5K... can make their GT run faster... you're just buying the Name and the street cred...basicly...

and you could order yours in Automatic...

White
    2001 Camaro Z-28

I think you should worry more about the 03' & 04' Cobra if you are worried at all....most Cobra guys can drive what they have and they have quite a bit!

They can swap pulleys are push 16-17 lbs of boost in a DOHC V8. They are quick don't get me wrong, but I have spanked everyone I have ever raced. They can't leave the line without traction problems. They come equiped with IRS (independent rear suspension) I have an automatic, 3.73's, LT's, 2600 Stall, Vette Servo, Custom N/A Tune, MSD Coils, 3" True Duals w/ no cats or mufflers, & BF Goodrich drag radials. I run mid to high 11's.

I have a friend who has a mildly stroked, super charged 03' Cobra with ported and polished heads. He pushes 650 HP and I walked 4 car lenths on him in the 1/8 and held it thru the 1/4 on a 100 HP of N2O. I don't have near the HP as he does but it's all about how much you can control. Take care and beware of those Cobra's!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea I know about the cobras, I know they would win stock, my plans of getting mods are Borla exhaust, lid, SLP filter, 3.73 gears, shift kit, torque converter (dont know what stall to get yet), SBC, V6 springs in the rear, minor weight reduction and a tune and of course tires dont know which ones yet either so I know i would b able to take the cobras eventually.
    What do you think I would be running?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

I dont know much about mustangs, but whats the difference between a saleen and a cobra? if both are supercharged, is the performance that big of difference? I have lt, ls6 intake(waitin to install), nittos, cai, sfc, lca, 4.10s (also waiting to install), would i be able to keep up? there's a couple of evo's, sti's, cobras rolling around lately and i was just wondering.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by ghui99ss View Post
    I dont know much about mustangs, but whats the difference between a saleen and a cobra? if both are supercharged, is the performance that big of difference? I have lt, ls6 intake(waitin to install), nittos, cai, sfc, lca, 4.10s (also waiting to install), would i be able to keep up? there's a couple of evo's, sti's, cobras rolling around lately and i was just wondering.
    ok...here's the deal... Saleen/Roush...they both use the standard issue GT body and motor...SOHC 2v 4.6L V8... they make about 100HP more to the motor then the stocker so about 360HP with a Supercharger... with suspension mods as well as body kits... most Stock LS1's can easily come out on top...

As for COBRA'S... they are completely difrent beasts sure they also have Superchargers but they are DOHC 4v 4.6L V8's... 400HP and 400Tq so say about 340WHP... give or take a few... they are heavier then a GT (GT 3200lbs, Cobra 3600lbs) now... due to gearing and their 6speed trans... they are high 12's cars right off the bat... and can easily be made much faster...

You could probably keep up or even beat a stock Cobra... as far as modified ones...they might spank you.. Evo's and STi's just don't race them from a dig...

Glad I could be of service

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

If I was to have any kind of mustang, I would rather have a 03/04 mach 1 over the cobra. The mach 1 has the same engine as the Cobra and same parts just missing the supercharger plus I think they are sexier especially with the shaker. And best thing about it, is that they get so much more power from simple mods. A mach 1 with a cold air intake and exhaust would beat a stock cobra without a supercharger hehe

Thread Information